Wiki Posts
Search

Collari XS .12

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Collari XS .12

Please post any info or opinions of this motor. I got the engine with a used ntc3 i bought and it seems to be pretty strong. Can anyone help me with more info?
Old 07-15-2004, 02:45 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Collari XS .12

Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Please post any info or opinions of this motor. I got the engine with a used ntc3 i bought and it seems to be pretty strong. Can anyone help me with more info?
What do you need to know.
First of all we need to know if you got the old Picco based Collari Innotech, or the new Innotech Rossi based engine. The Picco based engine is very fast engine but had carb issues and wore relatively fast, used to run it with a Nova carb. The rossi based engine i don't have experience with.
By the way those Collari Innotech Rossi engines are not made by Lamberto Collari Motorsport. There is a legal dispute about Innotech still using the Collari name.
Lamberto Collari Motorsport makes Sirio based engines now, Standard and Modified version done by his father Mauro Collari. very very fast engines. They are distributed by www.werksracing.com
There is a thread here about Coillari engines some post down. check it.

AFM
Old 07-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

AFM: I have to agree with you. The Sirio Collari is by far a better engine that the XS. I have tried mine last weekend and it worked like a charm. Very fast but in need of bottom end.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:45 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by madness
AFM: I have to agree with you. The Sirio Collari is by far a better engine that the XS. I have tried mine last weekend and it worked like a charm. Very fast but in need of bottom end.
What pipe are you using??
These engines love the Sirio in-line pipe, and if more bottom power is needed try the Mega TP04.

AFM
Old 07-16-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

AFM: Currently, I am using an RD Logics Turbo II in-line pipe. Make sense using the Sirio In-line, wonder where I could get it. Overall, the engine perfomed flawlessly on my last race. The only thing I did to it was to replace the carb (used a Nova Rossi carb instead) and work the needle settings (Thanks to Maxy Velasco for helping me out!, I am looking foward to try your fuel)

I have an TP-04 somewhere in my toolbox, I will try it and let you know how it went.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2004, 07:04 AM
afm
Tech Master

AFM: Currently, I am using an RD Logics Turbo II in-line pipe. Make sense using the Sirio In-line, wonder where I could get it. Overall, the engine perfomed flawlessly on my last race. The only thing I did to it was to replace the carb (used a Nova Rossi carb instead) and work the needle settings (Thanks to Maxy Velasco for helping me out!, I am looking foward to try your fuel)

I have an TP-04 somewhere in my toolbox, I will try it and let you know how it went.

Thanks!
Well from what i know you can get Sirio's pipe only in Europe.

I got mine from MODELCAR in Spain, for which I'm distributor here in Peru. You can call Carlos Ducay at 00-34-91-4463820

Part number S12 200006 Sirio in-line Karting style
Part number S12 170003 Teflon short spacer
Part number S12 170004 Teflon long spacer

Tell Carlos that Alfonso from Peru sent you.

By the way, say hello to Maxi from me, i know him very well, good friend.

AFM
Old 07-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

AFM: Maxy was here in Puerto Rico last weekend. He came to compete in la "1era Copa Latino Americana de Radio Control" on which he took 1st place and TQ honors (not without a fight from the local competitors ) I raced the Sirio for the first time in an old Yokomo GT4 that I borrowed from a friend. After qualifying 3rd in the B-main which, by the way, everybody from A, B and C were doing the same amount of laps (15 in 5 minutes) with the exception of Maxy and a local guy now sponsored by Serpent (they did 16 laps). The competition was fierce!!

In any case, thanks for the lead, I will call your friend next week to see if he can hook me up with the Sirio pipe. Question: The pipe is ROAR legal? We race ROAR bases rules here in Puerto Rico.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:42 PM
afm
Tech Master

AFM: Maxy was here in Puerto Rico last weekend. He came to compete in la "1era Copa Latino Americana de Radio Control" on which he took 1st place and TQ honors (not without a fight from the local competitors ) I raced the Sirio for the first time in an old Yokomo GT4 that I borrowed from a friend. After qualifying 3rd in the B-main which, by the way, everybody from A, B and C were doing the same amount of laps (15 in 5 minutes) with the exception of Maxy and a local guy now sponsored by Serpent (they did 16 laps). The competition was fierce!!

In any case, thanks for the lead, I will call your friend next week to see if he can hook me up with the Sirio pipe. Question: The pipe is ROAR legal? We race ROAR bases rules here in Puerto Rico.

Thanks in advance for the help.
THEY ARE EFRA LEGAL, SO THERE WON'T BE ANY PROBLEMS. EFRA RULES ARE EVEN MORE RESTRICTIVE THAN ROAR, ROAR IS MORE IFMAR RUKES.
ABOUT THE YOKOMO, I JUST SOLD MINE AFTER 4 YEARS OF GOOD RACING, AND JUMPED OVER TO A MUGEN MTX3 PROSPEC. WE'LL SEE WHEN THE NEW YOKOMO GT6 COMES OUT LATER THIS YEAR IF WE RETURN TO THE BRAND.

AFM