R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-23-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Help me identify this engine

I was trying to race tonight but my POS Hyper 7 engine gave me serious problems so things didn't work out. As I was leaving a guy I know who takes very good care of his stuff (and has VERY high end equipment) was offering to sell me his very nice engine at an extremly good price. The trouble is I forgot what it was called so I'm having trouble looking up information on it.

Let me see if I can describe it enough to where any of you guys that know your nitro can give me a name: Green head, pretty sure it said Kanai or something to that effect, was a "special edition", cost $300ish new, had a matching header/pipe combo made by Novarossi (I'm pretty sure on this part), and was very, very fast. Oh, and this was in a 1/8th scale buggy, so I doubt it was an onroad engine. Any ideas?

If worse comes to worse I'll call him up and ask exactly what it is, but I'd like to do some research on exactly what it is before I go buying.
psbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:37 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

its the Sirio Kanai edition buggy engine. This is the latest version being used by Ryan Cavalieri and others. I heard it rocks
Old 06-23-2004, 11:49 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I put that in google, and yes thats it! Wow, it looks like a really, really, sweet engine... I think I'm gonna have to buy it! Thanks so much for identifying it for me, I'm still learning the nitro ropes.
psbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 05:33 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Scott Hughes ran that engine at the Silver State Nitro Challenge. It was very average. His P5 was better.