R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default What Are The Top Five Fuels

For years I used Blue Thunder fuel exclusively with good results. Unfortunately, the local hobby stores no longer stock Blue Thunder. So, being that this forum is full of professional racers and tuners, I would like to hear your thoughts on what are the top five RC Car fuels on the market today. I have been using Byron's Gen 2 lately. What are your thoughts on that fuel? Your participation and knowledge will be appreciated.
Z'Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
HHH
Tech Regular

Byron is value for money. Tornado is great fuel. Runner Time is the best. Keep in mind, Jonker (Tornado) and Runner Time make fuel for other brands. Question is do you want to pay $40, $50 or $80-100 per gallon for quality (Byron, Tornado, RT respectively).

I am trying to make things simple. If want really simple--support your local hobby shop and buy what they stock/recommend.
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH View Post
I am trying to make things simple. If want really simple--support your local hobby shop and buy what they stock/recommend.
I think that's best recommendation you can give [support your local hobby shop]. My two choices are Blue Thunder and Sidewinder they are 20%. Would you recommend Byron 16% over them? I can place a special order.

Last edited by Bubblehead; 04-08-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH View Post
Byron is value for money. Tornado is great fuel. Runner Time is the best. Keep in mind, Jonker (Tornado) and Runner Time make fuel for other brands. Question is do you want to pay $40, $50 or $80-100 per gallon for quality (Byron, Tornado, RT respectively).

My local hobby shop offers Byron's and Traxxas. I think I will stick with the byron. Thanks for responding.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You have to try Prime racing fuels created by Eric Vaustin owner of Nor cal Hobbies and driver for Kyosho!!
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Do you think is it good idea to add (two spoon of) premium automotive synthetic automatic transmission oil to our nitro fuel ?

I check odonnell speed blend has 7.5pct of oil concentration inside.

Am I doing more harm than good ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
You have to try Prime racing fuels created by Eric Vaustin owner of Nor cal Hobbies and driver for Kyosho!!
I haven't heard of Prime Racing Fuels. I will google it in a few. Unfortunately, I doubt that it will be available through the local shops. The Bryons (GEN 2) is working well so far. Thanks for the advice.