R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

OK cool do you do onroad engines as well
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie View Post
OK cool do you do onroad engines as well
Yes sir. I have a small vid of one of a TC3's i had with a sirio EVO 3 i did in it goin up and down the street testing it out. Here ill shoot u that vid and let u check it out for yourself. Its a 2 speed i have the 2speed setup to shift very soft so i could keep traction around the sweeper at our local track. Dont want a high powered engine shifting all abrupt and throwing u into the wall

I really like these TC3s for the parking lot tracks around here. They work very well in the lots IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSYSPCjL4e4
Colt4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #18
Tech Master

very nice might have to send you me Ninja to work your magic on
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
very nice might have to send you me Ninja to work your magic on
Send it on. My prices are MORE then fair!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #20
Tech Regular

I own one of these beasts.
In a buggy its excellent, very linear powerband with a wicked upper midrange and topend.

I used it in my truggy and it lacks the bottom end for a truggy. If you use it with a werks clutch and adjust for later engagement then it will work.
This is apparently JP's most powerfull engine. The internals are top notch. The casing inside has been worked, the crank is a work of art. The sleeve porting is beautifull.

I changed the sleeve with a P5 sleeve and must agree with razzor that the 5 port is a much better option. You can use any P5 sleeve and it will work in this engine. At least keep the option in mind. With the 5 port sleeve this engine uses more of its power. With the 8 port you get to 3/4 of the straight and it wants to only start delivering.
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy View Post
I own one of these beasts.
In a buggy its excellent, very linear powerband with a wicked upper midrange and topend.

I used it in my truggy and it lacks the bottom end for a truggy. If you use it with a werks clutch and adjust for later engagement then it will work.
This is apparently JP's most powerfull engine. The internals are top notch. The casing inside has been worked, the crank is a work of art. The sleeve porting is beautifull.

I changed the sleeve with a P5 sleeve and must agree with razzor that the 5 port is a much better option. You can use any P5 sleeve and it will work in this engine. At least keep the option in mind. With the 5 port sleeve this engine uses more of its power. With the 8 port you get to 3/4 of the straight and it wants to only start delivering.
I use the novarossi 821 in my 5T truggy. But i do timing changes that really brings the bottom end to life, but yet still has a nice top end pull to it! I run 1mm springs and light aluminum shoes and a 53 pipe and it works great. On the track we run on it has a long straight so we all go up to 14 tooth bells and the 821 has MY modded 821s have NO issues pulling it right out of the corners! I actually really like these mills alot. Very smooth power delivery, but if u grab a hand full itll get u over a triple NP. I thik its a highly underated engine IMO. But then again mine are all modified to different timing specs...
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #22
Tech Master

which break in process best suits this engine
WOT method http://www.cefx.net/tips/nitro/break-in/index.php
Or heat cycle http://www.johnnycoolguy.com/JCGR/ma..._break-in.html
Byron's
Old 06-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Heat Cycle
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #24
Tech Master

Ok i was thinking that one but just wanted to make sure
Byron's
Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Got a 5-T yesterday along other niceties just to try it with my 'Moguls Panzer' (aka MBX5-T) wanted to try one of those just to compare it with the Ninja B01 I have since day one.

This weekend is impossible to test it, but, next weekend I'll be breakin-in just to see how flexes their muscles and compare them with the B01.

Got the EFRA 9901 pipe along the std long manifold (double turn). Any comments regarding this combo? Many swears by the 9886 pipe, but.. is very hard to find actually here (too loud!).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #26
Tech Master

This engine works best with Novarossi 9886 or 9853 tuned pipes. The 9853 tuned pipe will provide more power on the bottom end with about the same top end as the 9886 pipes, however runtime will suffer. The best overal pipe for excellent runtime with smooth power delivery is the Novarossi 9886 with short header. The longer header will give a little more bottom end at the expense of runtime. The MSR1005 pipe also works well on this engine, but it also suffers from less runtime than the 9886 tuned pipes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R View Post
Got a 5-T yesterday along other niceties just to try it with my 'Moguls Panzer' (aka MBX5-T) wanted to try one of those just to compare it with the Ninja B01 I have since day one.

This weekend is impossible to test it, but, next weekend I'll be breakin-in just to see how flexes their muscles and compare them with the B01.

Got the EFRA 9901 pipe along the std long manifold (double turn). Any comments regarding this combo? Many swears by the 9886 pipe, but.. is very hard to find actually here (too loud!).
Byron's
Old 06-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #27
Tech Master

Hers a link to some reviews in the offroad section
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110390
Byron's
Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #28
Tech Master

what oil content is recommended with this engine novarossi web sit states to run a max of 10% oil in their engines thats what i have got for this engine will that be ok?
Byron's
Old 06-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
what oil content is recommended with this engine novarossi web sit states to run a max of 10% oil in their engines thats what i have got for this engine will that be ok?
I use the same fuel brand I use on the 200mm and the 1/8 On-Road, Runnertime. Maybe there is difficult to get, but stick to a 'race blend' of a reputable vendor and you'll be fine. Choose whatever suits your personal preferences better.

Vendors doesn't state how much oil and which oils, but... should be around 10%. Few (very few...) state them.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #30
Tech Master

i noticed that no well named brands state their oil content I'm using AT Racing with a 25% nitro and a 5/5 oil mix i use it in my onroad 1/8 as well should be OK

Thanks Corse-R
Byron's

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 06-07-2007 at 01:43 AM.