nitro engine for a ft ntc3

Reply

Old 04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Default nitro engine for a ft ntc3

im looking into getting a ft nitro tc3. as for the motor i was looking at a O.S. .18 the cr-v (p) i think it is, the one that says its a direct fit for it, also why is that one so cheap compared to others that are smaller. and another q. whats the best fuel to run in a os engine.
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:22 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
 
onnetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,727
Default

and you work at a hobby shop?
onnetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:16 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Default

yea i do and i was looking for some help from the guys who really race all the time, i work more on electrics buddy, and what just because i do work at one i cant ask questions.
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:58 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
 
onnetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,727
Default

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
yea i do and i was looking for some help from the guys who really race all the time, i work more on electrics buddy, and what just because i do work at one i cant ask questions.
I just thought it was odd that you didn't ask these quesitions where you work.

if your going to get a .18 it wont be legal for racing, unless some kind of outlaw class allows it.

if you want an os and want to race, then go for the .12tz...

best fuel I've found so far is wildcat eliminator and that should go for any brand of engine..

the cvr is cheaper because its not up to par with for instance the os tz line..
onnetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:06 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Default

Originally Posted by onnetz
I just thought it was odd that you didn't ask these quesitions where you work.

if your going to get a .18 it wont be legal for racing, unless some kind of outlaw class allows it.

if you want an os and want to race, then go for the .12tz...

best fuel I've found so far is wildcat eliminator and that should go for any brand of engine..

the cvr is cheaper because its not up to par with for instance the os tz line..

thanks for the help, im just lookin for somethin that will be really really fast not to race but to play with
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:14 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
 
onnetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,727
Default

get the .18cvr then, but remember its going to be hard to control.

the better choice would be to get the .12tz wich is plenty fast, plus its legal for racing if later on you decide to do so.
onnetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Default

thats cool, what other cars do you think are good for a beginner who might race later on (i want a kit)
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:31 PM
  #8  
Tech Master
 
onnetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,727
Default

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
thats cool, what other cars do you think are good for a beginner who might race later on (i want a kit)
what kits do they carry plenty of parts for where you work?
the first thing that comes to mind is the R40....
onnetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:51 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Default

thats why i was gonna go with the ft tc3 nitro they have every part for it
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:03 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
 
onnetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,727
Default

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
thats why i was gonna go with the ft tc3 nitro they have every part for it
I would stick with that then..
onnetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:19 PM
  #11  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
TrickPonYracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Port Charlotte Fla
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

buy a kit ,get a rear exhust motor,use a good fuel aka rocket science,odonals,put only on the car what comes in the tc3 kit ver2 and beat the snot out of it and you can still race it .buy a 3 port modle engine
TrickPonYracing is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service