Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How u been, Long time. I think there's a few guys running 1/10 pancars over here in Chino. Carpet racing. Not to far from you.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/track/hours.asp
Let me know If you want to check it out one day and maybe I cam meet you there.
Richard T

http://www.tqrcracing.com/

Originally Posted by MrPhoney
It's been quite a few years since I have been racing, but I still have all my stuff. Including my hoard of pancar bodies. Are they as difficult to get as they used to be? Nice to see Boomer still around. Hi Boomer. Is Mark Anton still racing? Are there any places to run GTP cars in SoCal? I have a couple of RC10L2's and a RC10L2.5 that haven't seen the light of day in 4 years or so. I am itching to get back out.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Third Place

Nice to hear from you Richard. Since I moved to Laguna Hills awhile back, I am 5 minutes from the Tamiya Track in Aliso Viejo. Their track is open every Saturday and is free. True, you have to run Tamiya cars only, but I have a couple of Mini's and I might try that first. Also, has anyone had their Turbo 35charger changed over to handle Lipo packs?

Claudio Ortiz
Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Old 10-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

has anyone had their Turbo 35charger changed over to handle Lipo packs?

Claudio Ortiz
Lots including me.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Do you know if a Turbo30 can be converted? Who converted? Where?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Turbo 30

The Turbo 30 cannot be upgraded to Lipo. The Turbo 35 and GTX can. Here is the link from Competition Electronics.

http://www.competitionelectronics.co.../upgrades.html

Claudio
Old 10-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

well poop.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

I had my Turbo 30 updated to LIPO and it works fine...I haven't used in for a while so if anyone is interested...I will sell it for $120.00 plus ship or if your local I will meet you (So Cal, Torrance)
Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Pan Cars

For you pan car fans---TQ Hobbies in Chino is now racing both 1/12 scale and World GT style pan cars with limited changes. Check out the website---new series coming in Nov --Dec 1st and 3rd Sundays---
I'm running an associated 1/12 and 1/10 in both class's--VERY FUN!!

And now -- WCRC in La Mirada is also getting 1/12 and 1/10 pan car class's started. Last night we had 6 1/12--no 1/10 yet but I know several guys ordered them and I've got one as well. But TQ is definitely running them--Wed nights and Sundays---
Check it out --- PAN CARS LIVE!!!!
Tim Neja
Old 10-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Donn
I had my Turbo 30 updated to LIPO and it works fine...I haven't used in for a while so if anyone is interested...I will sell it for $120.00 plus ship or if your local I will meet you (So Cal, Torrance)
Where did you get it done? Sure it's a 30 and not a 35?
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default TQ Racing

I went to TQ Racing yesterday with my RC10L2.5 and had a great time. I used the same setup that I had for SoCal Raceway and other than going down a pinion I made no changes. I used greens all around and that worked great. Very nice track, first time on carpet.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

To anyone with a rc10l2.5, I found some setups from Mark Anton but they seem to be on higher traction asphalt. Someone want to share some setups with which they had good results with on very low to medium traction asphalt? . Damper tube setups are ok too.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a custom painted Sofia body as I decided I am not running 1/10 pan anymore. Never used, no holes drilled, PM me your email if interested. Very wild paint scheme.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is Mark Anton still racing?
Hey everyone here at RCTech. Long time no post for me, acutually, long time no lurk even.

To catch up, I last raced RC in fall of 05' at SoCal and last posted here about three years ago. Since then, I lived in very rural New Mexico for a couple years and am now in Corvallis, OR. I've been getting my racing fix with the full-scale RallyX events still.

I wound up back here because the s/o and I were in Salem today for some Xmas shopping and I went to a indoor carpet track there I had heard about just to look around. My jaw dropped, and I mean dropped, when I looked at the results laying around - the biggest classes appear to be WGT and 1/12th scale and the hobby shop had more pan car stuff than I'd seen in 15 years! Figured I'd log-in to see what was up.

Tempted, in fact I think I'll be looking up WGT kits after I post this. But in hindsight, wow, was what we as the "SoCal Pan Car Guys" had, a special era for all involved or what?

I hope all is well with everyone although I've seen Boomer, Mr. Green and Todd in person in the last year or so and e-mailed or talked on the phone with a few of you others. I come back to CA every 5-6 months so maybe some sort of a reunion, perhaps an afternoon at one of the K1 karting centers is in order. I'll post back here when I know what might be possible.

Just got a laugh out of looking at my profile here - after all these years away, my post per day average is still greater than 1 a day - how did I ever get any work done. And, I just found my L2.5 sheets and some L2 ones being hosted on a french RC website - I'm kinda flattered.

Last edited by MarkA; 12-11-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
To anyone with a rc10l2.5, I found some setups from Mark Anton but they seem to be on higher traction asphalt. Someone want to share some setups with which they had good results with on very low to medium traction asphalt? . Damper tube setups are ok too.
To jump right back in the swing of tech questions, first, for low-bite asphalt with the L2.5, make sure you're not running the center T-bar screw. I assume you're chasing rear grip? It's pretty simple - if you need more side bite, soften only the side shocks. I tended to move both oil and springs at the same time to keep the car from getting jumpy. That is, drop 5wt on the oil and one spring rate gap at the same time. You can get the car very soft on the side shocks and it will still work. For more bite under acceleration, start softening the center shock. The car also responded very well to running softer rear than front tires to achieve a balance. Bigger side dams on the body, regardless of the body style itself, also tended to help.

Dampner tubes weren't that good on the L2.5 if bite was less than "very high" period. I'd run shocks on the side in a low-bite situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.