Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
The New Werks B7KE "Kortz Edition" .21 Racing Engine >

The New Werks B7KE "Kortz Edition" .21 Racing Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

The New Werks B7KE "Kortz Edition" .21 Racing Engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks again for that info. My thought process has been wrong when it comes to plugs thanks for clarifying. If only there was that one magical plug life would be easier. Not sure I'll get to burn some nitro today we're getting rain.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gavel
Well despite my idle gap being larger then recommended, i came 2nd at the state titles this weekend, they engine was singing!!! Also during the amain warmup i cleared 10.30 on fuel time, but pitted at 9 to be sure
Congrats!!
Old 07-31-2016, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well despite my idle gap being larger then recommended, i came 2nd at the state titles this weekend, they engine was singing!!! Also during the amain warmup i cleared 10.30 on fuel time, but pitted at 9 to be sure
Awesome, congrats on the results and I'm happy to hear that the engines performance and run time is to your liking!

Originally Posted by Deckman
Thanks again for that info. My thought process has been wrong when it comes to plugs thanks for clarifying. If only there was that one magical plug life would be easier. Not sure I'll get to burn some nitro today we're getting rain.
Not a problem and again this is my take on our plug line. Other companies may construct their plugs differently (as in wire diameter and lengths) so they may feel different rules apply but with our stuff this is what I have found over the years and is also why I started developing the #4 plug a few years ago specifically for when we race in high temp/high humidity conditions.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Daniel, i managed 10.29 in warmup running the B5 Pro 2, very similar. Good to see your happy with the B7KE, like that top end.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Thanks for the info on set up etc. First I have not done a lot of testing with it (others may be able to chime in on this but I do not believe the JP-3 pipe works the best with our engines).

Second in regards to your question about humidity, yes it throws everything off as far as tune is concerned! High humidity conditions especially when combined with high ambient temperatures make proper tuning of the engine very difficult. In high humidity type conditions when the incoming mixture is compressed (during the compression stroke) the moisture trapped in the air will attempt to extinguish the glow plug element. This is why you often see people having so called "ghost flamouts" in those conditions, where the engien seems to be running fine and then somewhere on the track it just randomly cuts out seeimingly for no reason.

So the higher the humidity, the hotter the glow plug you should be running. This is why we came out with the super hot #4 plug, for NC, SC, LA, FL etc. in 90F+ conditions with high humidity. From my experience racing in those conditions it is also not uncommon to have to run the engine considerably hotter (so leaner) than normal in orde to get them to run properly. I remember being at a race at the Farm II in high temp/high humidity conditions where we had to run our engines at 280F just to get them to run properly. As a comparison we would normally be in the 220-240f range but at the higher temp they worked properly, showed good smoke and did not run on, so as the saying goes "they run where they run".

Super high humidity conditions and tuning is not the easiest thing to do but I would certainly advise you to change plugs to a #5 if not a #4 if you have access to those. Then if you have to run a larger air gap or leaner than normal (the larger air gap also effectively does that for the LS needle) do not be concerned about it. Just pay attention to how your engine runs and if it seems to be opperating normal then you should be ok. Hope that helps!
While not running a b7 this was a very helpfull post for me, I've been struggling with idle lately in upper 90's and high humidity. This weekend the idle was sensitive on Saturday but a front went through and Sunday was mid 80's and lower humidity and idled like its old self. Running the #5 plug now but will definitely get the #4 before the next race.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shein95
While not running a b7 this was a very helpfull post for me, I've been struggling with idle lately in upper 90's and high humidity. This weekend the idle was sensitive on Saturday but a front went through and Sunday was mid 80's and lower humidity and idled like its old self. Running the #5 plug now but will definitely get the #4 before the next race.
Thanks glad it helped! Again some may have different thoughts on plug temps verus ambient temp/humidity but this is what I have found works best with our line of glow plugs and is why we developed the #4 plug for the super hot down south type I don't want to go out side because I feel like I'm being cooked alive 90F+ days with high humidity days!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger
Hey Daniel, i managed 10.29 in warmup running the B5 Pro 2, very similar. Good to see your happy with the B7KE, like that top end.
That top is insane!!! Gonna put a b5 in truck and run the 7 in buggy, almost feel bad for my tire glue, gonna be balistic with only the weight of the buggy to pull around
Old 08-16-2016, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

That top is insane!!! Gonna put a b5 in truck and run the 7 in buggy, almost feel bad for my tire glue, gonna be balistic with only the weight of the buggy to pull around
Such a awesome buggy motor Daniel.

I ran the new B5 Pro2 at Townsville, a beast in the truggy.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

I'd like to congratulate our importer in Brazil and driver Fernando for the awesome race results from last weekend at one of the Championship Races and for taking 2nd place in Buggy using a B7KE / 2058 pipe.

In addition we took:

1st place in Truggy (using a B6 ProII / 2058)

&

1st place Buggy (using a B6 ProII / 2058)

Congrats guys!
Old 11-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Just pulled the trigger for one of these bad boys for my daughter's buggy. Been back and forth on a couple brands but jumping back on the Werks Train....Get it broke-in next week and then on to Fall Brawl!!! Cant wait
Old 11-19-2016, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Just pulled the trigger for one of these bad boys for my daughter's buggy. Been back and forth on a couple brands but jumping back on the Werks Train....Get it broke-in next week and then on to Fall Brawl!!! Cant wait
You won't be disappointed. The B7 Kortz Edition is a fantastic addition to the Werks range.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quick recap of my weekend with this motor.....

Got it Monday. Ran a quart of Bones Brew Break-in Fuel thru it on Tuesday, heat cycling between 200-240*. Then ran 3 more tanks of 30% race fuel thru it on Wednesday just to get the tune somewhat close. Thursday we packed up and headed to Myrtle Beach, SC for the 15th annual Fall Brawl.
Friday was practice and with 550+ entries, practice was at a premium. Every time we could get out there, we ran. Putting an additional 6 tanks thru it, but not quite stretching her legs on the long straights, she was singing. Tons of power and we needed it. The track had so much traction, cars were lifting the front ends coming out of the corners! Bar style tires with sauce was the hot set-up!
On Saturday, we leaned a little more and she rocketed down the straight even passing some Speeds, Reds and Nova's on the way!
By Sunday, the temps dropped to the mid 40's, but the motor was still very happy with the tune. Still a tad on the rich side, as you could feel a little mechanical pinch on the last 30-40* of the stroke, but that didn't stop here from running 8 minutes easy on a tank.

My daughter ran 3 classes there. She was worried that this new motor would be too much for her. By the end of the first practice session, her worries were over and she was mad at me for not getting this thing sooner

Needless to say, if any of you are thinking about this motor, just stop thinking and do it. This thing is killer. Smooth. Powerful. Efficient. Easy to tune and easy to break in. Its been a couple year since I have broken in a motor. I usually send it off, but was strapped for time.

Thanks Ron and the whole Werks crew for developing such a great product!
Old 12-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Got it Monday. Ran a quart of Bones Brew Break-in Fuel thru it on Tuesday, heat cycling between 200-240*. Then ran 3 more tanks of 30% race fuel thru it on Wednesday just to get the tune somewhat close. Thursday we packed up and headed to Myrtle Beach, SC for the 15th annual Fall Brawl.
Friday was practice and with 550+ entries, practice was at a premium. Every time we could get out there, we ran. Putting an additional 6 tanks thru it, but not quite stretching her legs on the long straights, she was singing. Tons of power and we needed it. The track had so much traction, cars were lifting the front ends coming out of the corners! Bar style tires with sauce was the hot set-up!
On Saturday, we leaned a little more and she rocketed down the straight even passing some Speeds, Reds and Nova's on the way!
By Sunday, the temps dropped to the mid 40's, but the motor was still very happy with the tune. Still a tad on the rich side, as you could feel a little mechanical pinch on the last 30-40* of the stroke, but that didn't stop here from running 8 minutes easy on a tank.

My daughter ran 3 classes there. She was worried that this new motor would be too much for her. By the end of the first practice session, her worries were over and she was mad at me for not getting this thing sooner

Needless to say, if any of you are thinking about this motor, just stop thinking and do it. This thing is killer. Smooth. Powerful. Efficient. Easy to tune and easy to break in. Its been a couple year since I have broken in a motor. I usually send it off, but was strapped for time.

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the B7KE! I think a lot of people are surprised when they first run one of them, the motors are super smooth but actaully have a ton of power and as you mentioned are faster than just about any other engine out there!
Old 12-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Had my B7 for two months or so. Great engine. Now I just have to drive better.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

My trackmate just odrered this engine with 2058, seems i'll take part in break-in session of this mill next spring. I'm very curious about "7 port for buggy" step from Werks, esp. compared to mine 2101. At least it should be durable/noob-proof AF, according to what i've seen at local track with one B6 team.
Also, question about new front bearing: how it holds compared to Nova 17011 and blue seal japanese bearings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.