R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Inferno GT motor recommendation

I am new to nitro so sorry for the newbie questions. I just got my first Inferno GT and it has an Axial .28 and I only get 5-6 minutes of run time.

I have a RC8T with a Werks B5 and I can get 8 minutes of runtime. It is a .21 but seems to have plent of power for the truggy.

Would a Werks B5 .21 work well in a GT, it seems most people have a .28 is there a reason? or do you have any other recommendations for $175-$225 price range that would have more power and better fuel economy.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah300rum View Post
I am new to nitro so sorry for the newbie questions. I just got my first Inferno GT and it has an Axial .28 and I only get 5-6 minutes of run time.

I have a RC8T with a Werks B5 and I can get 8 minutes of runtime. It is a .21 but seems to have plent of power for the truggy.

Would a Werks B5 .21 work well in a GT, it seems most people have a .28 is there a reason? or do you have any other recommendations for $175-$225 price range that would have more power and better fuel economy.

Thanks.
The Werks B5 is a great motor for the GT2
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yea buddy!, a B5 with a 2058 tuned pipe would be a great
powerplant in your car. Run times have alot to do with gearing,
the track you are running on, shift point adjustment and how the
engine is tuned.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

One of the great reasons IGT is so fun to Race/Bash is because it’s hard to put a “wrong” Engine in it.

Many of us have a old 3 or 5 port .21 or .28 laying around from a buggy and they just slide right in and work great, after all these are buggy’s with a 2speed and slicks. At worst you might have to change your pinion gears to adjust for the type of power your engine has.

I would stay away ALL RTR Engines they tend to be more hassle then the few dollars u save is worth.

Pick your favorite Engine and let it rip….

I also agree the Werks is a very good engine for this class.

TecnoPower has a few .21 engines left at Amainhobbies cant get a better engine for the money. Less then 200.00

Whatever engine you decide on just remember the one rule,
Smile when you pull that trigger.
ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ / Engines Modded by The Nitro Shop
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *1speedy View Post
One of the great reasons IGT is so fun to Race/Bash is because it’s hard to put a “wrong” Engine in it.

Many of us have a old 3 or 5 port .21 or .28 laying around from a buggy and they just slide right in and work great, after all these are buggy’s with a 2speed and slicks. At worst you might have to change your pinion gears to adjust for the type of power your engine has.

I would stay away ALL RTR Engines they tend to be more hassle then the few dollars u save is worth.

Pick your favorite Engine and let it rip….

I also agree the Werks is a very good engine for this class.

TecnoPower has a few .21 engines left at Amainhobbies cant get a better engine for the money. Less then 200.00

Whatever engine you decide on just remember the one rule,
Smile when you pull that trigger.
Well said Leon, well said !!!!
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies...... I have 2 motors that I like so far with my limited experience.... Both have been easy to tune and run great.

My Werks B5 and a Jammin JPX .28

Both are about the same price..... but I am leaning toward trying a B5 in the Inferno.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

slap that B5 in there and let's go racing. Leon is right, there are no bad engines for this car. It's all about driving it and smiling. Just keep smiling when I go by.LOL
Old 12-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
Tech Regular

I just picked a used B5 I usually avoid used but it was cheap I couldn't pass...... I think I will keep it as a back up for now. I will just keep running in the stock class.

Gus, I just hope I can keep the car running long enough for you to pass me!