Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
.12 if there's no set budget >

.12 if there's no set budget

.12 if there's no set budget

Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default .12 if there's no set budget

This is probably a stupid question as there's going to be a myriad of answers, but I had been thinking about this. Not necessarily for myself, but to satisfy my curiosity.

If money wasn't a big deal breaker in the equation which engine (out of the box) would be the one to get? I'm not talking about buying an engine and sending it in to somewhere for work to be done. I mean as it comes out of the box. There is much talk about best bang for the buck etc. What if someone was willing to spend more?

I did not want to hijack the other engine thread with my question even though it's along the same lines.

Last edited by Dredd; 09-21-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
This is probably a stupid question as there's going to be a myriad of answers, but I had been thinking about this. Not necessarily for myself, but to satisfy my curiosity.

If money wasn't a big deal breaker in the equation which engine (out of the box) would be the one to get? I'm not talking about buying an engine and sending it in to somewhere for work to be done. I mean as it comes out of the box. There is much talk about best bang for the buck etc. What if someone was willing to spend more?

I did not want to hijack the other engine thread with my question even though it's along the same lines.
Here are my top 3 choices:

1) Capricorn Lab E01 BC.

2) MAX XXL3 WC.

3) JP GIMAR MIG TUNED+BALANCED.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd

I been out of the sedan scene for a couple of seasons running 1/8th i was doing testing on a new sedan with a Murnan RBM3 & all i can say the motor kept a perfect tune & the powerband felt like a 1/8th motor it was ballastic & made runtime other than that the next 2 are what a lot of drivers running Novarossi Flash tuned version
Maxpower XXL3 with the balanced crank
These 3 motors seemed to be the fastest I've seen on the track