Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAIWAN Talk Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by jeffreylin
lol, i will finish where howard left off. i will either 1) break the track record or 2) completely destroy your car. most likely 2. i hope that willy does not show up because i will nail that little thing good this time and complete what howard set out to acheive before he left.
In fact I'm not afraid to let you play my 1/8 because my car is very easy to drive. But after you play my 950R,you will change your mind and throw your 1/10 to trash can. I don't want to see that......kakaka.....

Where is your EVOLVA?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dino.tw
In fact I'm not afraid to let you play my 1/8 because my car is very easy to drive. But after you play my 950R,you will change your mind and throw your 1/10 to trash can. I don't want to see that......kakaka.....

Where is your EVOLVA?
I know, I am thinking about getting into 1/8, but it's just too much money. Besides, I barely have enough time for the 1/10 TC.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Nitro Tech

I know, I am thinking about getting into 1/8, but it's just too much money. Besides, I barely have enough time for the 1/10 TC.
No...When you start to play 1/8,you will feel that it's real boring. Because nothing you can do on it,it is just so easy to control. So you don't need to spend more time on it.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Jeff, honestly running 8th scale is not much more then tc, in a way it is cheaper!

The biggest ticket to maintain it is Engine, tires, it last at least twice to 3 times longer, I have a MRX3 and I bought tons of spare parts for it and the thing is I have only broken CVD that's about it!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Ah10
Jeff, honestly running 8th scale is not much more then tc, in a way it is cheaper!

The biggest ticket to maintain it is Engine, tires, it last at least twice to 3 times longer, I have a MRX3 and I bought tons of spare parts for it and the thing is I have only broken CVD that's about it!
Hey!! I against!!!
Don't listen to his trash talk. A BMW guy can't afford 1/8?
You don't know how he play his lovely FW05R. He has TWO kits full with optional parts and EX-10. The same equipment in two places. One in LA another in Taipei. That is just because he is too lazy to carry it when flying.

When he say that the 1/8 is too much money...that means TWO kits w/two engines.....etc.

Last edited by dino.tw; 07-13-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Hey!! I against!!!
You don't know how he play his lovely FW05R. He has TWO kits full with optional parts and EX-10. The same equipment in two places. One in LA another in Taipei. That is just because he is too lazy to carry it when flying.

When he say that the 1/8 is too much money...that means TWO kits w/two engines.....etc.
may be 2 exact top of the line kit with 3 different engines for each kit? JP, Novamax and Mario Rossi? and tons of spare parts enough to put another 2 kits?
Old 07-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

No...When you start to play 1/8,you will feel that it's real boring. Because nothing you can do on it,it is just so easy to control. So you don't need to spend more time on it.
1/8th is a lot easier to control than a 200mm car. Set up isnt even as critical either. Basically build it up, make it look right by eye on the adjustments and it will go. Try doing that with a 200mm .
Old 07-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Ah10, you still haven't say who you are? I will be back in LA next week and probably be in Revelation on 7/25 for the race. Tell me who you are so I can say hello.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hey!! I against!!!

The bimmer belongs to my sister--I do not have a car in Taiwan. The only car I have in Taiwan is the FW05R. 1/8 IS expensive. Between the car, engine, pipe, and radio gears I am looking at $1500. And that's before any hop-ups. 1/10 is about 1/2 of the cost.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Hey Ah10, you still haven't say who you are? I will be back in LA next week and probably be in Revelation on 7/25 for the race. Tell me who you are so I can say hello.
I am a chinese dude with a pair of glasses, normally run at crystal park. but once a while I'll show up at rev.

Oh do you know our famous Ken Li? Kenli Osaka, if you know him then he might be able to descript me better!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
1/8th is a lot easier to control than a 200mm car. Set up isnt even as critical either. Basically build it up, make it look right by eye on the adjustments and it will go. Try doing that with a 200mm .
I am very interested in 1/8, but I do like the fact the 1/10 is very challenging in term of driving and tuning. It takes a lot to go fast with 1/10 and the process of getting there (or not) is the fun part.

Perhaps after Dino let me drive his 950R on Saturday I would fall in love with the speed and trade all my 1/10 stuff for a 1/8.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

I am a chinese dude with a pair of glasses, normally run at crystal park. but once a while I'll show up at rev.

Oh do you know our famous Ken Li? Kenli Osaka, if you know him then he might be able to descript me better!
Name please? That way I can find you. I know Ken and I pitted across from him the race before the O'Donnell championship.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

BTW, I live in San Marino, practically your neighbor.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

I am very interested in 1/8, but I do like the fact the 1/10 is very challenging in term of driving and tuning. It takes a lot to go fast with 1/10 and the process of getting there (or not) is the fun part.

Perhaps after Dino let me drive his 950R on Saturday I would fall in love with the speed and trade all my 1/10 stuff for a 1/8.
In a way you are right, and most ppl are right about 1/8th is easier to drive due to the power from the motor, wide rear tires, good traction and long wheelbase but it is harder to drive faster.... little bit of changes on the set up makes a big difference on consistancy and lap time. once you can starting shaving off those 10th of seconds you will start making yourself drive faster and faster and more agressively

Just my $0.02
Old 07-14-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Jeff, when you drive Dino's 950R pls make sure you finish the little willy for me. I only broke the driver's arm that day(there's a driver sitting on willy)...hehe

I just found out there are many races over here but don't have time to try my car yet.....sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.