Search
Like Tree61Likes

1/7 Arrma Infraction

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gavsta72
Unless it's old news, the 2 new trucks are the 1/10 versions of the Kraton and Outcast
Not really sure when that was posted.

The thing that makes me think that there are more vehicles coming is the Senton 6s never received updates in March with the rest of the vehicles. Someone brought that up on Facebook and the Horizon rep said that "Arrma has big plans for the Senton"

But at this point who knows outside of Arrma and Horizon.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Where did you read that about the tires? That’s been my concern since minute I read about it. Having to replace tires that quickly was one of the problems the Losi6 had. If this is true, tires better be reasonable priced.

I might have to reconsider my order. I’m not interested in going through another tire nightmare
The videos I've seen online - who knows the real-world, not showing off for YouTube, lifespan... I can say they feel excellent in the flesh, that's for sure.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lsear2905
The videos I've seen online - who knows the real-world, not showing off for YouTube, lifespan... I can say they feel excellent in the flesh, that's for sure.
Other then the one video for the other version, I haven’t looked for videos for these. In past I’ve found the videos by those chosen to get a vehicle early to be overly positive. So I stopped watching them.

I did like the feel of the tires when I saw the car. But if they are wearing out that fast, 1 run is ridiculous, 3 runs is not good. At around $60 at set, looking at it costing $20 every time someone runs the car. I’ve got time still to change my mind. But if they are wearing out that fast, it will really hurt sales.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Other then the one video for the other version, I haven’t looked for videos for these. In past I’ve found the videos by those chosen to get a vehicle early to be overly positive. So I stopped watching them.

I did like the feel of the tires when I saw the car. But if they are wearing out that fast, 1 run is ridiculous, 3 runs is not good. At around $60 at set, looking at it costing $20 every time someone runs the car. I’ve got time still to change my mind. But if they are wearing out that fast, it will really hurt sales.
I totally agree on the videos. As far as the tires go.... that’s crazy! People used to complain about the price of nitro fuel lol!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Micah78

I totally agree on the videos. As far as the tires go.... that’s crazy! People used to complain about the price of nitro fuel lol!
Most will just brush it off at first. Some Losi6 owners were that way. But they came from racing 1/5. Where spending a few hundred for the day of racing was normal. Not from the “basher”( still don’t like that term) side where running a vehicle multiple times a week is common. I’m going to try to wait till the 1st of July to decide if I keeping the order or switching to something else.

Already had 2 less then great experiences with Arrma. Not looking for a 3rd.
Dave_S and lsear2905 like this.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly[left
Already had 2 less then great experiences with Arrma. Not looking for a 3rd.
My one experience with Arrma doesn’t exactly make me happy either. I drank the Kool Aid on the Big Rock 1/8 scale. Since then Arrmas been sued by Traxxas and now my expensive vehicle is no longer. I pretty much don’t run it anymore. Just sitting in the corner broken, collecting dust.[/left]
Old 06-21-2019, 06:44 AM
Tech Prophet

My one experience with Arrma doesn’t exactly make me happy either. I drank the Kool Aid on the Big Rock 1/8 scale. Since then Arrmas been sued by Traxxas and now my expensive vehicle is no longer. I pretty much don’t run it anymore. Just sitting in the corner broken, collecting dust.
Us Nero owner got screwed by Arrma with the release of the Big Rock. The lawsuit was more of a big deal to us then to the company. Hobbico barely listed the expense of it.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

I feel bad for the guys who bought the Nero, it had great potential to be a good rc. Knowing Arrma they were most likely starting the work on updates for things.

I feel the same way about Arrma BK, I bought a first gen Outcast and completely destroyed it on 4s. But most of the past issues have been fixed, except that damn wing mount, even the aftermarket ones break pretty easy, I did eventually have a RPM one that lasted over a year though. And I also bought the Typhon 3s the day it came out, first time out with it I broke a front a arm and ended up waiting almost 3 months for a replacement! Rpm released their aftermarket a arms like 2-3 weeks later. Come on Arrma and aftermarket company almost had upgrade parts available before you had stock parts available get with the program.

The 4s platform has the same a arm breakage issue, watch the Aussie Rc Playground running video of the Kraton 4s and see how easy those a arms break, and guess what no replacement a arms have been available since launch and they won't be available for another couple of weeks.

Just saying that even though it is 90% Typhon, luck would say that the one part that everyone breaks easily is going to be the part that Arrma doesn't have available.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by slick2500
I feel bad for the guys who bought the Nero, it had great potential to be a good rc. Knowing Arrma they were most likely starting the work on updates for things.

I feel the same way about Arrma BK, I bought a first gen Outcast and completely destroyed it on 4s. But most of the past issues have been fixed, except that damn wing mount, even the aftermarket ones break pretty easy, I did eventually have a RPM one that lasted over a year though. And I also bought the Typhon 3s the day it came out, first time out with it I broke a front a arm and ended up waiting almost 3 months for a replacement! Rpm released their aftermarket a arms like 2-3 weeks later. Come on Arrma and aftermarket company almost had upgrade parts available before you had stock parts available get with the program.

The 4s platform has the same a arm breakage issue, watch the Aussie Rc Playground running video of the Kraton 4s and see how easy those a arms break, and guess what no replacement a arms have been available since launch and they won't be available for another couple of weeks.

Just saying that even though it is 90% Typhon, luck would say that the one part that everyone breaks easily is going to be the part that Arrma doesn't have available.
They did fix some of the Nero problems. It’s was called the Big Rock. $200 in upgrades for same price.

I did get one positive response on the tires. One of the early testers in reporting 7 runs on the tires. Not sure yet if that enuff. But it’s a bit of good news.
Micah78, Dave_S and slick2500 like this.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Us Nero owner got screwed by Arrma with the release of the Big Rock. The lawsuit was more of a big deal to us then to the company. Hobbico barely listed the expense of it.
I don’t know why I said Big Rock lol! I meant Nero. My truck is the Nero and I have spent some money on upgrading the driveshafts out of necessity. Now it sits with a broken rear diff.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:31 AM
Tech Prophet

I don’t know why I said Big Rock lol! I meant Nero. My truck is the Nero and I have spent some money on upgrading the driveshafts out of necessity. Now it sits with a broken rear diff.
I thought that’s what you had. Couldn’t remember.

You can still find parts. Rear diff

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F372473399067

Micah78 likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Any news?
Old 07-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Any news?
Didn’t get a phone call. So didn’t arrive today. I checked with store last week. They hadn’t been told of any delay, also no specific date. But were unsure how many they were getting. I wasn’t only to pre-order. I’m still on fence about it. It’s not that don’t want it. It’s the will I actually use it enuff. It’s the tire thing that still has me questioning the purchase. The store took their Limitless to a drag racing demo. And wiped out the tires in a hurry. They used a set of foams that did work. But had almost too much traction.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well at least with this model any 1/8 scale GT tires will work, so finding longer lasting replacements (like GRPs) available in various tire compounds will be easy.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:39 AM
Tech Prophet

It’s been awhile. But they looked larger the standard 1/8 tires to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.