Wiki Posts
Search

preffered .12s's

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Jye
Tech Regular

Default preffered .12s's

I wanted to get an idea of some preffered .12 engine's.Even if you dont have a single preffered engine, which company do you find usually has the best and somewhat reliable engines.im still new so im just trying to find alot of stuff out. Thanks for any input on engines at all.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

For reliability I would say OS or Novarossi are the better choice. If you want a bit more power and willing to spend loads of money to keep them running then Sirio or picco based engines are the thing.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

Palmaris can you give a a ditributor site where i can check out some more engine's and compare prices? I have towerhobbies and teamtrinity but i wanted to know if there were more.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not sure about the different dealers in the US. I have really only dealt with Superior Hobbies, Grave's Hobby Store and Bill's hobbies in Florida. Hopefully, one of the other regulars on the forum will be able to provide links to the main ones.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jye
I wanted to get an idea of some preffered .12 engine's.Even if you dont have a single preffered engine, which company do you find usually has the best and somewhat reliable engines.im still new so im just trying to find alot of stuff out. Thanks for any input on engines at all.
I bet tons of ppl will say NOVA ROSSI.........it is not cheap, and not easy to get, but it is FAST, it is realiable (if you know what you are doing..)

On the same page, try MEGA 12 (used by Serpent)....good price, and Fast engine...

Then, of course, OS engine, their newest 12 TZ........TQ at the Rd Logic race...must be good.

Try this place...

Of course, there are tons more (Sirio, RB, JP, Nova Max......) but how much money do you have to test them all...?

www.gasrccar.com
Old 05-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

I would have enough to get one engine. Novarossi is so expensive and im still pretty new at all this. Ive had my rs4 3 for about 2 well coming up on 3 months. So i hear good things about the new o.s engine and the local dealer carries o.s so im leaning towards it.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Jye,

OS is a great choice for beginners. I also think its useless for you to go with a more expensive engine. I see you run the RS4 3. No offense intended but that car isn't going to win any major races. I assume you are looking for a good reliable engine, and there is no need for a high level competition motor.

The OS is more than enough for you. And they are FAMOUS for easy to tune engines.

Good luck and have fun man...

John

P.S. Rookie Solara. I can guarentee you that the OS engine that TQ'd isnt stock.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

Rs4 3 was my choice for just a starter kit. I agree by no means is it a competition car.Actually with the new engine i buy i plan on getting a mtx-3. Im going to try to get a summer job at my lhs, every nitro guy in new orleans shops there so i plan to learn alot more. Thanks for the info on the easy tuning os though.