Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Go Tech Engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

i broke in my 7 port today after being replaced by go tech (the piston broke on the first time right after break in). by the way excelent service.

i shimed the head as massive sayed at 0.6 mm shims.
i did notice that the engine lack the the low end punch.
is the shimming make big difference?
will it be more agressive with less shims?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
All this reading and playing around has made me very nostalgic. I removed my P5X from my X1 buggy and decided to run in a new GO 5port.
It was very difficult for me not to get the dremel in their and do some mods.
This time I was after runtime.
All I can say the difference between P5X and Go 5port is very noticeable.
Better runtime and better bottom end and balistic topend.
I made the head shimming 0.6 as suggested by Massive.
I couldnt get my temps very high. If I leaned the sucker more it would just choke on the straight. It seems the GO's tuning just that, tune and leave it. If you go too lean on the LSN it lean bogs middle tank to empty as stated by Mark.
Anyways here is some video footage.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKB-yYyeEBk

My buggy is the Silver with red wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mN67n0TkPg

My truggy is the silver with black wing.

Both missiles is powered by Go 5 ports.
CRT is 5port with JP1
Buggy is 5port with JP3
hey thats looking great ! real fast ! wow ! nice track too

Be careful with temps when you shim over say .4 .. it will seem cooler but the pipe will run hotter as its not taking as much heat out through the head..
And yes a lot of people are jumping ship from Nova to Go Tech . Its just a better way to go seeing Go Tech are so well priced and the performance and quality is great !

Cheers M
Old 08-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dotan23
i broke in my 7 port today after being replaced by go tech (the piston broke on the first time right after break in). by the way excelent service.

i shimed the head as massive sayed at 0.6 mm shims.
i did notice that the engine lack the the low end punch.
is the shimming make big difference?
will it be more agressive with less shims?
what pipe and fuel do you run ?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
what pipe and fuel do you run ?
it was with rb 2045, but today i ran jp1 and it was more than enough, yet very smooth.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Hey Go Tech lovers

Id like to invite you to our MM Forum dedicated to all things nitro

On here you can ask specific questions about engines and tuning as well as the latest up grades and set ups for GO Tech engines. We are in direct contact with the Go Tech factory and help in updating the engine to keep it right up there in the performance stakes.

http://massivemods.com/lib/phpBB2/

sign up and become a member and share in tips and tricks not normally given away in forums

Cheers M
Old 08-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

I just cannot get rid of my lean bog on my trugggy. I get air bubbles in my fuel line.
Any suggestions. I ran a JP1 pipe and changed to HN 2047 it was better intialy but still had the lean bog.
My GO 5port shunts and then later lean bogs. I am convinced its not the engine. Any suggestions?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default CRT bubbles

I noticed that on mine. There were no bubbles near the fuel tank. They formed halfway through the line. Try re-routing the fuel line. Don't wrap it around the motor like stock. The vibrations and heat from the motor seem to make bubbles in the line even when there's no leak. I wrapped mine a couple times around the air filter tube to test it, which keeps the line in front of the hot motor, not touching it. Do something similar and see if it helps.
Of course, check for the obvious. Replace the fuel and exhaust pressure lines, check tank seal, etc.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
I just cannot get rid of my lean bog on my trugggy. I get air bubbles in my fuel line.
Any suggestions. I ran a JP1 pipe and changed to HN 2047 it was better intialy but still had the lean bog.
My GO 5port shunts and then later lean bogs. I am convinced its not the engine. Any suggestions?
I had the samething in my crt, I installed in a new fueltank and my problems where gone, seems like there was a small airleak some where.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mc_knijver
I had the samething in my crt, I installed in a new fueltank and my problems where gone, seems like there was a small airleak some where.
Thanks for the info:
I had 2 problems. the one was a bad can of fuel. I get sidewinder fuel and the one can must have been bad.

Anyways after replacing the fuel tank and some decent fuel, my CRT is the chizel. Idle consistent has a mean pull and crisp on the bottom and all the way to the top.

I have nothing more to say about the GO engines. Let all the layecomers experience the raw power of the GO.
Ive been sold since last year.
I just dont know what to do with my Novarossi's.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mc_knijver
Thanks for the info:
I had 2 problems. the one was a bad can of fuel. I get sidewinder fuel and the one can must have been bad.

Anyways after replacing the fuel tank and some decent fuel, my CRT is the chizel. Idle consistent has a mean pull and crisp on the bottom and all the way to the top.

I have nothing more to say about the GO engines. Let all the latecomers experience the raw power of the GO.
Ive been sold since last year.
I just dont know what to do with my Novarossi's.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Anybody know where I can get the lrp pipe? I've been searching for it, and cant seem to find anywhere to get it here in the states. Thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cpod08
Anybody know where I can get the lrp pipe? I've been searching for it, and cant seem to find anywhere to get it here in the states. Thanks
We have them on our e store

http://massivemods.com/FWS/modules/e...alog.php?id=38
Old 09-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Hey jerseyboy , sell your nova's on ebay
Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hey jerseyboy , sell your nova's on ebay
Mark you know how it goes. Its very difficult to part with good stuff.
I have a P5X, a Crono RS5 and a modified JP B5N.
A very good arsenal. I should be sorted for a good couple of seasons.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

the main difference between Turbo and Standard button is the Geometric compression ratio. Turbo heads have a larger roundish dish. this has several effects

Hi all i have to edit my info , ive been corrected on the information, it was my impression that refraction is influenced by the shape of the dome.. its not so , what a larger dome does is allow for a larger charge to occour which is evenly transferred to the piston regardless of the shape ..

Woo hoo !
Back to a old discussion.
Why is it that turbo heads is run with hotter plugs? How does the bigger dome affect the heat range.
Also can you run a cooler turbo plug and if so waht advantage or disadvantage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.