Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Novarossi VIR-TUS Tuned vs Novarossi Mito .21 9-Port >

Novarossi VIR-TUS Tuned vs Novarossi Mito .21 9-Port

Novarossi VIR-TUS Tuned vs Novarossi Mito .21 9-Port

Old 02-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Novarossi VIR-TUS Tuned vs Novarossi Mito .21 9-Port

Dont know anything about these motors but I have found very good deals on both. With that being said which one would you guys pick ? Both are 9 port tuned they maybe even to fast for my driving skills but I do want a good motor in my stock.

Thanks for any replies.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

No one bought one of these motors ? come on now
Old 02-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hy.

I have done the Dutch nationals with the Mito 9C , thats the Mito with the centred carb. It does have other internals. Not slower than the Virtus or the Mito long stroke what i experienced on track. Maybe better end speed but could be better setup on the car though.
Absultely love this engine. Its fast, holds its tune, does not heat up in 30 min finals. far better than my tuned Picco EWC i had. Oh also very stable idle during fuel stops. Not exactly what you asked but hope it helps a little.
Does have regular size bearings wich one can buy cheap. So its if one has the extra room to accommodate for the offset carb, If not its the Virtus your best bet.

Last edited by djiewie; 02-28-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
Hy.

I have done the Dutch nationals with the Mito 9C , thats the Mito with the centred carb. It does have other internals. Not slower than the Virtus or the Mito long stroke what i experienced on track. Maybe better end speed but could be better setup on the car though.
Absultely love this engine. Its fast, holds its tune, does not heat up in 30 min finals. far better than my tuned Picco EWC i had. Oh also very stable idle during fuel stops. Not exactly what you asked but hope it helps a little.
Does have regular size bearings wich one can buy cheap. So its if one has the extra room to accommodate for the offset carb, If not its the Virtus your best bet.
Thanks dj for the reply I like what you stated about the Mito holds a tune and wont heat up. I also have a Picco which its started to not hold a tune and its driving me crazy !!! But your info was great again thanks.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe your Picco just needs an new front bearing. Depends on age. and runtime. One can try a offroad sealed front bearing with the Buku front bearing seal and the engine will hold a tune and idle great again.
won`t cost much and you`ll have a decent training engine again.

greetz Djiewie
Old 03-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
Maybe your Picco just needs an new front bearing. Depends on age. and runtime. One can try a offroad sealed front bearing with the Buku front bearing seal and the engine will hold a tune and idle great again.
won`t cost much and you`ll have a decent training engine again.

greetz Djiewie
Thanks for the info I may try that.