Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree50Likes

Triton RC new engine...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

New Triton Black edition engines in stock!
Almost 10mm lower profile than standard engines improves chassis handling but the design also keeps cooling efficiency intact to keep engine temps cool.
Offered in a 3 port and 5 port design.

www.tritonrc.com

Old 12-21-2019, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korocian
It has become much clearer
What are you talking about????
Old 12-26-2019, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey I know the triton 2034 pipe says made by hipex on it. I have it and run it on my L5v2 elite and it’s awesome. What manifold comes on the triton 2034 it just says triton on manifold and not numbers like hipex does?
I see there is a couple different manifolds from hipex and I see the regular non-triton hipex 2034 comes with a s48. Other hipex pipe like 2135 come with a L50. Was just wondering if the triton 2034 comes with the s48 on it. I compared it to the L50 and it’s shorter.
anyone know? Thanks!

Last edited by jersey; 12-26-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

How's these engines compare to everything thing else on the market? Bottom end, top end, fuel mileage and tuning? Will they run with the OS's and REDS? Thanks...
Old 02-19-2020, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster
How's these engines compare to everything thing else on the market? Bottom end, top end, fuel mileage and tuning? Will they run with the OS's and REDS? Thanks...
I can only speak on the older tritons
the L5v1 and L5v2 elite I love them they run good tune similar to a picco but run better and better mileage. It was said on here The older ones were made In picco factory some parts were similar but it wasn’t just a rebadged engine.
as far as the older L3v1 i believe that is a LM? factory made engine maybe, I notice some parts are similar to Orion and werks but again not a rebadged engine. I prefered my L5v2 elite over the L3v1.

as far as the newer tritons the L3v2 black and the L5v2 black I’ve never used them. Some parts look like there made in the LM? factory that makes werks Orion etc. but again they aren’t a copy or rebadged engine. I can’t speak on the new black editions since I haven’t ran mine yet I would think they would tune similar to a werks Or Orion. Carb body looks similar not sure if needles are same etc.
my L3v1 tuned similar to a werks.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried the GT specific engine? I want something that is not over the top and easy to tune. Heard Tritons are generally user friendly.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

The Triton GT engines are fast as are all Tritons and the quality and tuning is xlnt but they are a very fast GT engine so if you are looking for something mild power wise it might not be the best choice.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi - I just recently picked up a used buggy with a Triton L3 Evo engine installed. I'll be honest - I've never heard of Triton before but I am sure impressed with the engine. I don't see much chatter about the Evo engine - is there a reason for that? Anything I should know?

Thanks,
Angelo
Old 04-05-2021, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Small US Company that doesn't have the marketing budget that the larger companies do ........Glad you like the engines though Hhgh quality and very fast indeed.
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Triton

I’ve ran Tritons for the last 5 years. Lance used to provide and modify Pico’s when he was the US importer. They’ve become better with each rev. I’ve never owned engines this easy to tune. I was able to squeeze 15min out of buggy when needed. I also don’t fully understand why this company hasn’t exploded with sales. With the correct pipe and engine choice you will get similar performance to any engine on the market at a significantly lower price.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ccolemugen
I also don’t fully understand why this company hasn’t exploded with sales.
You need to be able to buy them really. Looking at their website, both their US and Intl distributor lists are empty. I know RCRenew sells them but with basically no online presence and very limited marketing, how are people supposed to find out about them?
They need to update their website and get an up to date list on where to buy their products. If they aren't available outside the US the price is moot too as the price is now matching current high end DLC engines.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK so I’m having an issue with my triton L3 evo engine. This engine came on a buggy I purchased and it is used but has a really great pinch where I can’t turn it over by hand. It seems like on the first start of the day, I’ll warm up the engine to about 200° and then try to start it. I try to prime it but it just seems like all I get is bubbles. Not a steady stream of fuel. We wrestle with this engine for about 10-15 minutes trying all sorts of different things to get it started. Glow plug is good, glow igniter is good, fuel is good. Once the engine starts it runs terrific so it’s not like the needles are off because they seem pretty spot on. It’s definitely not my first nitro engine but I’ll say it’s the one that’s giving me the most grief in starting.

Any clues on what I might be missing in starting this engine?

Thanks

Angelo
Old 04-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by angelob
OK so I’m having an issue with my triton L3 evo engine. This engine came on a buggy I purchased and it is used but has a really great pinch where I can’t turn it over by hand. It seems like on the first start of the day, I’ll warm up the engine to about 200° and then try to start it. I try to prime it but it just seems like all I get is bubbles. Not a steady stream of fuel. We wrestle with this engine for about 10-15 minutes trying all sorts of different things to get it started. Glow plug is good, glow igniter is good, fuel is good. Once the engine starts it runs terrific so it’s not like the needles are off because they seem pretty spot on. It’s definitely not my first nitro engine but I’ll say it’s the one that’s giving me the most grief in starting.

Any clues on what I might be missing in starting this engine?

Thanks

Angelo
i can’t say for certain but it sounds like your fuel system needs attention. Maybe replace the lines, check your fuel tank lid and seal, and maybe replace the whole set up to rule it out.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Losi215
i can’t say for certain but it sounds like your fuel system needs attention. Maybe replace the lines, check your fuel tank lid and seal, and maybe replace the whole set up to rule it out.
So this engine currently resides in a new Tekno NB48 2.0 that’s maybe 3 weeks old. I originally built the car with a tired novarossi and swapped this engine into it while we are getting it repinched. So the tank is pretty much fresh, I did replace the fuel lines to rule those out.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

There could still be a defect in the tank that's letting air into the fuel feed, like a drinking straw that cracked after being accidentally bent in half. (I can't be the only person who's ever done this.)

I can't think of any other reason why there would be air bubbles in the fuel line when the tank is full of fuel and the engine hasn't had a chance to heat anything up yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.