Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Internet RC is not the distributor for REX any longer.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ns12 s3

im getting a slightly used ns3 and i need to know the default settings and all around tips for tuning my nova. im coming from a sirio evo2 that does not like to be tuned and has hit 300+ degrees, i just wanna race not fight my motor all day!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

What would be a good plug for a NSR12S5? Hot or cold? And a good brand? I'm used to using a O'donnell standard plug, but have no real clue with this turbo thing...

I'm also in the middle of tuning the engine. I think I have quite a bit to go to lean it out. It barely temps at 200 F. I know it has to get warmer than that. It seems to bog right around the mid range before picking back up, so I'm sure I have to tighhten the low end up a little more. It does have a strange habit of shutting off right around 1/4 tank, though. Not sure about that. Unfortunately, it's usually 1/2 way across the track so I can't get a good read on the temp when it dies. 90% of the time it fires right back up.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default NOVA S12

DOES ANY1 KNOW the factory settings for the nova S12.IVE PURCHASED A SECOND HAND ONE AND NEED A BASIC SETTING.PLEASE HELP ,IS THERE ANY INFO ON THE THE NET???THEIR WEBSITE(NOVARROSSI)ONLY LISTS SETUPS 4 THE FX SERIES
Old 06-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

just got a used ns3, should it have a standard button or a turbo, or did they make both?

what is a good standard plug for it?
Old 07-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

What tuned pipe to use with N12LS3?

Hi guys,

Did anyone of you try different tuned pipes for N12LS3? I am using the Novarossi Tuned pipe set NRS-52607 for this engine and would like to know if I can achieve better results with another set. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gentleman81
just got a used ns3, should it have a standard button or a turbo, or did they make both?

what is a good standard plug for it?
u dont have to go and spend the extra money on "novarossi" plugs cuz they say novarossi.......me personally i use OS plugs for both of my engins....and i have one standard engine and a REX RER12 S3 turbo and i us the OS turbo plugs in the turbo....OS makes amazing plugs they last for ever and give u no problems...for standard i would suggest an OS 8 ...its a medium temperature they say...

there is my $0.02 about them

Mike.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default RR12 L5

Hi,

Anyone has experience here wth RR12 L5?
I am using Trinity Monster 25% with Nova t6 plug. And I am having some problem tuning the engine. It dies off ever time I hit the throttle.
Did tried to set the high end richer, but no help.

Thanks,
Old 07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Regional Moderator

If it dies on full throttle, maybe it's still too rich on the HSN.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredgoh
Hi,

I am using Trinity Monster 25% with Nova t6 plug. And I am having some problem tuning the engine. It dies off ever time I hit the throttle.

Thanks,
I am running the same motor with absolutely no problem but I am running the hotter C5TF plug. Try that and if you are still having problems I will check to see where my needles are set to and post it here for you. I've been running the engine for a little less than 1 year and I love it!!
Old 07-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hi,

Thanks,
Try lower the idle and leaning the bottom bit by bit and see if that helps.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

hopfully u havent played around with the midrange needle
Old 07-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by factory racer
hopfully u havent played around with the midrange needle
Thanks for the replies guys.

Unfortunately, all the needles has been turn, one way or the other.
They try to lean the mid range too. I think the engine get over heated and I saw a bulk of white smoke puff off the exhaust.

jjmudd, if you could please let me know your settings for the high end and low end needle.

Hope to trouble shoot it.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the replies guys.

Unfortunately, all the needles has been turn, one way or the other.
They try to lean the mid range too. I think the engine get over heated and I saw a bulk of white smoke puff off the exhaust.

jjmudd, if you could please let me know your settings for the high end and low end needle.

Hope to trouble shoot it.
Lots of white smoke is good or rich. When you overheat you see no smoke.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi,

Thanks,

try switching fuels......I was the biggest fan of Wildcat/trinity fuels.....but could not get my RB 's or nova's to run on take off..I tried for 2 years to get consistant running.......just for a goof,I tried Sidewinder....I mean instantly,no more problem.........I remember talking to Jerry Connely at Wildcat.....he told me the beanoil that they get from Klotz is thicker..and depending on the porting of the engine,can sometimes be a problem to tune when it comes to throttle transition(read: car stalling on takeoff..)...I got that advice from him when I was trying to use wildcat in a TRX 15 motor...I guess it followed through for nova engines also....

Sidewinder World Championship 30% is what I was using.....I've since switched to Maxys'...very good fuel also..

don't forget to return your needle settings to stock position.....like you were breaking in the motor again...and tune from there....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.