Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Engine rear ball bearing

hi guys,

i purchased the rear ball bearing to update the one that it is currently in my engine (12LL5). i noticed althought that there is a rubber washer inside it. from which side of the engine should this be place? front side (the intake side) or rear when the conrod is.

antony
Old 06-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaalp
Hi guys,

What is the difference between N12LS3 and N12LL3? I got two tracks here, one is tight and technical, the other one is fast and furious so I am thinking about which engine to buy. I already have a N12LS3. Should I know buy the LL3? Waiting for your comments on their comparison. Thanks.
You can try the new Novarossi Plus 12-3.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

What is the difference between N12LS3 and N12LL3? I got two tracks here, one is tight and technical, the other one is fast and furious so I am thinking about which engine to buy. I already have a N12LS3. Should I know buy the LL3? Waiting for your comments on their comparison. Thanks.
The only difference is the crank the LL3 has a knife edge at the leading part...(I don't know if one is microcast or not though..)
Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default rear ball bearing..

again with the ball bearings how to remove the rear ball bearing to replace it with the new one.????

i warmed the engine at ~90-100C but i can not remove it, it has moved a bit and then stoped. i don't know how to remove it totally..

any help would be apreciated..

antonys
Old 06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jammin'Trey
The only difference is the crank the LL3 has a knife edge at the leading part...(I don't know if one is microcast or not though..)

The LS3 is a short stroke = high revs = big track
The LL3 is a long stroke = high torque = short, technical tracks.

Btw, the Mugen X12 was a regular NSR12S3, short stroke, microcast piston.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by antoine80
again with the ball bearings how to remove the rear ball bearing to replace it with the new one.????

i warmed the engine at ~90-100C but i can not remove it, it has moved a bit and then stoped. i don't know how to remove it totally..

any help would be apreciated..

antonys
Heat it up even more, 120 -130°C, wear a heat resistant glove, take the engine and knock it on a flat wooden surface with the rear opening to the table. Usually the bearing just falls out. Once the rear bearing is out, heat up the engine again and now use something made of wood or plastic and push the front bearing out from behind.

To put the new bearings in, place the bearings in the freezer for a few hours, then heat up the crankcase again and they will fall in place.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Well here comes a third answer to this question. I know that the first answer was incorrect.

The LS version engine is a short stroke engine. The mugen X12 is also a short stroke engine. The LL is a long stroke engine. Long stroke engines should give more bottom end power. There was a lot of discussion regarding these two engines, and I ended up coming to the same conclusion that many others came to. The LL did not perform as well as the LS. I found my LS and LL to have the same amount of bottom end but the LS had better top end power.

In theory though, you would use the LL on the short tight track and use the LS on the fast and furious track. After owning and running both I would not get the LL.

The mugen x12 was based on the NS engine which is a machined (not microcast) piston
Old 06-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

yes X12's had billet pistons as did NS12S3's
Old 06-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jammin'Trey
The conicle headers were supposed to be less flowing resistance.... Dunno about the plug, it has shiny on top
Old 06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
In theory though, you would use the LL on the short tight track and use the LS on the fast and furious track. After owning and running both I would not get the LL.
Yup, I have LL5 too, it sucks at top speed compare to NSR S5.

However, you could increase the size of pinion and decrease the spur gear to compensate it.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

How is the fuel mileage on say a properly tuned NSR engine and or N12LL3? I may pick one up brand new. Anyone run either one of these with Vantage pipe? I know one guy who does, but he can't seem to get it tuned right therefore now allowing me to see the NSR in action.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stefan
Heat it up even more, 120 -130°C, wear a heat resistant glove, take the engine and knock it on a flat wooden surface with the rear opening to the table. Usually the bearing just falls out. Once the rear bearing is out, heat up the engine again and now use something made of wood or plastic and push the front bearing out from behind.

To put the new bearings in, place the bearings in the freezer for a few hours, then heat up the crankcase again and they will fall in place.
ok i removed it finally i put the engine in a small oven and heated up to ~130C the ball bearing felt over its initial position. i just "managed" to hurt the internal part of the engine in the place where the end cup is inserted. the ball bearing seemed to be wider than the engine opening.. i hope i haven't made too much damage. i will take a photo of it and send a pic to you
Old 06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
How is the fuel mileage on say a properly tuned NSR engine and or N12LL3? I may pick one up brand new. Anyone run either one of these with Vantage pipe? I know one guy who does, but he can't seem to get it tuned right therefore now allowing me to see the NSR in action.
I can't answer this but I can share some story from my recent race in Futaba Open 2006 : My friend ( experience driver ) have LL3 and he switched to JP FX3 because he could not make it 5 minutes with LL3 during practice day.

I suggest the NSR S3, hopefully you get S5 for more top speed.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
I can't answer this but I can share some story from my recent race in Futaba Open 2006 : My friend ( experience driver ) have LL3 and he switched to JP FX3 because he could not make it 5 minutes with LL3 during practice day.

I suggest the NSR S3, hopefully you get S5 for more top speed.
I ran a heavily modified RR12L3,which is basically the same engine in the shorter case and made 5 minutes easy
Old 06-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

My NSR gets good fuel milage, makes 5 minutes every time with enough left for 1-1 1/2 more laps...
But i run a RD logics 22064 pipe.....

Anybody know where I can get a tuned N12LS3 ?

I finally realized this... Novarossi knifeedged the crank on the LL3 because its a longstroke and needs more RPMs... As they didn't do this on the LS3 because its a shortstroke, it already has planty rpms.

Last edited by Jammin'Trey; 06-07-2006 at 01:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.