R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default the sirio battle!

hi im in the market for a new engine, and i was just wondering out of the three, which would be the fastest, most all out power providing motor of these three:
M. collari modified sirio EVO2
sirio S12 WCR EVO2 w/pipe and manifold
werks racing LC12PRO3

anyone who has had experience with these motors i would appreciate your feedback. thanks!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

anyone...?
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: the sirio battle!

Quote:
Originally posted by Team-RTR
hi im in the market for a new engine, and i was just wondering out of the three, which would be the fastest, most all out power providing motor of these three:
M. collari modified sirio EVO2
sirio S12 WCR EVO2 w/pipe and manifold
werks racing LC12PRO3

anyone who has had experience with these motors i would appreciate your feedback. thanks!
I have the Lamberto Collari LC12 PRO3E MC, modified by his father Mauro Collari, and I can assure you it's wicked fast.

It has to be faster than the Collari's that Werks is importing, because those are the Standard Collari's, which at 1.6hp must be fast to, but according to them the MC version is about 10% more powerfull, and they will have them in the future.

I haven't seen a Sirio S12 WCR yet, so I can't give an opinion, The only reference is that it is the current World Champion...so get your own conclusion

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

where abouts can i get the mauro modified version of the LC12? and also how much more is it then the standard LC12? i live in australia and no-one sell them here so i would have to buy it overseas. a link would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
where abouts can i get the mauro modified version of the LC12? and also how much more is it then the standard LC12? i live in australia and no-one sell them here so i would have to buy it overseas. a link would be appreciated. thanks!
Very difficult to get......I bought mine in Spain, because the dealer ther is a very good friend, and sold me one of their Team engines........you might try to call him (doesn't have web site)
Micromodel (Carlos Ducay) +34-91-446-3820

The engine cost me 341.00 Euros, and the Standard was at 259.00 Euros (it's cheaper at Werks...if they have one)

You might also try here, at the German distributor http://www.serpent.at/action/collari/collari.html

But you have to be aware that in Europe everything is expensive because of the Euro.

AFM
Old 02-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

341 euros?! thats over 700 austrlian dollars! way too much for my liking hehehe. thankyou anyway. have you witnessed a mauro modified sirio S12 EVO2 run? thanks
Old 02-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #7
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
341 euros?! thats over 700 austrlian dollars! way too much for my liking hehehe. thankyou anyway. have you witnessed a mauro modified sirio S12 EVO2 run? thanks
There is no Mauro Collari modified Sirio Evo2...Collari's are Sirio based engines, like RB's Novamax's etc. are Novarossi based engines.

Why don't you get yourself the WCR Sirio, which is at a very reasonable price in Hong Kong e-shops...it has to be better than the regular Evo2...which is pretty fast too.. I have 2 Ifmar spec Evo2 and are very fast, but not as fast as my Collari.

AFM
Old 02-10-2005, 04:03 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

i have seen a WCR go, it was fast but not ballistic, but that engine was new and had just been run in. the track i am going to run the engine on is a high speed track so a good topend motor is needed. from what i heard modded sirio based motors produce awesome topend power. i can get both the LC12 standard and sirio WCR for roughly the same price so im undecided on which to get, if anything the sirio WCR includes a new pipe so thats a bonus.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Modded Collari details

AFM
Do you have any picks of the modded Collari.
or can you tell us the mods done to this engine.
Cheers
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:56 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Most mod work for added speed will come from the crank... Sleeve porting will help some ie. raising the exhaust port a tad bit to increase the exhaust exit flow. You must also match the block's exhaust port height to the sleeve... I've mod my EVO II and the motor now is a monster... If you've never mod'd a motor, don't try it unless you have a test motor you can play with... As far as the Crank, this is where the most speed boost comes from... There are a few things you can do to your Sirio to make it into a Super motor... Advancing the timing on the crank, smoothing rough or sharp edges around the exit of the center port, Mod's to the induction port is key as well and must be done with great care... Murnan does some great work on Sirio's and at a very fair price... You can spend $300.00 plus dollars for a Sirio WC12 or Collari... or you can buy a EVO II at almost have the price mod it you're self. Remember, Murnan does great work on Sirio's if you want your motor done by a pro... http://murnanmodified.360k.com/index.html Also, it'll take almost a half gallon of fuel to completely break in a Sirio, so the power will get better as motor becomes completly broken in. I want to see a modded Collari as well... Not just the sleeve but the crank as well... From ever angle possible...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #11
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Modded Collari details

Quote:
Originally posted by kickass
AFM
Do you have any picks of the modded Collari.
or can you tell us the mods done to this engine.
Cheers
Main difference is that Collari is working exclusively with AAC p/s sets. The mods are not simply seen by eye inspection, so when you open them, they just look like a regular Evo 2 or WCR Sirio. The changes are in crank timing and polishing, and different port angles and timing, better quality bearings, plus his initials MC engraved on crank face. The other major improvement is the LC gravity cooling head, also that he has access to selected parts from Star Motors (Sirio and Collari manufacturer), which in all makes a blueprinted mod engine of great performance.

AFM
Old 02-26-2005, 07:33 AM   #12
Tech Initiate

Default Collari

I bought mine from www.nitro.com.cy

very cheap, proffesional people and speedy delivery.
sts2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 AM   #13
MrD
Tech Initiate

Any way you put it you can't go wrong with Sirio or Collari engines. Very fine engines indeed. Does anybody own the M. Collari tuned engine?? Hey sts200 where are you from??
MrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:30 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team-RTR
i have seen a WCR go, it was fast but not ballistic, but that engine was new and had just been run in. the track i am going to run the engine on is a high speed track so a good topend motor is needed. from what i heard modded sirio based motors produce awesome topend power. i can get both the LC12 standard and sirio WCR for roughly the same price so im undecided on which to get, if anything the sirio WCR includes a new pipe so thats a bonus.
If you live in Sydney or Australia beware. Firstly the EVO2 is renowned for breaking cranks, not a good thing. Ask anybody at the 2005 NSW State Championships how many let go, its quite legendary. The EVO 3 is ok, not fast but not slow, and supposedly has less crank breakage issues, but the crank is also reportedly softer and needs replacing. However the new Novarossi motors are just plain faster for similar bux.

However the main reason to stay away from Siro in Australia is "Hobby Discounter". They have many cases of broken EVO 2 cranks that they have not stepped up and fixed, and many people like myself sent them cranks 7 months ago for warranty and they still have not fixed this problem. If you dont want to believe me ask two other guys on this forum whos names I can supply you. I can also supply you all the email trails if you like, my favourite is the one where the Oz distributor tells me to stop "bugging" him cause he has a business to run. I have emailed Italy and they "say" they will replace my motors but refer me to the Oz guy who basically is doing nothing for me or the others. Italy sure is not forcing this guy into action. So if you want to buy a motor which may have a maufacturing defect that you almost certainly wont get fixed in Australia get a Sirio. If not get any other top end brand.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote