Spacers For Gearing

Reply

Old 01-15-2018, 12:05 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default Spacers For Gearing

Hi
I'm changing my spur gear & pinion.
To 24-pinion
57-spur

Does anyone know, 100% what spacers I need to buy? Please let me know thanks =)
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:19 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,211
Default

Originally Posted by WavyEnzo View Post
Hi
I'm changing my spur gear & pinion.
To 24-pinion
57-spur

Does anyone know, 100% what spacers I need to buy? Please let me know thanks =)
Losi 5ive?
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:01 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Losi 5ive?
No it's a RCMK XCR
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:34 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,211
Default

I used this website to figure out what size spacers I needed for my 5ive when I changed spur gear. I don't know anything about rcmk though.


R/C Calculations
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:21 AM
  #5  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I used this website to figure out what size spacers I needed for my 5ive when I changed spur gear. I don't know anything about rcmk though.


R/C Calculations
Thanks for the info chart. But I don't understand what it means by "select Pitch"
Do u know what that means.
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:53 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,211
Default

Originally Posted by WavyEnzo View Post
Thanks for the info chart. But I don't understand what it means by "select Pitch"
Do u know what that means.
The pitch of the gears. My 1/5's all use mod 1.5 for spur gear and pinion. I suspect yours are the same also. Mod 1 is normally 1/8, mod 0.8 1/10, ect...
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:49 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,211
Default

Also to let you know, if you use gear diameter calculator you can easily figure out what pitch you have.

A mod 1.5 57t gear is almost 3.5" diameter, a mod 1 57t gear is much smaller, has a diameter of 2.32".
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:51 AM
  #8  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default


Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Also to let you know, if you use gear diameter calculator you can easily figure out what pitch you have.

A mod 1.5 57t gear is almost 3.5" diameter, a mod 1 57t gear is much smaller, has a diameter of 2.32".

Thanks so much for your help.. iv just done the calculations. <br/>So do u know by the image, on what size spacers i need.?
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:06 AM
  #9  
Tech Master
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,211
Default

What size spacers and what spur and pinion come stock?
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:51 AM
  #10  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
What size spacers and what spur and pinion come stock?
61 spur 21 pinion
What came as stock.
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:23 PM
  #11  
Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
roadrashracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 13,015
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Contact ddm, they should be able to help.
roadrashracing is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service