Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

By the way TG77...... I'm using some timing numbers you posted as a base for my mods on my MR12 3 port and I can really tell the difference. So far I can keep up with a few slightly modified NS 3 ports and pixi outlaws but give me time and I'll smoke em.......muahahaha
Old 01-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dust
Is the article in the recent radio control magazine about porting engine sleaves, a good article to follow?

- Dust
I haven't see that article. Can you posted it or show to me somehow,I can tell you my opinion.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Chewdogg
By the way TG77...... I'm using some timing numbers you posted as a base for my mods on my MR12 3 port and I can really tell the difference. So far I can keep up with a few slightly modified NS 3 ports and pixi outlaws but give me time and I'll smoke em.......muahahaha
Realy nice to hear that. regardless who did the work, the right setting is working! Let's keep it up! Give me your numbers and we might go further. I will be happy to help you. If also you will use my P/S/conrod set you will see even a lot of more difference.
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Glow plug types

ROAR finaly allow us to use turbo plugs on ROAR, but what about "nelson" type? Can we use them on sunctioned events? Anybody has idea if they will be allow to use on winternats?
Thanks!!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Realy nice to hear that. regardless who did the work, the right setting is working! Let's keep it up! Give me your numbers and we might go further. I will be happy to help you. If also you will use my P/S/conrod set you will see even a lot of more difference.
Sure I can use all the help I can get.......I'm a newbie to RC

Exhaust 172
Transfer 127...I think
Induction 215
carb opening bored close to stock NS12 carb with out restrictor
increased crank bore....not sure how much I was experimenting
stock venturi 5.5mm (sp?)
and a few minor things not worth mentioning
Old 01-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

All the little minor things should be told. They may seen small and worthless but they all make a difference.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Edward

What are your views on Rifling the carb. opening, do you think it would excellerate the air enough to make a difference?
Old 01-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Sure I can use all the help I can get.......I'm a newbie to RC

Exhaust 172
Transfer 127...I think
Induction 215
carb opening bored close to stock NS12 carb with out restrictor
increased crank bore....not sure how much I was experimenting
stock venturi 5.5mm (sp?)
and a few minor things not worth mentioning
When induction open after BDC? It is realy important. Transfer and exhaust pretty good, may be transfer make 130, but 3 degree will not make a lot of difference.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Edward

Originally posted by Slotmachine
What are your views on Rifling the carb. opening, do you think it would excellerate the air enough to make a difference?
Is riflinfg means not smoothed? If it is, NO, it will actualy makes turbulence flow which we defenetly don't want to have in the induction track. Let's vacuum makes its work right. I preferd have pretty smooth track ( and short as much as possible).
Old 01-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

I'm a newbie to RC

If you be able to mesure timing that accurate, it is very promissing.
Just one more advice, it is very important to make all cut lines very straight ( opening and closing lines). In my opinion, ports has to open/close instantly, including exhaust-it makes a lot of difference.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

When induction open after BDC? It is realy important. Transfer and exhaust pretty good, may be transfer make 130, but 3 degree will not make a lot of difference.
Induction open 30 ABDC
Induction close 65 ATDC

If you be able to mesure timing that accurate, it is very promissing. Just one more advice, it is very important to make all cut lines very straight ( opening and closing lines). In my opinion, ports has to open/close instantly, including exhaust-it makes a lot of difference.
Hmmm.......the crank opens straight but closes in a U shape. The exhaust also closes in a U. I'll straighten them out this weekend.

Man thanks for all your help. When I first asked about modding everyone acted like it was some sort of secret society...they always said, "leave it to the pros"......I said the pros started out at the bottom just like everyone else if they can figure out how these little beast work so can I. So I rolled up my sleeves and went to work. And after tons of searches on message boards, web sites, and the ocassional ooooops....this baby will really move.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Hey Chewdogg - This is absolutely true. Most of the Pro Tuners do tell the newbie to leave it to them. They prefer to keep the engine modifying a secret code which only a select few gain entry too (those that fully understand before hand an engine inside-out).

Unfortunately, this has little to do with them not wanting to help more to do with money. These guys make money (maybe not a big lot, but they make money) and they dont want a newbie coming along and taking part of the wad.

I have only seen a couple of tuners who will willing give out small snippets of info (general gas flowing, etc that a baby could do blindfolded) but then TopGun came along and things really changed. The dark world of engines is being opened and soon it will be open completely. Together we have built Team Palmaris Racing and you only need to see by the signatures that a lot of guys believe in what TopGun is doing. These are only some of the team members. There are still quite a few who havent got the name in their signature.

But you can be sure that you will never be told to leave to the Pros again
Old 01-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default mods

I got my new sleeve in tonight, and I got the crank moded like I was told. It took this one handed racer 1 1/2 hours to complete I did the carb last week. I cant wait to try it out but it is snowing now where I live..
Old 01-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: mods

Originally posted by Slotmachine
I got my new sleeve in tonight, and I got the crank moded like I was told. It took this one handed racer 1 1/2 hours to complete I did the carb last week. I cant wait to try it out but it is snowing now where I live..

Hey, send them to me and I can test them for yr.
also i can tell you now how good they are.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<FAST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 01-15-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default mods

anybody know where i can purchase a 360 degree protractor to use modding timing
thks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.