Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 12-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Nitro Tech

When the weather is more and more cold now,many people will break their engine due to wrong determining on the engine temperature....yes...me too....

Last edited by dino.tw; 12-18-2003 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 12-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
Have you tried to run an engine about 100 or 110ºC at air temps of 5ºC? You know what means this? MELTDOWN.

Dino created a thread some time ago at which temperature you run your own engines in the cold... many of us gave our own approach.

Could be valid for a practice session, but under racing... the most appropiate term is.... Balls out!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by afm
during the race the whole clutch assy past every car at the track,
This is real funny.

I do tighten the shaft hard but never had a problem. I did have broken a few crankshaft at the crankpin.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is some tips that I forgot(sorry) where I got it.

- Before installing the clutch assy, install the engine mount first and use threadlocker(medium/blue).
- Place a wet sandpaper (#400-600) on your table, the flatest you have. I preffer glass surface.
- Sand the lower part of engine mount (w/ engine) in just one direction. If you want to know how well you doing it, mark that lower part with permanent/board maker. So you will amaze with your own skill.

I am not sure wether this will helps or not but I do believe that by doing this, you will reducing huge amount of vibration.
If you have couple engine for each car, go buy engine mount for each of your engine. So you dont have to do that everytim you install an engine.

Another good tip is placing shim before flywheel, as thick as possible (usually I do .5 x 2). You will save your front bearing more and you can adjust your centax with only single shim.

As for the flywheel, do tighten hard as you can. Just remember when you remove it dont whack it off with your plier or driver !!
Buy or borrow a flywheel wrench. Even light/medium tap will effect your bearing coz its high speed type and does not designed to receive an axial load/impact.

Just my 2 cents
Old 12-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

If you sand down the engine mounts it will also reduce stress on the crankcase. But to acheive maximum reults you should sand the engine mounts flat everytime you take the engine off.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

this is ideal situation. will you do that if you need to take out the engine from your car for maintainence?
Old 12-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

yo DR Dibble here i just sent you an email.

hit me back sometime
out

dibs
Old 12-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

3 / 5 ports

which would be good to run on a small tight and technical track ?
Old 12-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 3 / 5 ports

Originally posted by redsand
which would be good to run on a small tight and technical track ?
On small to med tracks, the RR12 is the king, but in med to big tracks, nothing is better than a NS12.

You can adjust a little depending which exhaust will use, but answering to your question, your engine is the RR12 (3 or 5 ports - seems that the 5 ports is unavailable at this time).
Old 12-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Corse-R
Have you tried to run an engine about 100 or 110ºC at air temps of 5ºC? You know what means this? MELTDOWN.

Dino created a thread some time ago at which temperature you run your own engines in the cold... many of us gave our own approach.

Could be valid for a practice session, but under racing... the most appropiate term is.... Balls out!
we run here in new england in some cold weather conditions. what was dino's recommendation for temp ranges for small block and big block engines as well as types of plugs/nitro percentage to use?
Old 12-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys does anyone know what the factory screw settings r for a JP TS3 its just that I have put a new P/S in the thing and I need to run it in again, I have already looked in the book but I can't find it.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default JPs3 problems

ok i have some issues with my jp s3.

it has been running like a bullet since april 2003. no issues what-so-ever. 2 race meets ago it lost alot of top end. last race meet it lost alot of top end and kept stalling.

when it was idling on the bench it would start ok then slowly get louder (like it was getting lean). i'd rev it and it would drop.....then rev up again.

i sealed the carb with loctite blue maxx and it was better but it still wasn't as quick as before?

WHY?

i took it all apart and cleaned it. the sleave had a black ring at TDC. and the casing seemed to have a white coating i cleaned the casing with carby cleaner and the casing became sticky i use kyosho air filter oil. could the air filter oil be gumming up the internals? (it is the blue stuff very similar to motorbike air filter oil.

should i use loctite blue maxx on the back case plate as well?
Old 12-21-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: JPs3 problems

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
ok i have some issues with my jp s3.

it has been running like a bullet since april 2003. no issues what-so-ever. 2 race meets ago it lost alot of top end. last race meet it lost alot of top end and kept stalling.

when it was idling on the bench it would start ok then slowly get louder (like it was getting lean). i'd rev it and it would drop.....then rev up again.

i sealed the carb with loctite blue maxx and it was better but it still wasn't as quick as before?

WHY?

i took it all apart and cleaned it. the sleave had a black ring at TDC. and the casing seemed to have a white coating i cleaned the casing with carby cleaner and the casing became sticky i use kyosho air filter oil. could the air filter oil be gumming up the internals? (it is the blue stuff very similar to motorbike air filter oil.

should i use loctite blue maxx on the back case plate as well?
check your back pressure fuel line. one of my buddies' engine has the same problem and later he found out that the back pressure fuel line was leaking that caused the engine stalling or no top end.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: 3 / 5 ports

Originally posted by Corse-R
On small to med tracks, the RR12 is the king
Pls share your experience with this engine, what pipe combo maybe?
Can it beat the NovaMax bottom end ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.