R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-18-2004, 05:14 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

HK dollar is peck to the USD... Hince, USD performance will not effect how much you will pay!

It is wierd, Italian engines are cheaper to get from HK than anywhere in the world! I doubt you can find a better deal even in Italy... Go the global economy!
slooookomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:17 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq
Prices won't get any better for quite a while. The exchange rate between the Euro & the US $$ SUCKS. That's whay the prices are so high. If you've noticed, prices are considerably cheaper overseas. It's actually cheaper for me to buy stuff overseas and pay the extra shipping to the US than buy it in the US and pay the cheaper shipping. I know this hurts US business, but I have to look out for #1 (myself). Inflation is rising much faster than my pay check, so I have to go where I get the best deal, period.
Yeah, but it helps oversea businesses and from there point of view it's great
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:20 PM   #33
Tech Master

Exchange rates havent got anything to do with it. The main problem are the shop owners jacking up prices more than needed.

The average model shop in HK only add a couple of dollars to the price they get it from the dsitributor (who also only does the same). The idea behind it is they know they will sell stock faster locally and also be able to shift more internationally so they make more profit in the long term. Maybe if US and European dealers and shops opened their eyes and did the same they would profit more from more people in the hobby.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

I drive a VW Touareg.

The exact same car costs $20,000 more in Germany, where it's build, than here in the US.

It's all about what customers in a certain market are able or willing to spend for a product.

I think Nova Rossi is getting the idea right now....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:33 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
I drive a VW Touareg.

The exact same car costs $20,000 more in Germany, where it's build, than here in the US.

It's all about what customers in a certain market are able or willing to spend for a product.

I think Nova Rossi is getting the idea right now....
I thing they are missing one important factor which is:

* Importing a real car will have no financial benefit for a person but ordering RC parts from virtually anywhere in the world works quite OK..

This is what's different today, the whole world is basically a LHS..

Don't you love it??? It's your choice!!!
GUNPOWDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 03:44 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by GUNPOWDER
I thing they are missing one important factor which is:

* Importing a real car will have no financial benefit for a person but ordering RC parts from virtually anywhere in the world works quite OK..

This is what's different today, the whole world is basically a LHS..

Don't you love it??? It's your choice!!!
I bought a Nova from the states and pait $270 on tower hobbies, the sme motor here is more than double that. I bought my kit from HK and the same kit here if you can findit is also more than double. The only problem is getting fuels, and anything flamable from overseas. The only thing with this is customs hits you with a wallopping 20 odd percent and it takes a little longer to get anything through customs.
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:53 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

So is it for sure that Mugen will distribute the Novarossi line?
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Novas destribution

I might be wrong, but from everybody expirience in economic, if destributor been changed, will never bring prices down, realy didn't see it so far. Always prices go up. It is fortune moment for new destributor.
Luckely, my son has no problem with that, only one real problem-Russian post office ( never on time).
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 07:58 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Trinity looses Nova Rossi?

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
I just copied this from SGrid.

Can anybody confirm?

NOVAROSSI HAS FIRED "TRINITY" AND AS OF 2-20-04
Although not many people like Trinity I recently heard that Novarossi didnt fire them.

Trinity decided to pull the plug. Novarossi made a decision that they didnt want to sustain the loss of profits from the dollar/euro exchange anymore and told Trinity that they would have to fork out another 20% to cover it but Trinity couldnt put the prices up any.
Ernie then tried to negotiate with Novarossi about meeting in the middle and offered to pay 10% instead and after Novarossi rejected Trinity decided not to be the distributor anymore.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Where is a good place to get one of the Mugen X12s out of state? I haven't seen any anywhere, and my LHS wants $310 for one...
Old 04-04-2004, 04:52 PM   #41
Tech Master

In talking to Chris Verano's dad at the airtronics race it appears they will be bringing in the REX line (they currently import the YS airpalne engines) as Mugen will be bringing in the Novarossi line and Jim Hottinger's (of Paris racing)new company bringing in the Tops.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:09 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
In talking to Chris Verano's dad at the airtronics race it appears they will be bringing in the REX line (they currently import the YS airpalne engines) as Mugen will be bringing in the Novarossi line and Jim Hottinger's (of Paris racing)new company bringing in the Tops.
He's actually my uncle. My uncles company is called RJV Racing Products and Jim's company is Fusion Motorsports.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:14 AM   #43
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
He's actually my uncle. My uncles company is called RJV Racing Products and Jim's company is Fusion Motorsports.
Chris, got a website for RJV?
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:23 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq
Chris, got a website for RJV?
The website is under construction. You can see what's done so far here...

www.rjvracingproducts.com
Old 04-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw the motor he supplied to PePe Velez and that Rex has a lot of rip.