Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed B2101 engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Personally I run 25/8.
8% oil leaves little room for error on your tune. If you are new go with 30/9. Or 25/11. See what's at your local shop, fuel is expensive to ship.

I have been through many different fuel companies and Byrons is the most consistent. So much I became a local dealer.

Last edited by Frank L; 03-18-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tried Byrons once and it was a gallon of 20% with an RTR and a nice OS 21 VG. it ran fine but I like VP better. I ran Morgans Cool power years back in my airplanes.I had a lot of problems with my airplane engines not running right but I figure it was a nitro issue as we allways ran 5% nitro. I started running 10% and my performance bumped up a little. Years later I think it was also a prop issue. I moved to new town and there is not a real good place to run RC cars here. I got rid of my Jammin X1 and X2 and ended up with a HN X3 sabre and a brand new OS MAX xzb ver 2 that has never been fired but I have a sealed gallon of VP 30% 8% in my closet. The Closet track is over an hour away.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

LMK what your engine looks like inside after 4-5 gallons with the power master fuel.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:15 AM
am
Tech Master

Best fuel avalible is not possible to buy in USA. Labemax from France. It has not the evil power of some of the fuels, but makes your engine so smooth, drivable and easy to tune. idling is also awsome compared to alot of fuel i have tested. I also get abaout 30-45 sevonds better runtime with Labemax compared to Byrons 25/11. Byrons 25/11 have more power, but makes the engine a lightswitch compared to Labemax.

Engines also looks very good inside, and the crankpin holds up very well. The crankpin is were you will see how good the fuels luberication is.

I like Byorn 25/11. 25/9 is a bit hard on the engine. We are not allowed any more to buy fuel with less than 10% oil
Old 03-19-2016, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank L
LMK what your engine looks like inside after 4-5 gallons with the power master fuel.
Hi Frank,
Just before I sold my blue head XZB I pulled it out of my X1 and swapped it with the vzb worlds that would not run worth a damn.I pulled the back plate off and it look clean and not very much rust on the crank area. I put it back in the x2 and ran it a couple times.
I bought the first engine second hand from a self acclaimed modder whom I really believe had no clue what he was doing.I am going to break this in my self and set use the break in method in the break-in bible and go from there. The only thing that concerns me is the oil content being 9% but it seem to be ok with my other engines.
Thank You
Michael
Old 03-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Hello am,

Do You have any chance to have try Runner Time?

Cheers..

Originally Posted by am
Best fuel avalible is not possible to buy in USA. Labemax from France. It has not the evil power of some of the fuels, but makes your engine so smooth, drivable and easy to tune. idling is also awsome compared to alot of fuel i have tested. I also get abaout 30-45 sevonds better runtime with Labemax compared to Byrons 25/11. Byrons 25/11 have more power, but makes the engine a lightswitch compared to Labemax.

Engines also looks very good inside, and the crankpin holds up very well. The crankpin is were you will see how good the fuels luberication is.

I like Byorn 25/11. 25/9 is a bit hard on the engine. We are not allowed any more to buy fuel with less than 10% oil
Old 03-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ventury

what ventury is best to start for this engine to give most forgiving tuning and still give good run time? and how many tanks do you run in aprroximately until it is fully broken in? this engine is so different than spec2. I do have a bit difficulty tuning this engine consistantly. Thanks
Old 03-20-2016, 01:51 AM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello am,

Do You have any chance to have try Runner Time?

Cheers..
Yes, but that is a loooong time ago. It had a very very strang smell. Pobebly from something in the oil. We used to run Tornado fuel at that time. Tornado was a very good onroad fuel, not so good for offroad. After we understood why the tornado fuel was hard on engines, ( my erlier years with nitro ) we bought resin oil at a phamacy. Worked awsome. We also got something called Baily-oil. That was the best oil i have ever put in a fuel!!
Old 03-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Hello am,

I would say that Runner Time doesn't smell funny.. I remember back in the Year of 2000 in Las Vegas 1/8th IC Off Road, Mecca Fuel was the one that has a very distinctive smell.

In the old days I was running Tornado as well. And our team had the special Blend with 28% of Nitro at that time.

I will try to get a hand of that Labemax from France that You mention earlier.

Cheers..

Originally Posted by am
Yes, but that is a loooong time ago. It had a very very strang smell. Pobebly from something in the oil. We used to run Tornado fuel at that time. Tornado was a very good onroad fuel, not so good for offroad. After we understood why the tornado fuel was hard on engines, ( my erlier years with nitro ) we bought resin oil at a phamacy. Worked awsome. We also got something called Baily-oil. That was the best oil i have ever put in a fuel!!
Old 03-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Bones Brew fuel

check out this fuel. very consistent. no crazy smell and smoke is not stinging to the eyes. btw, I'm not sponsored driver. so this is free ads. LOL.

http://www.bonesmotorsports.com/Bone...mfg_3-0-1.html
Old 03-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pword
check out this fuel. very consistent. no crazy smell and smoke is not stinging to the eyes. btw, I'm not sponsored driver. so this is free ads. LOL.

http://www.bonesmotorsports.com/Bone...mfg_3-0-1.html

I see alot of people in our area running Bones Brew and they love it.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I'm thinking about ordering this engine from Japan but looks like they will take it apart. Anyone know how many pieces do they take it apart to.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
I'm thinking about ordering this engine from Japan but looks like they will take it apart. Anyone know how many pieces do they take it apart to.
The last one I ordered from Futaba Pro Shop was completely apart except the bearings were still in the block. They individually wrap each part that can be damaged and put in small zip lock bags with bubble wrap. i have never had an issue with them and will continue to get my Speeds this way. Very fast shipping too. Once I got passed the ordering process it takes a week to Texas.

To more directly answer your question, They don't take EVERYTHING apart. The carb is still together. The connecting rod is still attached to piston etc.......
Old 03-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER
The last one I ordered from Futaba Pro Shop was completely apart except the bearings were still in the block. They individually wrap each part that can be damaged and put in small zip lock bags with bubble wrap. i have never had an issue with them and will continue to get my Speeds this way. Very fast shipping too. Once I got passed the ordering process it takes a week to Texas.

To more directly answer your question, They don't take EVERYTHING apart. The carb is still together. The connecting rod is still attached to piston etc.......
Thanks
Im a little nervous bc I never took or put an engine together and don't want to mess it up. How difficult to do it if never done before.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

don't be concerned, all very easy. Have a check on Youtube, lots of examples. These engines are not complicated.

The only thing, make sure the piston is out of the way when fitting the back plate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.