R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default Collari Engines

Has anyone has experience with Collari Engines?

How about the .12 XS210? Why is their prices relatively cheaper than others? Thanks...
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:41 AM   #2
Tech Regular
 
orangbaligila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bali, Indonesia
Posts: 368
Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila
Default Re: Collari Engines

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Has anyone has experience with Collari Engines?

How about the .12 XS210? Why is their prices relatively cheaper than others? Thanks...
halo bos,.. I just got the older version XS (Picco based),... it's harder to tune,... but once dialed,... wooo...hooo.... untouchable,... how cheap you got the newer XS210?!
__________________
HPI Racing Bali
Team HB Bali
orangbaligila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default Re: Re: Collari Engines

Quote:
Originally posted by orangbaligila
halo bos,.. I just got the older version XS (Picco based),... it's harder to tune,... but once dialed,... wooo...hooo.... untouchable,... how cheap you got the newer XS210?!
The newest XS210 I think it's about US$250. Still pretty cheap compare to others like my new JP FX which is about US$400... Just curious because it stated 2.4 HP in their website. I have tried many engine like NovaMax, RB V12 Tuned by RR, OS Zac project and I think the best is still JP (and also the only one with the black case). Even the older JP NS12S5 is hard to beat...
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:46 AM   #4
Tech Regular
 
orangbaligila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bali, Indonesia
Posts: 368
Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila
Default Re: Re: Re: Collari Engines

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
The newest XS210 I think it's about US$250. Still pretty cheap compare to others like my new JP FX which is about US$400... Just curious because it stated 2.4 HP in their website. I have tried many engine like NovaMax, RB V12 Tuned by RR, OS Zac project and I think the best is still JP (and also the only one with the black case). Even the older JP NS12S5 is hard to beat...
I think it's measured differently,... I think there's no way to produce that much from a "conventional" 5 ports,... something near 2 is still make sense,... I could be wrong though,....

but Collari engines does have "something",... try first then you'll know,.. so far I'm happy with my old XS12,... I wonder how much happier could I be with the XS210
__________________
HPI Racing Bali
Team HB Bali
orangbaligila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Niklas Edlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 306
Default Violating his name - stay away

This company (L.Collari Innotech) is violationg the use of Lamberto Collari's name. They are using his name for selling products that has nothing to do with Lamberto. Don't be fooled by this! They have nothing to do with the multiple world champion... and has not been developed by him. This is the link for that company without honour:
http://www.lcollari-innotech.com/

Since 2002 the only company that has the rights to produce engines in Lambertos name is Lavorazioni Meccaniche, that produces the Sirio engines.
http://www.lambertocollari.com/

http://www.star-motor.com
Niklas Edlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 PM   #6
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default Re: Violating his name - stay away

Quote:
Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
This company (L.Collari Innotech) is violationg the use of Lamberto Collari's name. They are using his name for selling products that has nothing to do with Lamberto. Don't be fooled by this! They have nothing to do with the multiple world champion... and has not been developed by him. This is the link for that company without honour:
http://www.lcollari-innotech.com/

Since 2002 the only company that has the rights to produce engines in Lambertos name is Lavorazioni Meccaniche, that produces the Sirio engines.
http://www.lambertocollari.com/

http://www.star-motor.com
Wow are you seroius ?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:22 PM   #7
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Re: Violating his name - stay away

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Wow are you seroius ?
IT'S TRUE. LOOK AT WHAT THEY SAY AT THE TRUE COLLARI'S SITE

WARNING
As per the exclusive selling rights between Lavorazioni Meccaniche srl and Mr Lamberto Collari since 2002, we make known that only the motors labeled Star Motor and sold by the authorized agents, can claim the cooperation in this project of the six-times World’s Champion, and the fact that he used these motors during the most recent competitions.
The advertising of new products carrying Mr Lamberto Collari’s initials, whole name or part of it must be considered untruthful and against the commercial and personal rights both of the parties and of the buyers.

YOU CAN FIND THEIR PRODUCTS (SIRIO ENGINES) AT
WWW.WERKSRACING.COM

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:44 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
orangbaligila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bali, Indonesia
Posts: 368
Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila
Default

Now,.. I truly have an original "outlaw" engine, ehehehehehhh,...

who made these engines then?! I don't mind if they name it differently,... it's still fast,...
__________________
HPI Racing Bali
Team HB Bali
orangbaligila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:09 PM   #9
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by orangbaligila
Now,.. I truly have an original "outlaw" engine, ehehehehehhh,...

who made these engines then?! I don't mind if they name it differently,... it's still fast,...
WELL AS PER THEIR OWN STATEMENT, PREVIOUS TO 2002 THEY DID, WORKING OVER PICCO BASED ENGINES, AND AS I RECALL THEY WERE STAMPED LC XS12. I HAD A 5 PORT MODEL....WICKED FAST....
AS I UNDERSTAND, NOW THE NEW XS200 MADE BY INNOTECH ARE BASED OVER "ROSSI" ENGINES. DON'T KNOW ABOUT THEIR PERFORMANCE.
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:43 AM   #10
Tech Regular
 
orangbaligila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bali, Indonesia
Posts: 368
Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
WELL AS PER THEIR OWN STATEMENT, PREVIOUS TO 2002 THEY DID, WORKING OVER PICCO BASED ENGINES, AND AS I RECALL THEY WERE STAMPED LC XS12. I HAD A 5 PORT MODEL....WICKED FAST....
AS I UNDERSTAND, NOW THE NEW XS200 MADE BY INNOTECH ARE BASED OVER "ROSSI" ENGINES. DON'T KNOW ABOUT THEIR PERFORMANCE.
AFM
me too, got XS12 5 port turbo,... so,.. is this one the "real" Collari engines or not?! a bit confused now (even though it doesn't matter much, like mentioned before,... as long as it's fast, I don't mind if it was modified by Freddy Krueger, Pinnochio, or Homer Simpson )
__________________
HPI Racing Bali
Team HB Bali
orangbaligila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:20 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

They are not modified at all, they are regular Picco engines.

The OFNA/Picco 7 port is the same engine as the Collari/Picco 5 port, just different terminology.

Collari doesn't count the bypass port, Ofna does.....

I don't know if the new Sirio based Collari's are made to his specs.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #12
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by orangbaligila
me too, got XS12 5 port turbo,... so,.. is this one the "real" Collari engines or not?! a bit confused now (even though it doesn't matter much, like mentioned before,... as long as it's fast, I don't mind if it was modified by Freddy Krueger, Pinnochio, or Homer Simpson )
Yes, at the time those XS12's were done, they were done by L. Collari. Starting 2002 supposedly Innotech shouldn't use the Collari name.
Today Mauro Collari, father of L.Collari modifies Sirio engines
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Guys,

I have an almost new XS12 5port including a new P/S set and rod on Ebay if you are interested:

Collari on Ebay
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,761
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Guys,

I have an almost new XS12 5port including a new P/S set and rod on Ebay if you are interested:

Collari on Ebay
Is this a Picco based motor? Or put another way ... does it take a special small dia crank collet?
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:12 AM   #15
Tech Regular
 
orangbaligila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bali, Indonesia
Posts: 368
Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ottoman
Is this a Picco based motor? Or put another way ... does it take a special small dia crank collet?
yes..
__________________
HPI Racing Bali
Team HB Bali
orangbaligila is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XS 510 Collari engines slide_228 Nitro On-Road 1 01-12-2006 03:42 AM
L.Collari Innotech Engines team-dgm Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 3 08-26-2005 08:13 PM
Collari Engines Tricknut Nitro On-Road 0 05-10-2005 04:42 PM
Collari Engines markallen Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 16 02-16-2004 09:54 AM
M.Collari Engines! S710_Nut Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 3 02-14-2004 01:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net