Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

OS Speed 2104 vs 2105??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have still yet to break in my 2105 as I have been busy with a couple other platforms . It’s sad OS released a V2 version like 2 months after the first one to try and rectify the issue some are having with the piston . Since I have the first version do you think I can take a rubber wheel and carefully polish the upper edges of the exhaust ports in an attempt to keep the piston burn mark free ?? To really add salt to the wound I preordered the Ielasi Gp23r then next thing you know there is a V2 but before that happened I ordered a Part set from ASM , needles to say I wish I waited some as I fear I will mark up each piston in time .
Thank you for the intel on the R2105 case capacity vs previous models , do you think using the r2105 case for the GT2 sleeve will be beneficial for a Gt engine ? With less capacity it may/ should increase response and torque.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I suggest you just use the R2105 as is, you can do some carfull polishing at the exhaust side of the sleeve but be carefull.

Yes, you could try and use the R2105 crankcase with the GT2 sleeve, just as a precaution mesure the sleeve of both engines, just to be sure they are the same.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Rody . When I get the partset broken in I’ll test both and see how it feels with the 2105 case .
Old 01-31-2024, 11:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by NitroPhene
Thanks Rody . When I get the partset broken in I’ll test both and see how it feels with the 2105 case .
You are welcome and keep us posted about your findings.