R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-22-2004, 10:43 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Vyrus
Default Tips for ported/polished motor?...

Hey guys I just got a freshly ported and polished Dynamite/Losi Mach .15 motor. It is not even through break in.

Just looking for special break in tips that might not be in the manual. I was told to run it slowly for 5 tanks and to take my time.

I also heard that shutting these motors (ported/polished ones) off is a little weird since they tend to lean out and run fast(?).

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
-Cyrus
Vyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
Bud
Tech Regular

You can kill it by touching a gloved finger or a stick or whatever against the flywheel while it's idleing. That way it doesn't run out of fuel and lean out. Be sure to move the piston to bottom dead center while the engine cools between tanks. If it's top dead center it may stick there because of the pinch area. let it cool completely between tanks. If it's hard to get it to turn over try heating the head with a heat gun or hair dryer. That will make the sleeve expand a little and let it turn over easier.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:27 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Vyrus

Thanks a ton Bud! So no harm will be done if I stop the motor directly from the flywheel? I thought that would just be like idle since my flywheels barely moves then?
Thanks,
-Cyrus
Vyrus is offline   Reply With Quote