Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Unfortunately, Jaco continues to deny they have a problem and sell tires mounted on horribly defective rims. Even more unfortunately, when I told SoCal to only order TRC tires, nobody listened and they just got a big box of Jaco’s in.

Claudio – I’m assuming you’ve got more of the ones with severely warped rims. You’ll have to send them to Jaco. They’ll say, “nothing’s wrong” but send you a new and usually good set back.

Taz – Richard and several others have been running the BSR’s since the Jaco issue and have liked them a lot. Myself and yet different people have gone to all TRC stuff and I can say I wish I switched away from using any Jaco stuff a long time ago.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default JACO SUCKS

i have found Jaco rims to suck for 1/12 scale as well. i had a couple of sets of the older grey rims and they were fine but since they have switched to the white rims they are extremley brittle.i put a hair line crack in the race of one set just pushing the bearings in! i was in Warwick RI. for a few nights recently and the track up there only had Jaco-i went through 3 sets of fronts in 3 nights. all it would take is one tap on the boards,and i mean tap.even getting clipped by another car.i personally will never buy another jaco wheel ever.CRC are great,very tough,but tend to wobble a bit.TRC is the way to go tough,light,true. the only thing i dont like is the flourescent puke green/yellow color. but i can live with it. spending $20 on fronts every track day i cant live with
Old 03-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yeah, I have been happy with the BSR's Good quality at a
super good price form RC4Less. And super FAST shipping.
http://www.rc4less.com/
Tell him, RichardT referred you.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Jaco Tires

Originally posted by thirdplace
Yep!
I went round and round. Then Jaco sent me a new pair.
But they claim there is no problem. SoCal is not responsible
You may have to send them to Jaco. B.S. I know.
You should post it in Jaco threrd. That will piss them off. http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdis...ne=&forumid=64
More then likely, after you post they will delete it, if they don't like what you have to say. Right Mark?
Wobble Wobble Wobble
Yeah I just posted a question on there. I am wondering if they will respond? I am interested to finding out since I am a possible consumer of these products.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey yall. Here is a letter I wrote to Associated Electrics about sponsoring the US Pan Car Championships
Attached Files
File Type: txt
letter to ae.txt (1.8 KB, 156 views)
Old 03-02-2004, 10:22 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good letter! Let us know how they respond!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Where can I find TRC tires?
Old 03-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Go here: http://www.teamtrinity.com/prodlist.asp?section=58 and when you click "buy now", they are added to your cart for about $2-5 cheaper than anyplace else. The price listed there is not really the price...
Old 03-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Hey yall. Here is a letter I wrote to Associated Electrics about sponsoring the US Pan Car Championships
Gary Owen is the man to speak with at Associated. He has been the one to contribute sponsorship to our monthly trophy races at South Shore Hobby & Raceway on Associated's behalf by sending kits and door prizes. Hes a really nice guy and easy to talk to.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Jaco's response

Jaco response to out of round tires on their thread- It is our fault.

Hello,

their is no problem with our product. I will be the first to admitt that yes we have heard and seen in a few situations, a bad wheel or a defect of the wheel ( I want to stress we do not manufacture the wheel) but no matter if you find a defect with a wheel send it in and we will send out replacements ASAP.

their is a myth that some people can not get our wheel to sit flust and be in round.

after many hours of trying to get our wheel to mount out of true, I figured out what is happening.

the out of round wheel is caused by the user screwing and tightning one screw at a time, then doing the same thing to the 2nd and 3rd and finally the 4th.

imagine it like a head on a nitro engine, their is a pattern in which to tighten it. a wheel or anything that 4 screws go into has to have a pattern.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default RC4Less link

Richard, thanks for the link. I am going to place an order but I wanted to know what tires do you guys run at Revelation Raceway. I want to have the right compound.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by MarkA
Go here: http://www.teamtrinity.com/prodlist.asp?section=58 and when you click "buy now", they are added to your cart for about $2-5 cheaper than anyplace else. The price listed there is not really the price...
Cool, thanks Mark.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Jaco's response

1) "their is no problem with our product"........

Nice, guess the customer is now convinced his observations are wrong because you said so....

2) "( I want to stress we do not manufacture the wheel)"

Why would you "stress" this if : "their is no problem with our product"........

3) "their is a myth that....."

Oh, guess I'm just stupid for thinking a wobbeling wheel is wobbeling.....

4) "the out of round wheel is caused by the user screwing and tightning one screw at a time, then doing the same thing to the 2nd and 3rd and finally the 4th."

Yea, right.......how do you explain the FRONT WHEELS?

Sure wish they would have commented about the wheel breaking while you were putting in the bearings......

Defenition of progress: "Trying to make things as good as they used to be..."

Last edited by Graphitedust; 03-03-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mr Green says your just a whiner, Graphitedust......Maybe you should just throw a cheesburger at the Jaco rep.....

Note: No fast food was harmed in the making of this post.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Hmmmmm, when tightening down a TRC or BSR rim in exactly the same manner as I do the Jacos, they never wobble even 10% as much as the Jacos do.

I guess what they’re really saying is that the other companies’ rims are so much better engineered that they’ll run true even when morons like us buy them and don’t know how to mount them on to the car…

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.