R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Like Tree40Likes

Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 AM   #2026
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
In my experience, the life span of the microcast piston heavily depends on how the engine is broken in.

Don"t let it run too cold (idle on the box), but keep it in the 90C range from the get go. The MC piston doesn"t need as much break in as the CNC piston.
Thanks Stefan,
I use that method on all my engines, how many tanks roughly till break in is complete with the MC pistons?
TIA
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #2027
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9
Thanks Stefan,
I use that method on all my engines, how many tanks roughly till break in is complete with the MC pistons?
TIA
Usually 4 tanks before I start to tune for power.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #2028
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Usually 4 tanks before I start to tune for power.
Thanks Stefan!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #2029
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default Special Edition 367 BUGGY .21

has anyone picked up the 367 buggy combo? (wondered what mainfold NR is suggesting?)

Team Novarossi, you out there?

Thanks in advance,

John

Last edited by madjack; 04-13-2007 at 12:12 AM.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #2030
ALG
Tech Regular

Delta9

I have a Plus12-3 CT and has 2 gallons, including the break-in. I took it apart for a complete clean-up and the engine feels VERY good. Tight at the top and NO sign of premature failure. The rod bearing is OK and the bearing also feel great. hope to put some 2 gallons more on the engine!!! if possible, before rebuilding.

I got REAL power when I was starting the 2 gallon. The engine is great!!!! I would recomend it to anyone. Im running MAXY fuel 20% and NRC6TGF Plug

How is the new 353???

Have fun
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #2031
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG
Delta9

I have a Plus12-3 CT and has 2 gallons, including the break-in. I took it apart for a complete clean-up and the engine feels VERY good. Tight at the top and NO sign of premature failure. The rod bearing is OK and the bearing also feel great. hope to put some 2 gallons more on the engine!!! if possible, before rebuilding.

I got REAL power when I was starting the 2 gallon. The engine is great!!!! I would recomend it to anyone. Im running MAXY fuel 20% and NRC6TGF Plug

How is the new 353???

Have fun
Thank you very much ALG!!
that is what i am looking for!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:35 AM   #2032
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Sirio2127

I don't under stand why you would need to totaly rebuild any unmoded good quality engine after only 4 galon's of fuel. If i don't get 10 gallons from an engine befor it needs a new piston and liner then i know i'm doing somthing wrong. A novarossi should last 8 to 10 gallons of fuel befor the piston and niner need to be replaced. Normaly to make an engine last that long you need to check the conrod and bearing for excess play and ware. Some people may think i'm running my engines ritch but i ashore you there not ritch or lean. There is a limet to paformance I constantly see people push engines well beyond its intended paformance boundres. All i can say is you should be able to get 10 gallons of fuel in run time from a novarossi piston and lniner and ruffly 3 maby 4 rod and bearing changes providing you use novarossi bearings and when you change the conrod replace the piston pin and clips at the same time every time you change the conrod. Never wash and reuse air filters if you have spent the money on a novarossi why save 5 bucks by useing a dirty filter and the wrong air filter oil. All ways use a quality fuel I use Vp racing At rc car fuel. But there are many outhers like werks whitelightning tornado coolpower/sidewinder and many more. Heat and dirt and dust is what are the bigest damages to any engine. You can get paformance with out running engines at crazy temps. No mods are needed to any novarossi engine all your doing is creating a unreliable engine. Stratagy is what win's races not stright line speed. Regards Jeremy.
Sirio2127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:51 AM   #2033
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
has anyone picked up the 367 buggy combo? (wondered what mainfold NR is suggesting?)

Team Novarossi, you out there?

Thanks in advance,

John
+1

I dont think Team Novarossi has had any exp with this engine as he is a On Road Driver
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #2034
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirio2127
I don't under stand why you would need to totaly rebuild any unmoded good quality engine after only 4 galon's of fuel. If i don't get 10 gallons from an engine befor it needs a new piston and liner then i know i'm doing somthing wrong. A novarossi should last 8 to 10 gallons of fuel befor the piston and niner need to be replaced. Normaly to make an engine last that long you need to check the conrod and bearing for excess play and ware. Some people may think i'm running my engines ritch but i ashore you there not ritch or lean. There is a limet to paformance I constantly see people push engines well beyond its intended paformance boundres. All i can say is you should be able to get 10 gallons of fuel in run time from a novarossi piston and lniner and ruffly 3 maby 4 rod and bearing changes providing you use novarossi bearings and when you change the conrod replace the piston pin and clips at the same time every time you change the conrod. Never wash and reuse air filters if you have spent the money on a novarossi why save 5 bucks by useing a dirty filter and the wrong air filter oil. All ways use a quality fuel I use Vp racing At rc car fuel. But there are many outhers like werks whitelightning tornado coolpower/sidewinder and many more. Heat and dirt and dust is what are the bigest damages to any engine. You can get paformance with out running engines at crazy temps. No mods are needed to any novarossi engine all your doing is creating a unreliable engine. Stratagy is what win's races not stright line speed. Regards Jeremy.
Thanks Sirio2127, proper maintanence and tuning, fuel and airfilter are vital to engine life as you said. The main reason i bought a Nova and not the cheaper TZ is because of engine life. My engine wil be properly looked after and conrods replaced as neccessary, im not going to cheap out on maintanence when i have dropped this much on a engine
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 AM   #2035
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG
The rod bearing is OK
A conrod doesn't need to be replaced only when play can be noticed on the small- or big-end side.

A small engine manufacturer in Holland once made a custom conrod for an engine of a friend of mine, the conrod was made as hard as possible, but then broke within 1/4 of a gallon.....

Due to the bend and stretch exersizes a conrod will get in an engine, it needs to have a certain amount of flex. So, even if there is no play on the bushing, it might have small damages inside the conrod itself......
Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 AM   #2036
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Sirio2127

Hi Delta9, You defenatly made the right choice. You sound like you maintain your engines well I don't realy do anything special to any of my engines to make them last. Just after evey time i'm finished useing them i remove the exhaust system and air filter box and cap the engine with dust caps. I then remove it from the chassiss and spray the out side with some methlated sprits in a spray bottal and dry useing an air compressor. I then remove the back plate inspect the conrod and bearings. I use novarossi after run oil and make shore the engine is well oiled i don't skimp on oil. I then replace the backplate and seal the engine in a zip lock bag and put away and till i use it agen. The night befor i am due to use it i will take it out remove the carby and exhaust caps and drain the excess oil throught the exhaust port. That takes a cupple of minets to make shore that the engine dose not get to much oil in the cylinder when its first started after storage. Good luck Best regards Jeremy.
Sirio2127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 AM   #2037
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirio2127
INever wash and reuse air filters if you have spent the money on a novarossi why save 5 bucks by useing a dirty filter and the wrong air filter oil. All ways use a quality fuel I use Vp racing At rc car fuel. Regards Jeremy.
What a load of bulldust about only using filters once, can you send me your used once only filters, I will buy them of you, PM me.
Ive seen bad batches of VP with rust in the metal tin

Mugen Seiki
Max Power Engines GRP Tires Nitro X Fuels "Mugen Blend"
www.rrcsa.org.au
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:54 AM   #2038
Tech Fanatic

Can you also tell me where you get your filters for $5 please

Mugen Seiki
www.rrcsa.org.au
Old 04-13-2007, 04:07 AM   #2039
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK
Can you also tell me where you get your filters for $5 please
Maybe that's why he uses them once?...

Here in Holland the INS-BOX is mandatory, which also keeps the filter really clean, so I use 1 (new) airfilter for each of my engines (2) for the hole racing season....
Old 04-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #2040
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
Maybe that's why he uses them once?...

Here in Holland the INS-BOX is mandatory, which also keeps the filter really clean, so I use 1 (new) airfilter for each of my engines (2) for the hole racing season....
INS-BOX is mandatory in Australia too and yes it does keep filters cleaner, I use like max 3 filters in 1/10 the whole season, I just wash them really well.

But for all the guys who use them one meet and throw them , as I said I will buy them off ya.

Mugen Seiki
www.rrcsa.org.au