Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
3 port or 5 port??? How to tell? >

3 port or 5 port??? How to tell?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 port or 5 port??? How to tell?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 3 port or 5 port??? How to tell?

I'm trying to find out if my new Sirio 12 TRP(blue head) is 3 or 5 port. The label says its a legal "3 port ABC", but I'm finding that Sirio labels aren't quite as accurate as they should be. Especially since I seem to have a turbo plug button.

Anyway, I would like to know if any of the label is correct. I want to know if this is 3 or 5 port. What do I look for when I open it up, to know for sure what it is?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: 3 port or 5 port??? How to tell?

Originally posted by Darkseid
I'm trying to find out if my new Sirio 12 TRP(blue head) is 3 or 5 port. The label says its a legal "3 port ABC", but I'm finding that Sirio labels aren't quite as accurate as they should be. Especially since I seem to have a turbo plug button.

Anyway, I would like to know if any of the label is correct. I want to know if this is 3 or 5 port. What do I look for when I open it up, to know for sure what it is?

Thanks
Take the head botton off and count how many holes you have total inside the sleeve ( with piston in BDC). if you have 4 holes-it is 3 port engine, if you have 6-it is 5 port engine.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Well I have 6 holes all on the same level and 2 mini holes up above that. Looks like the label was completely and totally WRONG

Now I have to pull this thing out of my car and figure out who the hell to send it back to, the place I ordered from or to Trinity since they're the Sirio distributor. Man, I'm not looking forward to this!

Thanks for the quick answer Top Gun 777
Old 12-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
Well I have 6 holes all on the same level and 2 mini holes up above that. Looks like the label was completely and totally WRONG

Now I have to pull this thing out of my car and figure out who the hell to send it back to, the place I ordered from or to Trinity since they're the Sirio distributor. Man, I'm not looking forward to this!

Thanks for the quick answer Top Gun 777
Hey, you got lucky, for the price of 3 port you got 5 port engine.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, but I wanted a legal 3 port!

Anyways, I got in contact with the shop I ordered from and they were happy to exchange if for the engine I wanted in the first place.

In the return package, I told them to fell free to look inside the Sirio box to make sure it is actually a non-turbo engine. Just a quick check of the glow plug port should insure that I get the right engine this time.

Should have my new.......new engine in a couple of days.