Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
The New Werks B7KE (Kortz) Buggy Engine!!! >

The New Werks B7KE (Kortz) Buggy Engine!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Werks B7KE (Kortz) Buggy Engine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default The New Werks B7KE (Kortz) Buggy Engine!!!

http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/03/22/w...-kortz-engine/

I Know I'm EXCITED!!! When can I get one?
Old 03-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigalila
http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/03/22/w...-kortz-engine/

I Know I'm EXCITED!!! When can I get one?
Around 4 - 6 weeks time I would say . It's a killer engine - you will love it.
The B7-KE made it's team driver debut down here in the South Pacific region last weekend at the NSW State Champs in Australia where it came 3rd in truggy.
Although primarily designed as a high performance buggy engine, the new B7-KE showed it had abundant power in this heavier class.
You have PM re more info to be found on our FB page (I don't think we can list our page link in here - against the rules).

Last edited by grizz1; 03-22-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any affiliation with the older B7?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Any affiliation with the older B7?
No. This is an all new .21 7 Port design that is a stand alone model. The B7-KE is a new higher spec engine, seperate from the Pro Series line.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Couple of pics showing the new B7-KE in our team drivers car ready for a national event this weekend.
Note a much lower profile than the Pro Series engines.
Attached Thumbnails The New Werks B7KE (Kortz) Buggy Engine!!!-received_922319624556449.jpg   The New Werks B7KE (Kortz) Buggy Engine!!!-received_922316697890075.jpg  
Old 03-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grizz1
No. This is an all new .21 7 Port design that is a stand alone model. The B7-KE is a new higher spec engine, seperate from the Pro Series line.
Thank you!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The B7-KE is a new higher spec engine, seperate from the Pro Series line.
But its got all the goodies and then some of the Pro series monsters it looks like ( black case, ceramic rear bearing, drilled and filled crank, lighter weight cooling head...)

Looking at getting this sweet looking mill. I need one that can fill duties in a buggy ( my daughter's) or truck ( mine) and looking at the results and write ups about the torque curve and power band and I think this one will just about perfect for that. Couple questions though...

1. I have a number of "2010" model venturis... Will they fit the new carb? And what have you used/ tested?
2. Pipe choice... I have all 3 Werks pipes, and would plan using the 2058.... Have you guys done any testing with the 2013?Would it ( like it always has) increase the low end?
3. How are you guys looking as far as run time? 9-10 minutes would be perfect but more is always appriciated
Old 03-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerm13
But its got all the goodies and then some of the Pro series monsters it looks like ( black case, ceramic rear bearing, drilled and filled crank, lighter weight cooling head...)

Looking at getting this sweet looking mill. I need one that can fill duties in a buggy ( my daughter's) or truck ( mine) and looking at the results and write ups about the torque curve and power band and I think this one will just about perfect for that. Couple questions though...

1. I have a number of "2010" model venturis... Will they fit the new carb? And what have you used/ tested?
2. Pipe choice... I have all 3 Werks pipes, and would plan using the 2058.... Have you guys done any testing with the 2013?Would it ( like it always has) increase the low end?
3. How are you guys looking as far as run time? 9-10 minutes would be perfect but more is always appriciated
Hi Jerm13,

Yes it got all the goodies !! The crank is all new with Tungsten balance weight etc, as is head button (O Ring sealed). There are other variances as well.

As far as venturi's - yep, your good to go with the 2010 versions. The carb has the same case, but has undergone some internal changes and has a new needle set (top and bottom).
It tunes real easy and gives very sharp performance.
The B7-KE engine comes with 7.0, 6.5, 6.0 venturi's in the box.

Pipe choice really comes down the the EFRA 2058. The engine was designed to work around this pipe.

Run time I cannot say, as the only competition run we have had with the engine down here in the South Pacific was by the Australian distributor last weekend when he took 3rd place in truggy at their NSW State Champs. I don't have any run time info from him sorry.
I dare say it's capable of 10 minutes in buggy - but I'm one of those guys that's dead against pushing for 10 to 11 min tanks in a buggy. It just opens the door to reliability and tuning issues, flame outs etc.
With the modern low oil % fuels, running that lean is just asking for trouble IMHO, but that's just me. I'm sure it will be capable of 10 minutes if you want to run it accordingly.

For more info on the new B7-KE visit our Facebook page as listed in the signature below.
There are heaps of Werks users on there, and I'm sure there will be some good info coming through as these engines get out there around the world in a few weeks time.

Last edited by grizz1; 03-22-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I ran the B7KE at our State titles over the weekend. Awesome motor, buggy, big linear power band, but silky smooth. Being a new motor i haven't fully leaned on it yet.
Truggy, sofar, plenty of power for a truck too and showing very good runtime as well..
I think Ron is onto a winner with this one.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hi Jerm13,

Yes it got all the goodies !! The crank is all new with Tungsten balance weight etc, as is head button (O Ring sealed). There are other variances as well.

As far as venturi's - yep, your good to go with the 2010 versions. The carb has the same case, but has undergone some internal changes and has a new needle set (top and bottom).
It tunes real easy and gives very sharp performance.
The B7-KE engine comes with 7.0, 6.5, 6.0 venturi's in the box.

Pipe choice really comes down the the EFRA 2058. The engine was designed to work around this pipe.

Run time I cannot say, as the only competition run we have had with the engine down here in the South Pacific was by the Australian distributor last weekend when he took 3rd place in truggy at their NSW State Champs. I don't have any run time info from him sorry.
I dare say it's capable of 10 minutes in buggy - but I'm one of those guys that's dead against pushing for 10 to 11 min tanks in a buggy. It just opens the door to reliability and tuning issues, flame outs etc.
With the modern low oil % fuels, running that lean is just asking for trouble IMHO, but that's just me. I'm sure it will be capable of 10 minutes if you want to run it accordingly.

For more info on the new B7-KE visit our Facebook page as listed in the signature below.
There are heaps of Werks users on there, and I'm sure there will be some good info coming through as these engines get out there around the world in a few weeks time.
Good to hear. Im going to be seriously looking at one of these when they are released

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger
I think Ron is onto a winner with this one.
I think he did!
Old 03-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

I was in contact with Ron at Werks today, and he will be starting an "official" B7 Kortz Edition thread on here soon (to match the threads for the other products B2, B5, B6).

With the pending release of the new engine into the market he is very busy right now, but will post something up as soon as he gets a chance.
Meanwhile, please feel free to post any questions etc in this thread and we will do our best to keep you up to speed on this exciting new product.