R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-03-2005, 02:02 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Motor For Serpent 710

I am looking for a new .12 motor for my Serpent 710 but can't make a choice....! JP, Sirio, Collari, Mega......

I am looking for the best out of the box power I can get. I know its subjective but some help appreciated.....

Thanks
Scott
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:13 AM   #2
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Motor For Serpent 710

What's your budget?

The new MEGA engines sound like a good deal especially seeing that you can buy it with a bundled inline pipe and following some of the earlier reports from the WC in Brazil, it's comparable to the faster engines out there.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:18 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Motor For Serpent 710

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
What's your budget?

The new MEGA engines sound like a good deal especially seeing that you can buy it with a bundled inline pipe and following some of the earlier reports from the WC in Brazil, it's comparable to the faster engines out there.
Hi no budget ... just want the best there is for my 710 .... I would prefer a motor other than the Mega for now ... maybe after they have been out for a while I might consider that route ...!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:39 AM   #4
Tech Prophet

The JP engines are tried and tested. So are the NovaMax engines...

Or you could be different and go the Sirio route...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:47 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
The JP engines are tried and tested. So are the NovaMax engines...

Or you could be different and go the Sirio route...
I have seen a lot of people talking about engine mods etc ... Is it worth the extra to buy an engine from one of these guys and who if any is worth going to for a JP?
Old 02-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I do not know the exact NAMES that you are referring to, but again, you are buying the most expensive and most important part of your RC car (engine) I will definitely go for the NAMES for the performance and the liability (just like you will buy Mercedes Benz over Toyota....) especially you have the sky high budget...

JP, Nova MAX, Collari, Sirio..........etc, those are the few popular names with mod engine line up........but if I have to pick, defintiely JP or MAX. I rather see anyone complaint about those engine are slow or weak, they only complaint about their price are too high, lol....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

My Hotmod outperformed my JP mugen. For those that aren't aware, hotmod is the new name for Paris modified. Jim Hottinger was doing all the modifications for Paris racing for the last years of Ron's life. Try giving Fusion Motorsports a call. I owned all at one time so I could compare back to back to back....etc.

RB V12 Rody tuned 3 port
Novarossi NS12S3a1
Novarossi NSR12 Hotmod
Mugen X12
Mugen X12 Jp modified.

The Hotmod was the best. As good or better bottom end, and top end as any other engine. Idled easily and was not at all finicky on the tune. We run 5 min quals and it never ran out of gas on me. It put me into the A-main at the most recent Paris memorial race as well as getting me two 0 point qual rounds.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the info guys ... wow there are some cool bits of machinery out there ...... I really like this motor though and think I will go this route unless anyone thinks it is definitely not the way to go? It seems like a good name, good price and should fit in the 710 without having to by different bracket as I think it is Picco based?

http://werksracing.com/product.do?sku=WRXLC12PRO3
Old 02-04-2005, 01:04 AM   #9
Tech Master

That motor is sirio based
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote