R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-17-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default RBmods IMDRA drag race record Kangaroo engines

I am proud to say that my 2008 AND 2010 RBmods Kangaroo engines both ran 1.56 ET's on two different cars at two different tracks within a week apart. These ET's are the IMDRA records as the quickest and fastest speeds from a .21 of any modder in a Funny car. Rick had tons of ideas and I was the test jokey and boy did it pay off. The funny thing is that there is STILL more power to get from the engines and we think that 1.52 or perhaps even 1.49 can come from these engines. I had a speed of 88 MPH on one pass but also had some 86, 85 and 84 MPH runs which were all within minutes of each other.

Brent Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Awesome ...
Twisted_Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Bettered my quickest pass with a 1.55 that WAS NOT a perfect run at all compared to the 1.56 passes. I know from that the car can and will run 1.53 or better. We shall soon see.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

good job! any pics of your car?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

thanks man. These are the latest photos of the car but will have my new bodies painted and installed for the World's finals in Atlanta, Ga. this Oct. 1-3, 2010. I hope to run 1.53 or quicker.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

good job, so where did you place w/those times?
Jusleanit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusleanit View Post
good job, so where did you place w/those times?
since these passes were all in our practice sessions, it doesn't count for our national record but the record is 1.60 ET. I did loan one of my RBmodded Kangaroos to a friend that ran his car at the Lynnwood nationals and he got the record and also ran a 1.56 ET just like I did while using another Kangaroo that is a carbon copy of my very own Kangaroo.

You can come out to Hollywood, MD at the Firestation is where our track is set up at and even run your on-road cars as well.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Davis View Post
since these passes were all in our practice sessions, it doesn't count for our national record but the record is 1.60 ET. I did loan one of my RBmodded Kangaroos to a friend that ran his car at the Lynnwood nationals and he got the record and also ran a 1.56 ET just like I did while using another Kangaroo that is a carbon copy of my very own Kangaroo.

You can come out to Hollywood, MD at the Firestation is where our track is set up at and even run your on-road cars as well.
oh aight, hows the 1/8 crowd out there?

good job!
Jusleanit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusleanit View Post
oh aight, hows the 1/8 crowd out there?

good job!
the 1/8 scale car crowd is virtually none existent around here but that don't matter. All you gotta do is just show up and run the car. Nobody cares what you have.....it's just coming out to have fun and race.