R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Help with Engine choice

I currently have an Ofna DM-1 and need a new engine. I was thinking of either

RB Concept Rally 11 .21 7 Port Competition Rally Game Engine

RB Concept Circuit 11 .21 9 Port

Novarossi 35 Plus 21 9 Port .21

OS 21

OS 28

I have also noticed alot of people are putting hot 28s in their rally/touring cars would i be better off with say an RB 928 or RT10

I have been researching this for a couple of weeks now and the more i look into it the more confused i get about which engine to get. I do not race and so am not concerned about fuel economy and budget is not a problem. I am also open to other engines that people think are a good choice. I am after speed, power and performance.
ANGRYEVO8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYEVO8 View Post
I currently have an Ofna DM-1 and need a new engine. I was thinking of either

RB Concept Rally 11 .21 7 Port Competition Rally Game Engine

RB Concept Circuit 11 .21 9 Port

Novarossi 35 Plus 21 9 Port .21

OS 21

OS 28

I have also noticed alot of people are putting hot 28s in their rally/touring cars would i be better off with say an RB 928 or RT10

I have been researching this for a couple of weeks now and the more i look into it the more confused i get about which engine to get. I do not race and so am not concerned about fuel economy and budget is not a problem. I am also open to other engines that people think are a good choice. I am after speed, power and performance.
I prefer a good strong .21 on road engine. A good on road .21 will give you enough bottom for the GT car. The .28 has excessive bottom, with less top end than a .21.

I can recommend the following engines for GT class.

Murnan M21
Novarossi Kangaroo
Novarossi 35+21
Picco Torque


The M21 combined with the Novarossi 9886 exhaust is great in a GT car for basing, and racing.

My modified Kangaroo, 35+21, and Torque are also awesome choices for GT if your after more power than the stock versions.


The new Novarossi .25 should be an interesting addition to this list when it becomes available.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

How do the novarossi engines compare to the RB engines. I have owned RB engines in the past ( only off road ) and would like to know what the comparison is.
ANGRYEVO8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

This is your personal liking matter. Some people prefer novarossi brand. Some people prefer RB brand. They are more less same italian engines.

Your question is similar like people asking Ford vs GM cars.

What you want is modified engine ( very fast ), so you buy Murnan Modifieds. Grinder is the craftmaster for Murnan Modifieds.

Hope this helps.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
This is your personal liking matter. Some people prefer novarossi brand. Some people prefer RB brand. They are more less same italian engines.

Your question is similar like people asking Ford vs GM cars.

What you want is modified engine ( very fast ), so you buy Murnan Modifieds. Grinder is the craftmaster for Murnan Modifieds.

Hope this helps.
Yes this does help a great deal. Most of my experience in the hobby has been with brushless. i did not know that RB and Novarossi are basically the same engine. I will look into ordering a modified engine when i fly home from work.
ANGRYEVO8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I prefer a good strong .21 on road engine. A good on road .21 will give you enough bottom for the GT car. The .28 has excessive bottom, with less top end than a .21.

I can recommend the following engines for GT class.

Murnan M21
Novarossi Kangaroo
Novarossi 35+21
Picco Torque


The M21 combined with the Novarossi 9886 exhaust is great in a GT car for basing, and racing.

My modified Kangaroo, 35+21, and Torque are also awesome choices for GT if your after more power than the stock versions.


The new Novarossi .25 should be an interesting addition to this list when it becomes available.
Ok so from this list from Murnan engines what do you think best meets my needs. Remember i dont race so i dont have any fuel consumption, noise restraints, i would like an engine with plenty of torque and that will rev high for a high top speed and that is snappy off the line. Gee i dont want much do i

I guess what i am asking is what are the top three kick ass engines that murman do that will make my GT car fly.
ANGRYEVO8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYEVO8 View Post
Ok so from this list from Murnan engines what do you think best meets my needs. Remember i dont race so i dont have any fuel consumption, noise restraints, i would like an engine with plenty of torque and that will rev high for a high top speed and that is snappy off the line. Gee i dont want much do i

I guess what i am asking is what are the top three kick ass engines that murnan do that will make my GT car fly.
M21
MM Kangaroo
MM Picco Torque
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New here, can anyone help with motor choice?? RC8 nitrorocket Electric Off-Road 8 12-20-2009 09:03 PM
Insane CRT.5 engine choice. BIGTACO Nitro Off-Road 19 08-31-2007 09:01 AM
help with engine choice .15 or .18 doughboi916 Nitro On-Road 7 09-24-2006 01:52 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net