Wiki Posts
Search

New Kyosho CRF

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
So, what you are saying is that they threw an engine on the market that ran like crap. They let the customers do the field testing and then they sold all of you expensive parts to get that engine to a point where it should have been from the get go.

So, tell me again, why should I buy this engine, which in the end is more expensive than proven Novarossi quality?
Funny as always. What a charmer.

BTW.. Engine is only 26880Yen. Way cheaper than Novarossi!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

exactly it isn't the same engine. and alot of the engines on the market may actually be the ones previous to all the changes, so hence they are for all intensive purposes the old "inferior" design. the kyosho one, being a newly branded crf, has all the good parts/additions. or revisions on it. it is the latest version, ie the best version.

unless you can find a shop of course that stocks the very latest, team orion silver head crf. Unless you can see the product code you have no way of knowing, so a good way of knowing that you have the latest crf, is to just get the kyosho one.

simple. The CRF therfore in simple terms, is a different engine. Many people remember the old CRF as having issues, this is a easy way to dispel the concerns, and make people at ease with the purchase of a new technology motor.
Exactly what I was trying to say all along.

Well said TomB
Old 07-13-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Funny as always. What a charmer.

BTW.. Engine is only 26880Yen. Way cheaper than Novarossi!
dude, you don't need to kiss butt to every manufacturer out there. you aren't on the payroll, so don't bother, and if making your coin requires you to tell lies, and or kiss butt, then you may want to question where your morals lie.

the old original CRF was a hunk of junk. full stop. anything that needs aditions, and options to make it go, when other engines in the past required nothing means it is sh1t.

ok i can understand a clutch spring, but alot of what the company brought out initially to solve the issues was a joke. A joke in the sense that it required too much effort, and understanding to get it going. What happens if you aren't a rc tech freak head like you and i? You could assume that these people with the old original engines, who did not read rctech were stuck with a shyt box with no understanding how to fix the issue. not good for CRF

anyway, the new kyosho crf goes good, very good. The engine i saw running was using a crf clutch spring and a crf pipe, but i am sure any conical header and pipe combo would work for the engine as long as it is suited to the track.

this hobby is as much about ease of use as it is of new technology, any of the these two elements leaning to much to one side leads to an underoperforming product.

Yes the CRF kyosho is cheap, but i bet you there wil be a more expensive version soon, with a option backplate, option button head, option carb inserts, optional fuel line nipple etc etc, and this engine will be priced at the $450 or $500 australian price range. OS did the same with the TZ 3 port, then released the speed. All manufacturers do it. they create brand loyalty and familiarity then upsell you once you are acustomed and connected to the brand...im not criticising the method, im just outlining it, (most people either don't see it, or avoid reality for some bizzare reason)

Novarossi kicks arse, some things are just built right and yes, there will be a novarossi 12SCT competitior in the pipeline from CRF soon. common sense and marketing/sales techniques would dictate it. (plus i've seen the optuion parts on the kyosho japan site, and i was already thinking, wow cool i want that )

...and no doubt rndhawaii will be singing the praises of the new "tuned" engine when it is released also, no doubt stating, "the original is just as good as the tuned" ...obviously his comments will be carefully worded to avoid p1ssing anyone of of course
Old 07-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nano has had to put up with a lot of my shit - both publicly in the CRF thread and in PMs. I just don't blame all of the problems I had with the engine on the designer without taking some of the responsibility for my inexperience. A guy I'm racing with is still kicking everyone's ass with his bone stock un-upgraded CRF - so WTF does that mean? Each person's experience with the engine will vary based on their own individual skill and experience. Some people thought it was a POS while others won with it and couldn't understand why other were having problems.

Are you happy with my comments now Tom?

I say negative things about products, but perhaps you don't read all of my posts. A lot of what I say is also laced with sarcasm and that's why I'm on quite a number of shit lists. If you asked for a show of hands of whose ass I'm kissing, I believe your count would be zero.

I don't have a sections in my KBs that read "Why this car sucks, so don't buy it" and if you can't figure out why not, then you can go stand over in the corner by stefan and party with him all you want.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nano has had to put up with a lot of my shit - both publicly in the CRF thread and in PMs. I just don't blame all of the problems I had with the engine on the designer without taking some of the responsibility for my inexperience. A guy I'm racing with is still kicking everyone's ass with his bone stock un-upgraded CRF - so WTF does that mean? Each person's experience with the engine will vary based on their own individual skill and experience. Some people thought it was a POS while others won with it and couldn't understand why other were having problems.

I say negative things about products, but perhaps you don't read all of my posts. A lot of what I say is also laced with sarcasm and that's why I'm on quite a number of shit lists. If you asked for a show of hands of whose ass I'm kissing, I believe your count would be zero.

I don't have a sections in my KBs that read "Why this car sucks, so don't buy it" and if you can't figure out why not, then you can go stand over in the corner by stefan and party with him all you want.
WOW... This is going to get very interesting indeed... Be nice and play fair everyone...

RC_Alan
Old 07-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Wow, you are getting pissed and personal over criticism of an engine that you have no hand in? Cool! Nano should take you onto his marketing team.

Now coming back to that revolutionary CRF engine. When the engine was released, the marketing hype was huge, only topped by HUDY'S MTX4 copy.

Fact is, that EVERYBODY I know, who bought one, gave up on it after the first day on the track.

I have dealt with a lot of engines and I got most of them to run. The CRF I couldn't get to run. So, am I too unexperienced to deal with this Swiss technology?

When Edward N saw the first drawing of the engine, he predicted that it would not work and he was right. (as always when it comes to engines)

Don't you think that people like Rossi (either one of them) or Picco have not tried this stuff before.If there was a revolutionary way of building a 2 cycle nitro engine within the rules, you can trust that the people with decades of experience would have done itlong before Orion even thought about it.

So, stop getting all worked up over this and be a bit more objective.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The CRF's are working fine at my track....So what are you doing wrong

You cant blame a motor for your inability to tune such a engine.

Originally Posted by stefan
Wow, you are getting pissed and personal over criticism of an engine that you have no hand in? Cool! Nano should take you onto his marketing team.

Now coming back to that revolutionary CRF engine. When the engine was released, the marketing hype was huge, only topped by HUDY'S MTX4 copy.

Fact is, that EVERYBODY I know, who bought one, gave up on it after the first day on the track.

I have dealt with a lot of engines and I got most of them to run. The CRF I couldn't get to run. So, am I too unexperienced to deal with this Swiss technology?

When Edward N saw the first drawing of the engine, he predicted that it would not work and he was right. (as always when it comes to engines)

Don't you think that people like Rossi (either one of them) or Picco have not tried this stuff before.If there was a revolutionary way of building a 2 cycle nitro engine within the rules, you can trust that the people with decades of experience would have done itlong before Orion even thought about it.

So, stop getting all worked up over this and be a bit more objective.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So to answer the OP's question(that is why people make new threads to ask questions right?, not for you guys to argue with each other in?).

Anyone got one ? No

Tried it yet ? No

How is it ? If its like the regular CRF, it is hard to tune and tune for, but does have a lot of power if you can get it right. Its also a really cool engine design.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

i ordered a kyosho crf with a crf bottom end pipe (the 09 model number i think it is) i'll be using a mugen superstiff spring on it for now, as i couldn't get my hands on the crf square spring. I'll eventually use the crf spring when i can get it.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tom u didnt did u thats like puting a Ninja in a RRR nah JK
Old 07-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie

yeah i know ay my blinged out mugen will look so mongy with a gold kyosho head on it i've got a active racing heatsink that im hoping will fit.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
Nothing wrong with that, Got a ninja in my RRR and it flys along very nicely indeed
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TomB
yeah i know ay my blinged out mugen will look so mongy with a gold kyosho head on it i've got a active racing heatsink that im hoping will fit.
It won't look mongy. You can't do, you have to run the kyosho gold head !!

I'm hoping the racing heatsink doesn't fit

Let us know how it goes, it's not like it's gonna take you very long to run-in
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by randay
So to answer the OP's question(that is why people make new threads to ask questions right?, not for you guys to argue with each other in?).

Anyone got one ? No

Tried it yet ? No

How is it ? If its like the regular CRF, it is hard to tune and tune for, but does have a lot of power if you can get it right. Its also a really cool engine design.
I think they've calmed down now -- I hope !

I think the newer version is easier to tune than the older version.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone seen these engine's for sale yet (anywhere online) ?

And are they gonna be available as a complete set, eg. with header + pipe clutch etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.