R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default ORCAN

any story on the orcan brand motors just curious i know their from SMI they look novarossi based
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Yes, the are Nova based. The GT7 is basically the same as the Kangaroo.

It becomes interesting if you get the MH (Michael Heinrich) version.

Michael really knows how to get those engines haulin' and still have excellent fuel economy.

The same goes for the .12's
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

who can get them in the states
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I can ship them without vat, if I'm not mistaking they are not yet imported to the us.

Until recently the engines were only sold by German and Austrian shops.
Because of the performance and demand for the engines Orcan just started to expand outside these countries.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
any story on the orcan brand motors just curious i know their from SMI they look novarossi based
Orcan somehow get the good position in some European races.
But not much people distribute this engine, as well as, I can't buy GT7 when I was in Berlin because the on-road class is not popular there. T___T
__________________
GP: Capricorn C03 1/10 touring, Capricorn C803 1/8 onroad
Engine: Tesla .12 WC, Tesla .21 7 port on-road, Rody VS02, OS 2101
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
I can ship them without vat, if I'm not mistaking they are not yet imported to the us.

Until recently the engines were only sold by German and Austrian shops.
Because of the performance and demand for the engines Orcan just started to expand outside these countries.
Yes, Hard to find this engine.
__________________
GP: Capricorn C03 1/10 touring, Capricorn C803 1/8 onroad
Engine: Tesla .12 WC, Tesla .21 7 port on-road, Rody VS02, OS 2101
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

now just running it in
Attached Thumbnails
ORCAN-469738_482835118397573_739213057_o.jpg  
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

after racing the airtronics race the motor seems to be working well good power band i had other issues electronics wich gave me problems but will give full report after xray challenge next month
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #9
HHH
Tech Regular
 
HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 423
Default New GT3C

Excited!!
Attached Thumbnails
ORCAN-img_0939.jpg   ORCAN-img_0942.jpg   ORCAN-img_0943.jpg  
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #10
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

this is the cream of the crop really good MICHAEL H is good
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH View Post
Excited!!
what excited,performance?
how is the power band like?
what is the crankshaft diameter,looks like N12T1 based.

Last edited by kyosho malaysia; 03-19-2013 at 08:01 AM.
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #12
HHH
Tech Regular
 
HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia View Post
what excited,performance?
how is the power band like?
what is the crankshaft diameter,looks like N12T1 based.
Hey Fluke,

I am exited for many reasons.

Excited because the work and finish on the engine is nice to look at and appreciate. Excited because I ran the "S" version at the WC and it worked great, better than 5 other engines I tried on that track. Excited because the S version does not have a lot of top end but the "C" version in the picture above is supposed to have more mid and high end power and torque. Excited because the C won the Euros and the S was a finalist at the WC. Excited because unlike other engines--I am pretty certain my C and S are the same ones that the pros used in those big races. Excited because at the last race at the small UTM track I was able to run 7.5 mins in qualifying without refueling. Excited because the bearings and conrods are the older versions and are cheaper to replace. excited because the crank is 11.5mm in diameter which is said to get better fuel mileage than the newer 11.9 diameter crank. Excited because both the company owner and modifier are open to and available for questions and support via email or in person if they are at your track. Excited because I love engines and count on great engines to compensate for my very average driving.

There are probably a few other reasons I can't think of right now.

As to your Qs, the S version's power is very strong out of corners into the mid medium range. The C is supposed to have more mid and high range power. I will let you know about the C once I have it race ready and tested.

The engine base is the Nova LL3, but with a longer stroke. Most of the base part numbers are similar except for the button head, the carb, cosmetic items and of course, the mods and tuning.

If you want to try one of these engines next time you come to Singapore let me know. I will let you use one but I will do the tuning.

Sam
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH View Post
Hey Fluke,

I am exited for many reasons.

Excited because the work and finish on the engine is nice to look at and appreciate. Excited because I ran the "S" version at the WC and it worked great, better than 5 other engines I tried on that track. Excited because the S version does not have a lot of top end but the "C" version in the picture above is supposed to have more mid and high end power and torque. Excited because the C won the Euros and the S was a finalist at the WC. Excited because unlike other engines--I am pretty certain my C and S are the same ones that the pros used in those big races. Excited because at the last race at the small UTM track I was able to run 7.5 mins in qualifying without refueling. Excited because the bearings and conrods are the older versions and are cheaper to replace. excited because the crank is 11.5mm in diameter which is said to get better fuel mileage than the newer 11.9 diameter crank. Excited because both the company owner and modifier are open to and available for questions and support via email or in person if they are at your track. Excited because I love engines and count on great engines to compensate for my very average driving.

There are probably a few other reasons I can't think of right now.

As to your Qs, the S version's power is very strong out of corners into the mid medium range. The C is supposed to have more mid and high range power. I will let you know about the C once I have it race ready and tested.

The engine base is the Nova LL3, but with a longer stroke. Most of the base part numbers are similar except for the button head, the carb, cosmetic items and of course, the mods and tuning.

If you want to try one of these engines next time you come to Singapore let me know. I will let you use one but I will do the tuning.

Sam
correct in the comments on the s great torque and mid i just sent mine back for michael to look at i really am pleased with the performance on this engine i finally found a motor comparable to the jp but with better fuel mileage cheers
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #14
HHH
Tech Regular
 
HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 423
Default

Here are some pics from a while back comparing the GT3-S to the JP 3PL and the nova LL3
Attached Thumbnails
ORCAN-image.jpg  
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #15
HHH
Tech Regular
 
HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 423
Default

Another
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JQ Products - THE Car Beddo Nitro Off-Road 12022 09-24-2015 04:55 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net