Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picco 5 TX !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Jared Tebo has the wrong pipe and clutch set up on his engines also.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Am I misunderstanding something here, or are you the only one saying the TX basically isn't that powerful, whereas everybody else is saying very much the exact opposite? Are you maybe running the wrong pipe or clutch to get the most out of it?
You have to take into consideration, I've been doing this a while and I know my engines. I may not be a "Pro", but the feel of an engine is very important to me.

The pipe is a 2099 and the clutch is a normal Losi clutch... 2 carbon with green springs/2 blue aluminum with gold springs. I use that combo on just about everything.

When I say it's not as powerful as an O.S. Speed Spec 2, that could very well be a feel thing. O.S. engines are very aggressive, at least the XZB models are.

And good one Jaz! LOL.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 08-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by schreff
Vinny,

I got some time to run at Trains and Lanes yesterday just putting down some laps trying to make sure I had the engine situation resolved.

After a few tanks of tweaking, and it's still not 100% yet, here's my assessment compared to an O.S. Speed...

Bottom end is really about equal to an O.S., but with a smoother delivery. What I mean by that is every little increment of the trigger is actually power band. It's not an engine that goes from idle to "on the pipe" by flooring it. It ramps slower so it's definitely more easy to control.

Straight line speed, it's really quite a match for some of the quicker motors. It was faster than an FX in a straight line, but not quite a match for a Speed.

Fuel mileage did go down yesterday. I think I made a 9:45 run to dry, but I was really punishing the car and engine doing that. LOL. I'll be able to go 10+ after more break-in and tuning.

I'd say, compared to the FX, it's definitely a more drive-able and easier to tune engine. Keep in mind, I am running the TX and I'm used to using engines that have WAY more power than I need. The TX is definitely calmer, which was the purpose for giving it a shot.

Sounds like an awesome engine. Will you be at Train and Lanes on Sunday. I'm hoping to make it there or Vineland
Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I race alot of loose track..An my tx is just plan ....POWER HOUSE...nothing could touch it..went up too a 14th clutch bell to help calm it down...Os Who...They have nothing for the TX !!!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

so u are running a TX engine which is more of a punchy engine over the TR with the smoothest pipe Picco makes for it? the TX with the 2069 is def. a power house but I also go for driveabilty I live my TR/2099 combo and all this nonesense about Quality Control makes no sense to me as Bill Ran the TX at the Futaba Nitro Challenge and I believe he did very well?...I used to run the BuKu caps on my Werks engines but never needed to on my Picco although I have a pkg of them sitting here I just never needed them must be the quality control issue I read about....lol
Old 09-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yea it is no big deal but Picco wasn't even aware of the BUku caps. So I spoke with them today and they said its no problem. So on the next ones from here on out they will machine the nose the specs needed for the caps.

They are such great people to work with and will go above and beyond.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Yea it is no big deal but Picco wasn't even aware of the BUku caps. So I spoke with them today and they said its no problem. So on the next ones from here on out they will machine the nose the specs needed for the caps.

They are such great people to work with and will go above and beyond.
Lance. Thanks from all of us Picco/BUKU cap users. Please let us know when you start receiving them.

Note: When small issues like this are addressed so quickly, by Picco, it makes me proud to be using their engines........
Old 09-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

For anyone who's tested the 6mm and 7mm venturi's on the 5tx, what did you find the difference between the two.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
For anyone who's tested the 6mm and 7mm venturi's on the 5tx, what did you find the difference between the two.
You will get a little better mileage, tuning will be a little more touchy but not bad and you will lose a little power. I would run with the 7mm then after you have it completely dialed in if you feel like you want to try a 6mm then swap it out and retune and see what you like better.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got to do some testing and tuning today with my 5tx, getting ready for my first race with it tomorrow. So far, extremely impressive! Idles down immediately and the power is awesome with 25/9% bones brew fuel and 2099 pipe. Smooth and very fast, it just keeps pulling with no let off. Should get a better idea how good it is after tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Got to do some testing and tuning today with my 5tx, getting ready for my first race with it tomorrow. So far, extremely impressive! Idles down immediately and the power is awesome with 25/9% bones brew fuel and 2099 pipe. Smooth and very fast, it just keeps pulling with no let off. Should get a better idea how good it is after tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

First full race day in the books for the Picco 5tx. Started the day with the tune way to rich and do to electrical issues, never had a chance to fully dial it in. Still had plenty of power, but would die after a fillup and once on the track. Lesson learned, this motor does not like a fat Hsn. Once we got it dialed in, the motor performed flawlessly. This motor has the best power band of any motor I've ever owned. Almost electric like, with possibly more top end. I pulled on every car down the straight and that includes one OS speed spec2. The power is so usable and is always there when you need it. Runtime was really good too, went 9 minutes on one of my pit stops. If this motor continues have the power and reliability that it exhibited yesterday, after I tuned it properly, you'll be hard pressed to find a better motor. If you factor in the price, there's no competition.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

only gets better with time
Old 09-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by blktransam
only gets better with time
With the engine cold and the glow plug out, the engine has just a tiny bit of metal pinch. Does the metal pinch need to be totally gone for engine to be fully broken in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.