Wiki Posts
Search

MEGA (by Picco) thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Does any have a price range on the DSII?
Serpent USA should have them now or should have them soon so hopefully pricing will be available soon. I hear the pricing is very close to the previous 21's price.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano
Serpent USA should have them now or should have them soon so hopefully pricing will be available soon. I hear the pricing is very close to the previous 21's price.
DS-II is $339.92
DS-II with power pack is $419.22
Old 05-25-2006, 05:02 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Anyone know where can I find online the spacer that goes between the .12 crankcase and the flywheel?
Have you tried Serpent USA?
Old 05-25-2006, 08:48 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nefastseven
is it a standard or a special DSII...because generaly team drivers have not the same engine like us.... their engines are selected
That is a discussion you can never end.....

I also ask this question to a MRX4R/Ninja teamdriver, and I almost had to run for my life.....
It's a BOX STOCK engine he's running, was the answer....
But still he was a lot faster then other Ninja's I saw....

I know that team serpent drivers runned stock Mega engines last year, but I also then was not believed when I defended this........

1 thing is for sure, they are not scared to run them as lean as possible, and You and I don't....

I think the biggest difference lies there.......
Old 05-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

i''l be at circuit Carole (efra B- near Paris) this sunday,i'm going to help them like a voluntary
i'll be at track at 8h00 AM
Old 05-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Actually the difference are:

Cooling head
P/S material and fitting
Conrod
Pin
Clips
Crankshaft

We test the engine already i am really impress with the performance. The engine has now a really good top end, bottom end is close, feels a little bit more smoth, more driveable for sure. Overall i think DSII is a really good engine now.

We will try it again this weekend at the Florida Regionals. Will be interesting against the 35 plus and the Ninja's

Will let you know about the results

Paolo
As promised, here is the report about last weekend test of the DSII.

Scotty and me where the only 2 drivers using the engine. We breaking the engines at the track on Saturday morning (6 long and boring very rich tanks on the track) and then 4 more still rich but closer to final setting. The engines performed really good. As i say before, i am really impressed. We ran both engines all Saturday and Sunday (about 3 liters in each one) and performance was always the same, very good pinch. Performance was second to none. We where able to run at least as fast as the fastest Nova 35 Plus engines last weekend (i just want to be on the humble side). We TQ the event.

In the final i had some problem with the glowplugs, cause the engine was flaming out a few time. ( i found out that the problem was the head clearance) The engine come with 0.40mm. I add 0.05 for a total of 0.45mm. This was working good with a 7 cold glowplug. For the final, since was really hot, i had to tune the engine a little bit rich and in order to have a good combustion i went to 7 Hot. Well, for the conditions of this weekend, this combo was on the edge and the glowplug broke. Then i change for a 7 cold, but with the engine on the reach side, it was flaming out. Maybe was also too rich on the bottom end. I think i will be running the engine with 0.50 mm (with 30% Nitro)
For sure i need to play a little bit more with the engine to learn how to use it, but the performance is extremely good. Anyone that was at Ft. Myers can confirm this. We use the Efra 2033 3 chamber pipe, Short conical header and INS Box.

I open the engine Sunday morning to check it. No sign of wear in the conrod. I test also an off the shelf P/S liner, just to be sure that the material was the same, and i had the exact same result.

I will try tomorrow to post some pictures of the internal, just to show how the engine is (by the way, no mods on the P/S) Crank is different from previous version. I'll post it tomorrow

Paolo
Old 05-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Paolo,
Was that stock or modded?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

As promised, here is the report about last weekend test of the DSII.

Scotty and me where the only 2 drivers using the engine. We breaking the engines at the track on Saturday morning (6 long and boring very rich tanks on the track) and then 4 more still rich but closer to final setting. The engines performed really good. As i say before, i am really impressed. We ran both engines all Saturday and Sunday (about 3 liters in each one) and performance was always the same, very good pinch. Performance was second to none. We where able to run at least as fast as the fastest Nova 35 Plus engines last weekend (i just want to be on the humble side). We TQ the event.

In the final i had some problem with the glowplugs, cause the engine was flaming out a few time. ( i found out that the problem was the head clearance) The engine come with 0.40mm. I add 0.05 for a total of 0.45mm. This was working good with a 7 cold glowplug. For the final, since was really hot, i had to tune the engine a little bit rich and in order to have a good combustion i went to 7 Hot. Well, for the conditions of this weekend, this combo was on the edge and the glowplug broke. Then i change for a 7 cold, but with the engine on the reach side, it was flaming out. Maybe was also too rich on the bottom end. I think i will be running the engine with 0.50 mm (with 30% Nitro)
For sure i need to play a little bit more with the engine to learn how to use it, but the performance is extremely good. Anyone that was at Ft. Myers can confirm this. We use the Efra 2033 3 chamber pipe, Short conical header and INS Box.

I open the engine Sunday morning to check it. No sign of wear in the conrod. I test also an off the shelf P/S liner, just to be sure that the material was the same, and i had the exact same result.

I will try tomorrow to post some pictures of the internal, just to show how the engine is (by the way, no mods on the P/S) Crank is different from previous version. I'll post it tomorrow

Paolo
Great news Paolo. The engine sounds like it will be good.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

I was there. The engine was very fast.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:30 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
And another one ?
http://www.mytsn.com/products/product.asp?prid=3911
Old 05-31-2006, 04:32 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Paolo
Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Paolo,
Was that stock or modded?
Reading is an art......

Paolo, where are the pictures......
Old 05-31-2006, 06:12 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H
That's odd. I just got a new rod for my ZX12 and it did not look like that. It looked like the previous post... no bushing in the wrist pin hole.

What's the story?
Old 05-31-2006, 06:25 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Well, I know that sometimes manufacturers who make parts which can be used in cars, like a centax clutchshoe, just send them to Serpent with the question to test them and if found usefull, they can deliver this to Serpent......

Maybe this conrod is such a part.....
Is it the palmaris conrod maybe?.....
Old 05-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M7H
Reading is an art......

Paolo, where are the pictures......
Pictures coming today........sorry for delay
Old 06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Actually the difference are:

Cooling head
P/S material and fitting
Conrod
Pin
Clips
Crankshaft

We test the engine already i am really impress with the performance. The engine has now a really good top end, bottom end is close, feels a little bit more smoth, more driveable for sure. Overall i think DSII is a really good engine now.

We will try it again this weekend at the Florida Regionals. Will be interesting against the 35 plus and the Ninja's

Will let you know about the results

Paolo

Will all of the the new DSII internal parts fit and work within the original MEGA ZX-21 engine case?

Or it necessary to buy an entire brand new DSII?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.