Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEGA (by Picco) thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 03:59 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

It is more easy to break in your engine with the fuel you will use later, so you don't have to buy seperate "break-in" fuel. Using the same brand I also don't really look at, last 2 years, I switched from Tornado, to Runnertime and then to Roga fuel, I had 3 engines, running on al 3 brands, I only had to change engine settings, but that's it......
Maybe it is better to stick with 1 brand, but I don't really care.....

About WOT, yes it is possible to have full throttle and low RPM.
The things is that you need to set the engine so rich, that it almost chokes in its fuel, that's why the RPM is very low....

Believe me, it will work.
First open the main needle 1 full turn from default (flush with housing) and then start the engine.
Give it time to warm up properly, and then open the throttle 100%. Don't "baby" the engine, by opening it slowly, otherwise the RPM will be high, because of the needle still partly "blocking" the fuel flow.
Immediately start opening the main needle until you hear the RPM drop, to a level where the wheels don't turn anymore, but the engine does run steady......

Last edited by M7H; 11-08-2006 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Initiate

.its crystal clear now
It must be a pro method, cause i never heard of this before.
I dont promise that i do it this way, but anyway, u rock bro.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:25 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Your welcome.....
Old 11-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
I use the 2033 Pipe, with the header which came with the 2018 combination, when I bought my Mega "DS I" (R.I.P)
2018 combination:
http://www.mytsn.com/products/imggal.asp?prid=3831
Header:
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3021
But also with the "normal" 203042 I can't recall having fuel problems......
Yes, I run the 9mm venturi......

Maybe the track I run on is smaller then yours, it's the MACH track in Holland, but this is not a small track at all.....
Maybe my driving style is more "smooth" than yours, because I have a smooth "throttle" style....

In Holland there are not many running the DSII engine, because of the problems with the DSI, and the fact that a lot stick to the idea that when something is not expensive, it can't be powerfull.....but maybe this will change next Year....
I had several questions asked to me what I think of the reliability of the DSII so far, I think it is ok, my engine is 5.5 liters old now, still has pinch, and the rod is still in good shape, I will change it for next year, but it still looks great.....
The speed is there, proven by me several times , when outrunning a lot more expensive engines, but again, this just might be because my driving style, and the simple fact that a lot of drivers have to much power in there cars which actually slows them down.....

I will stick to the DSII engine, but this is also because I won a second engine by finishing 2nd in the Dutch "Serpent series".......
http://www.mytsn.com/news/publ.asp?pid=12133

I changed my driving style to make time. I'm happy with it's performance and have not changed the plug in two races. For the next race I might have to get the E-2052 pipe. Have you tried this pipe with your DSII?
Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kendall
I changed my driving style to make time. I'm happy with it's performance and have not changed the plug in two races. For the next race I might have to get the E-2052 pipe. Have you tried this pipe with your DSII?
No, but I've heard from the factory drivers, that it gives more mid and top end power......
Maybe I want to try it for the next season, but as the EFRA announced rules to be changed starting in 2008, all manufacturers need to come with new pipes. 2007 they can use to test and develope exhausts according to the new rules. So the E-2052 will not be allowed in 2008 anymore if you race under EFRA regulations.....
On the other hand, maybe these pipes will be available at "dump prices"......
Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MEGA 12 DSII

Are there someone out there, who know where to get the Mega 12 DSII. I can't see it on any web any where, except on the myTSN.
Is it only a engine for team drivers?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 12:20 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

http://www.the-border.nl/product.php...cat=237&page=1
Old 11-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey guys, does anyone have any comments on the .21 DSII. I'm purchasing one this week and I'm interested in opinions, good and bad.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default ZX21 DS2 new carb jam

Hi guys, i just bought a ZX21 DS2 power pack and while checking on the carb... the low end neddle is sliding along the hole(not smooth) while i push it in and out... this is brand new not even assemble yet...
Is this normal that it needs some run in or is this part defective??
I think i should return it to my LHS... what u guys think??
Need help!!! thanks

CK
Old 11-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ck960
Hi guys, i just bought a ZX21 DS2 power pack and while checking on the carb... the low end neddle is sliding along the hole(not smooth) while i push it in and out... this is brand new not even assemble yet...
Is this normal that it needs some run in or is this part defective??
I think i should return it to my LHS... what u guys think??
Need help!!! thanks

CK
It may just need to be taken apart and cleaned, maybe some metal shavings inside. Also I have found that from the factory if the idle needle it screwed in to much it will cause this also. Try to back it out 1 full turn and see if that helps. Keep it mind that when you run it the motor will have to be tuned.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
It may just need to be taken apart and cleaned, maybe some metal shavings inside. Also I have found that from the factory if the idle needle it screwed in to much it will cause this also. Try to back it out 1 full turn and see if that helps. Keep it mind that when you run it the motor will have to be tuned.
Thanks for the reply, when i take out the slide and the needle together, i found that the needle tip is not in good shape (not round or straight sharp).
when i turn it 1/2 turn it rub against the other side of the hole... i think the problem seems to be the needle... will call my LHS see what he has to say
or maybe i can file it out abit to see if it helps?? anyone pls help...

ck
Old 11-24-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Finally i got the STS carb to work on my ZX12, seems to be alot better then i could get it with the orginial carby. Tomorrow night when i go racing will be the test though

BB
Old 11-27-2006, 01:34 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Hey guys, does anyone have any comments on the .21 DSII. I'm purchasing one this week and I'm interested in opinions, good and bad.
And, do you have the engine yet?....

I have no bad experience with the engine to share with you.
I have 2 ZX21 DSII engines, 1 brand new, still needs to be broken in, and 1 older one which is 5.5 liters of fuel "old" now, of which I'm going to replace the rod when the new season starts.

Even though these engine don't have a lot of "pinch" when new, the engine still has the same amount of pinch after 5.5 liters as it had after break-in.

To kill some time during the off season, I focused on rebuilding my old "hybrid" Quattro, just for the fun.
http://home.zonnet.nl/martin.zeef/Quattro8.JPG
http://home.zonnet.nl/martin.zeef/Quattro9.JPG
http://home.zonnet.nl/martin.zeef/Quattro10.JPG
http://home.zonnet.nl/martin.zeef/Quattro11.JPG
The engine in there is an old NovaMega EVO2, I also build an hybrid engine with parts from Mega/Novamega ZX21/EVO5...
Both engines seem to run fine enough for the purpose they are meant for.....

Last edited by M7H; 11-27-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Finally i got the STS carb to work on my ZX12, seems to be alot better then i could get it with the orginial carby. Tomorrow night when i go racing will be the test though

BB
Well it went full 5 min race distance for two heats the other night with the STS carby. During the afternoon practice during the heat of the day i took the engine temp @ 110c

Half way through the first heat is lost all punch and went off

Second heat it did it shortly after the start of the race. So it was getting worse as the night cooled down. I am lost as to what to do now, i am using Mega 6 cold plug with 16% nitro (6% caster, 6% synthetic). I have tried the 6 hot as normally i run a med plug in other brand engines, but they both blew very quickly.

If someone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated... otherwise i have some Mega ZX12 for sale very soon

BB
Old 11-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Well it went full 5 min race distance for two heats the other night with the STS carby. During the afternoon practice during the heat of the day i took the engine temp @ 110c

Half way through the first heat is lost all punch and went off

Second heat it did it shortly after the start of the race. So it was getting worse as the night cooled down. I am lost as to what to do now, i am using Mega 6 cold plug with 16% nitro (6% caster, 6% synthetic). I have tried the 6 hot as normally i run a med plug in other brand engines, but they both blew very quickly.

If someone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated... otherwise i have some Mega ZX12 for sale very soon

BB
It sounds to me like your head clerance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.