Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

If I get a pan car I would most likely run it on Sunday races at Revelation. I use to run offroad at SoCal and the people that ran there on Sunday(offroad race day) was the reason I quit electric offroad. I just couldn't stand all the kids that thought they were big shots, hacking you then yelling at you. I hope the people that run onroad there are not the same.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bryan N.
If I get a pan car I would most likely run it on Sunday races at Revelation. I use to run offroad at SoCal and the people that ran there on Sunday(offroad race day) was the reason I quit electric offroad. I just couldn't stand all the kids that thought they were big shots, hacking you then yelling at you. I hope the people that run onroad there are not the same.
Yea it suck when you have guys like that but I think you have better luck with the Pro 10 guys then the wantofbe
Old 03-25-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Very few kids on the onroad. Come down and check it out this saturday night. and Rev is only once a month for 1/10 mod pan
Old 03-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is one of the side neff look on the car.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10th pan car-side-nuff-car.jpg  

Last edited by Taz_S; 03-25-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by thirdplace
Very few kids on the onroad.
Yeah, most of the children around SoCal and I mean that both chronologically and in the way people act, are OffRoaders. OnRoad is safe for us racers…lol…
Old 03-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Do you guys always run TRC in front and Jaco in the rear?

I was just looking at pics of the Grand Prix at SoCal, and I must say the people do look friendlier then the offroader I'm use to seeing there.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was just looking at pics of the Grand Prix at SoCal, and I must say the people do look friendlier then the offroader I'm use to seeing there.
We have a mature group of on-roaders.

It's a matter of prefence on the brand. We run pink fronts and green rears. TRC pink's are cheaper than Jaco pink's.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

It seems to be either pinks or greens in the front. Greens seem to give a little bit more front traction, but the pinks last longer. I personally like the pinks better.

I have tried whites, greys and blacks on the front. Don't bother. They suck. In fact, I only got TWO runs at Rev on a set of black fronts. . .boy did that surprise me!

I used to run off-road (XX-CR KE) and worked my way up to B-Main Sportsman before I just got tired of all the mud and all the "white-trash"-ness.

Running Pro10 with our crowd - I was IMMEDIATELY welcomed in, given advice in setup and tires, etc. As I learned to drive I was given advice in clean driving (it took me a while and some intense "lessons" from Richard. . . ) and in how to drive even faster. This crowd is the most supportive group of racers I have ever known. Join them!

And come up to Rev on the 2nd Sunday! Mod kicks a$$ (don't tell Erik I said that! )
Old 03-26-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default L2 for sale

I know this isnt the place to be posting items for sale, but I figured I would give you guys a chance to at least take a poke at this. Im sellin my L2 and if anyone is interested please e-mail me

[email protected]

Thanks

Mike
Old 03-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

If you’re referring to most of my setups on my setup page, I got started with TRC fronts and Jaco rears for a reason other than price actually. I’ve found TRC’s front rims to be generally truer than Jaco’s while when it comes to rears, for a while we were all having a problem with the TRC foam splitting along the seam.

Nowadays, both brands seem to have fixed their quality control issues so you can use either ones without any issues. The TRC’s a few bucks cheaper per pair but are trued to a smaller diameter out of the package than the Jacos so it evens out. I just stick with the TRC front, Jaco rear setup because well, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…
Old 03-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Hey, I know a guy that is workin on GTP bodies for Nitro TCs and Im sure that I could swing a few nice bods for your pan cars. LMK
Old 03-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

If anyone ever wanted to screw around with the Hyperdrive Pro10 Car, there’s one on Ebay at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2565
Old 03-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Hey guys, Im finally going to get that P35 for my Corally. I'll post pics of it when I get it painted up
Old 03-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

It looks like a poor L2. Looks like the non-reactive caster front end, the L2 rearpod with holes for ball studs, and a graphite t-bar. I think I would pay $40 for it, but just because there is a graphite tbar to tool around with, and some tires and bodies. Pinks arnt all that great outside of mod at socal , and the Nissan body is allittle too high downforce. But it wouldn't be a bad starter car since everything looks to be associated, so parts would be easy to find.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

It's different in a couple ways. It supposedly has holes for adjusting the wheelbase by moving the front end (I think you can see one just behind the right-front suspension mount) on the chassis like a lot of Oval cars do. They also use a wider rear pod with the theory being that it will decrease the leverage placed on the side axle bearings. Don't think that's too good of an idea though as it will really off-center the motor.

It's just an AE front end but the seller probably has the non-reactive castor blocks on because he's from Minnesota and the track they race these on there is carpet. You can afford to give up a lot of steering on carpet.

Bid’s only $25 right now though and although I personally don’t want to bid on it, these things are $260 new http://rc4less.safeshopper.com/17/97.htm?444

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.