Wiki Posts
Search

1/5 Scale Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 1/5 Scale Racing

Which chassis is recommended? I'm looking at FG, SVM Chrono, and Harm. Hydraulic brakes necesary? Has anyone seen a SVM web link?
Old 12-16-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Well I think I'm getting this so nevermind.

http://www.ashfordhobby.com/prod140.htm
Old 12-19-2002, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

how much will that car cost? where can you order one?
Old 12-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Actually I think I'm getting the FG-Competition Evo. http://www.fg-america.com

The other car can be brought at http://www.ashfordhobby.com
Old 12-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What is the price and part number for the fg competion evo.?
Old 12-20-2002, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

FG-America told me $1789 for the Competition Evo which is what it's called. Ashford Hobbies told me $1700 for the Technokit Competition chassis. The biggest difference from my investigations is the FG has hydraulic brakes like a real car. What does this do? More stopping power less adjustment. The Technokit just uses a cable from the servo to stop where as the FG Evo uses actual brake fluid. The problem that could come up if you tear, cut or rip a brake line you must bleed them again on the FG which I hear is not that easy. Well I should say you could probably bleed them but it might not be as good as the factory. From what I was told don't try to modify the brakes. Keep the lines in a zip tie if they are long and they will last a long a$$ time. I've heard complaints about the hydraulics but it people trying to mess with stuff. Plus I want the best. If it has more stopping power with no adjustments I'm down. With cables as the brake pads wear you must tune the brakes ala the servo like a 200mm car. These things are bigger, go 60 mph and I don't want to worry about stooping. Not that you couldn't with regular cable brakes.

My local Hobby shop is selling me the FG for $1700 even! So why would I get the Technokit for the same price without the same goodies as the FG?
Old 12-20-2002, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

I forgot one thing. The pipe that comes with the FG develops more power and is a $369 piece that a lot of racers in Europe are switching to. Technokit doesn't have but you can get the Samba exhaust for about $350 I think.

Old 12-20-2002, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Isaac
FG-America told me $1789 for the Competition Evo which is what it's called. Ashford Hobbies told me $1700 for the Technokit Competition chassis. The biggest difference from my investigations is the FG has hydraulic brakes like a real car. What does this do? More stopping power less adjustment. The Technokit just uses a cable from the servo to stop where as the FG Evo uses actual brake fluid. The problem that could come up if you tear, cut or rip a brake line you must bleed them again on the FG which I hear is not that easy. Well I should say you could probably bleed them but it might not be as good as the factory. From what I was told don't try to modify the brakes. Keep the lines in a zip tie if they are long and they will last a long a$$ time. I've heard complaints about the hydraulics but it people trying to mess with stuff. Plus I want the best. If it has more stopping power with no adjustments I'm down. With cables as the brake pads wear you must tune the brakes ala the servo like a 200mm car. These things are bigger, go 60 mph and I don't want to worry about stooping. Not that you couldn't with regular cable brakes.

My local Hobby shop is selling me the FG for $1700 even! So why would I get the Technokit for the same price without the same goodies as the FG?

I have a FG EVO too, Hydralic brakes is the way to go! I am not joking, I had a competition version before the EVO and it has cable brakes. If you were to ask me to pick one I will get the H.B. in a heart beat.

H.B. are so consistance, stoping power always the same from the first minute in the main till the last mintue in the main, it doesnt have brake fade even when the disc is heat up, left and right are so balanced under braking, (those cable brakes are pain in the ass to balance).
Old 12-20-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

That's all I needed to hear. Heck I didn't even think about the affects during a 30 min main, consistancy, fade issue or best of all balance. Thank you AH10!!!!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

That's all I needed to hear. Heck I didn't even think about the affects during a 30 min main, consistancy, fade issue or best of all balance. Thank you AH10!!!!
you are welcome, oh by the way, what radio are you planning to use for the 5th scale? the reason I ask is because it does require to use 3rd channel to operate front disc brake so you need a radio can do brake mix.

I am currently using Futaba 3PK, it has one more feature that other radio doesnt have in the market, besides the brake mix it has a program mix too. What I am refering is the front brake can release according to the steering angle but rear still maintain 100% brake so that means I can hit full brake while turning the wheel and still have front end steering traction! and that improves the lap time dramatically!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

I have the same radio and it's sweet!

You'll have to show me that trick on my radio. I plan on having the car by February. [email protected]
Old 12-20-2002, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

I have the same radio and it's sweet!

You'll have to show me that trick on my radio. I plan on having the car by February. [email protected]
Sure you have my number, just call me when you are ready! it is very easy to set up the brake mix and the program mix, the hard part is to set it up to your driving style!
but dont worry I will help u with that
Old 12-25-2002, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Technokit

Well Ah10 I'm back to the Technokit. After talking to Ron from Alro Racing USA I've decided on that chassis.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Technokit

Well Ah10 I'm back to the Technokit. After talking to Ron from Alro Racing USA I've decided on that chassis.
Excellent! I love the technokit torque sensing diff, but the only problem I have with the diff is the washer inbetween the bevel gear and the housing(the bevel that take the outdrive) got bad, and i dont know where I can get a new one! so I have been running the FG adjustable one for the time being! if you know where I can buy that washer please let me know!

Thanks
Old 01-12-2003, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Technokit

Hey Ah10, is your emblem the 4-Ring Circus? Just kidding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.