R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-31-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default O.S 18 TZP

Hi

I need the most powerfull motro I can find that will fit in a Kyoso RRR. Is there anything to beat the OS 18TZP?

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345 View Post
Hi

I need the most powerfull motro I can find that will fit in a Kyoso RRR. Is there anything to beat the OS 18TZP?

Cheers
Looking at how You're trying to accomplish some type of high speed attempt... You should try to figure out how to install a big block on-road 21 motor in your Kyosho RRR. Can that be done??? All things are possible... You'll just have to put in alot extra work. Contact Kyosho or you may have to come up with your own mod. in order for you to install a big block 21 motor... If you're not willing to do the extra work, then you're stuck with the TZ 18 and running the tallest gears you have... And no, your RRR will come no where's close to reaching 150 mph... .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
Tech Master

I just came back from the Speed Challenge at the California Speedway near Los Angeles. I have a Kyosho Evolva with a stretched chasis and 3 x .21 engines installed. I clocked 88 mph on very short run and it didnt make 2nd gear. Read all about it on my blog

http://ziggy12345-myspeedattemptcar.blogspot.com/

There is a vid of the run

There is another class of cars that are plain kits with big motors in but no mods to the length or width and I want the 18 for this class. I will gear it for 125mph. A .21 big block motor will not fit without moding the chasis so I need a small block.

The power required to propel a car weighing 1 kg up to 150 mph in 12 seconds in 1320ft is around 2.3 hp. The 18TZP was dynoed at 2.86 so in theory you can get 150 but in practice 120 might be almost impossible.

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I just came back from the Speed Challenge at the California Speedway near Los Angeles. I have a Kyosho Evolva with a stretched chasis and 3 x .21 engines installed. I clocked 88 mph on very short run and it didnt make 2nd gear. Read all about it on my blog

http://ziggy12345-myspeedattemptcar.blogspot.com/

There is a vid of the run

There is another class of cars that are plain kits with big motors in but no mods to the length or width and I want the 18 for this class. I will gear it for 125mph. A .21 big block motor will not fit without moding the chasis so I need a small block.

The power required to propel a car weighing 1 kg up to 150 mph in 12 seconds in 1320ft is around 2.3 hp. The 18TZP was dynoed at 2.86 so in theory you can get 150 but in practice 120 might be almost impossible.

Cheers
the .18 Tz makes 1.09 actual HP

why not reduce the weight on the evolva and run a single drag modded .28? Youc ould prolly go just as fast while not being as complex and having as much weight.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:05 AM   #5
Tech Master

I was looking at the Axial emgine. I wounder if Murnan can mod it for top speed?

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
Tech Master

Ziggy I heard that the motor puts out 1.8 hp who knows it depends on what type of dyno the reading were made on. All I know is this motor really makes my R-40 move out. I think that the .18 OS TZ would be a good motor to go with in your V-1RR. If you were to get a .18 TZ modified by a good engine guru then I believe you would have a very potent machine. What I like about the motor is it light weight and it is not big and bulky and it likes to rev!! Plus it is cheap so you could have several back up motors!!
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
Ziggy I heard that the motor puts out 1.8 hp who knows it depends on what type of dyno the reading were made on. All I know is this motor really makes my R-40 move out. I think that the .18 OS TZ would be a good motor to go with in your V-1RR. If you were to get a .18 TZ modified by a good engine guru then I believe you would have a very potent machine. What I like about the motor is it light weight and it is not big and bulky and it likes to rev!! Plus it is cheap so you could have several back up motors!!
Go with a Murnan 18tz. They are about as powerful as an budget/entry level .21.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I was looking at the Axial emgine. I wounder if Murnan can mod it for top speed?

Cheers
the .28RR?
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:55 AM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Go with a Murnan 18tz. They are about as powerful as an budget/entry level .21.
I took your advice and ordered the murnan. All the murnan engines I have had have been ballistic

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance