Search
Like Tree10Likes

Werks Racing GT Engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pedro Jesus
Only 1 gear in GT
GT class rules are two speed transmissions.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Replacement Conrods

Thommi

When do you recommend you replace conrods on this engine?

Also where can these be purchased?

I'm currently building an Xray and am currently ordering the WERKS engine

Let me know

Ta

Jeremy
Old 09-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JSimons
Thommi

When do you recommend you replace conrods on this engine?

Also where can these be purchased?

I'm currently building an Xray and am currently ordering the WERKS engine

Let me know

Ta

Jeremy
Jeremy, I have been running engines up to 5 gallons with the same rod, one engine even more, but recommend that you monitor it around 3 gallons. A lot depends on what temperature and fuel you are running the engine. Conrod should be available through the online stores, if you can't get them, please get in contact with me and we will organize something.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Thommi

I have ordered a rod, I will be running 25% with 12%oil.

I will keep an eye on the rod as suggested.

Really excited to see how the engine performs, this will be the 1st WERKS GT engine in New Zealand, I will run in over the next few months with a race meet early next year.

Thanks

Jeremy
Old 09-19-2017, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Thommi

I have ordered a rod, I will be running 25% with 12%oil.

I will keep an eye on the rod as suggested.

Really excited to see how the engine performs, this will be the 1st WERKS GT engine in New Zealand, I will run in over the next few months with a race meet early next year.

Thanks

Jeremy
part number for the GT rod is WRXTL21070012

In NZ you should be able to get your hands on WERKS fuel, please have a look at it. 12% is OK for breaking it in, but not for racing...
Old 09-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Thommi

What oil content do you run in your racing fuel, I assume this is what you are saying.

I will talk to the distributor here for fuel, generally there are only off road WERKS engines being run, would the fuel used for off road racing be the same for GT on road class
Ta

Jeremy
Old 09-21-2017, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Thommi

What oil content do you run in your racing fuel, I assume this is what you are saying.

I will talk to the distributor here for fuel, generally there are only off road WERKS engines being run, would the fuel used for off road racing be the same for GT on road class
Ta

Jeremy
If you can get your hands on WERKS Fuel, use it. The engines for the GT class are basically modified Offroad engines, so fuel is all the same. As importation of fuel is complicated in Brazil, I am not able to use WERKS Fuel here, so I am now running either the Flashpoint 25% fuel, or Byron 25/9 Fuel. Before I forget it, for the GT engine, please use OS RP7 or RP8 plugs.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

WERKS GT class engine places 1st and 2nd at the Brazilian Nationals, and with 2 wins out of 3 races, Carlos Fernando is crowned Brazilian National Champion!!! WERKS has once more shown that this is THE engine in the GT class, and besides being fast like hell, the engine is as well durable. One finalists WERKS GT engine has about 8 gallons through it, without even changing the rod!!!

https://www.facebook.com/werksracing...81564888585337
Old 10-29-2017, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default WERKS GT - awesome engine!!

Hi all

Just thought I would give an update on the running in of my engine. Over the past 3 weeks I have run approx.10 tanks through it and all I can say is "wow" very impressive. Motor is becoming very responsive, idle and tune is stable. From checking out the internals no issues or excessive wear

I have had multiple engine brands in the past, inclusive of Murnan Modified and the WERKS engine is right up there in quality and performance.

Value for money - "Oh Yeah!" highly recommended

I will continue to run more tanks through it ready for our Nationals early next year.

Jeremy
Old 10-30-2017, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all

Just thought I would give an update on the running in of my engine. Over the past 3 weeks I have run approx.10 tanks through it and all I can say is "wow" very impressive. Motor is becoming very responsive, idle and tune is stable. From checking out the internals no issues or excessive wear

I have had multiple engine brands in the past, inclusive of Murnan Modified and the WERKS engine is right up there in quality and performance.

Value for money - "Oh Yeah!" highly recommended

I will continue to run more tanks through it ready for our Nationals early next year.

Jeremy
I told you so... The WERKS GT engine gives you an impressive amount of power for the bucks. I personally believe that we have the most powerful engine in the market today. And the most durable as well. At our Nationals, one finalist was using the same engine he used beginning of the year, with roughly 7 to 8 gallons on it, which is real impressive.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Do they still make this engine??? Don't see it on their website.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by petersen114
Do they still make this engine??? Don't see it on their website.
Yes, this engine for sure is still in production, have to check with Ron why it's not (yet) on the website, but you can order the engine from the big online companies like AMAIN for example.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thommi
Yes, this engine for sure is still in production, have to check with Ron why it's not (yet) on the website, but you can order the engine from the big online companies like AMAIN for example.
It's simply because I'm falling behind on the to do list! Getting the GT engine up on the web site and making some other site changes is on the list and should be done in a week or two! As Thommi mentioned though rest assured, the GT engine is still in production and available through A-main etc
petersen114 likes this.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Eyeballing your buggy engines as well. Any plans for a .25 for truggy???
Originally Posted by Werks
It's simply because I'm falling behind on the to do list! Getting the GT engine up on the web site and making some other site changes is on the list and should be done in a week or two! As Thommi mentioned though rest assured, the GT engine is still in production and available through A-main etc
Old 12-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
Eyeballing your buggy engines as well. Any plans for a .25 for truggy???
Honestly no. Back in the days (as in early 2000's) truggies were heavy as heck and gearing was not really that great they needed more power and we used to make .28's. We were also the first to release purpose built .30's and .32's car engines (Collari .30 & .32) so we've actually made engines that were even larger but that was more focused on monster truck use. In any case todays truggies are completely different animals and a quality .21 truggy oriented engine like our B5 or B5 Pro II is going to have more than enough power for a truggy. Running anything larger is simply going to result in excessive wheel spin and you are goind to get killed on fuel consumption, which is why no one uses .28's anymore for racing truggies and have all switched to .21's.
petersen114 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.