R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-29-2004, 05:40 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to derrick
Default flooding problem

Hey, I'm new to Nitro cars, and i am still in the break in procedure of my first car. I fowled out a glow plug so the next day i got a new one, but when i try to start it, it floods. i was kinda tweakin around with the tuning before i realized my glow plug was dead and i think i might have set something wrong. I reset the low end screw to 2 3/4 turns out, and i keep changing the idle to find a place it will start but no luck. Sometimes i make it a little richer to see if it helps but nothing yet. I really need help on this. Thnx in advance.
derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:47 PM   #2
Tech Addict

I don't know but 2 3/4 turns out?? Depends on the motor but I thought it should be about 4 1/2 turns out from fully closed. Maybe I'm wrong.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:03 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

It is a NTC3, and as i recall the directions on it say 2 1/2, but for breaking in purposes you turn it another 1/4.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
I don't know but 2 3/4 turns out?? Depends on the motor but I thought it should be about 4 1/2 turns out from fully closed. Maybe I'm wrong.
You are thinking about the High Speed Needle. It would normally be set around 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 turns out for breakin. Low Speed Needle would normally be between 2 3/4 and 3 1/4 out. Like you say, it would depend on the engine.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:52 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

is the highspeed needle located right where the fuel line connects to the carb, or is that the low speed?
Old 04-29-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

it says 2 1/2 turns for high speed
Attached Images
File Type: png n.png (154.7 KB, 72 views)
Old 04-30-2004, 08:17 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

That is the high speed needle where the fuel tubing connects to the carb from the tank. 2.5 turns out for that needle seems a little low.

I am not completely aware of what type engine Associated use on the RTR car (whether it is barrel or slide type carb or the number of needles on it).

If it is a barrel carb (the throttle lever rotates instead if sliding in and out) it is possible that it is only a single needle carb in which case 2.5 turns could possibly be right.

Where the throttle rod connects to the carb check to see if there is another needle at that point (not the little black one with a spring on it. That is the idle screw). If so then try adjusting the carb as I pointed out above.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote