Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread >

The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Nitro-Mizer High mileage carb inserts official thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77
Neal or Sam or anyone I guess the inserts will work with stock engines or just mods???
The video on this thread is my stock as a rock alpha a352 on the orange insert, my alpha a852 respond well to the purple insert too, so your answer is yes it works well on the stock engines too, the stronger the motor the better the gains I feel, cheers sam
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Got my ol stock Ninja B01A dialed in on a orange restricted today. Thing was ripping just as good as a 7mm.

On a scrappy note, I realized my rear bearing was out the door also. :/
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Well I put the Orange one on my OS Spec2 speed with an orion 2058 pipe and did some back to back testing with the standard 6.5.
I bought these kinda thinking they maybe another fad but also they may be as good as everyone says.
They do exactly what people claim they do..
What was noticeable for me was without changing endpoints from stock to orange insert was how the stock insert would always be a tad rich in the mid range throttle . ie come out of a corner at 1/4 throttle and pull full and the engine loads up slightly. with the orange insert this is so crispened up its not funny. not lean just where it should be. No power decrease as I hadn't changed endpoints but will probably now just be able to use a bit more throttle control and not need to pull full as much because it's crisper everywhere.
Runtime test to come.
Well done guys.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Soapy
Well I put the Orange one on my OS Spec2 speed with an orion 2058 pipe and did some back to back testing with the standard 6.5.
I bought these kinda thinking they maybe another fad but also they may be as good as everyone says.
They do exactly what people claim they do..
What was noticeable for me was without changing endpoints from stock to orange insert was how the stock insert would always be a tad rich in the mid range throttle . ie come out of a corner at 1/4 throttle and pull full and the engine loads up slightly. with the orange insert this is so crispened up its not funny. not lean just where it should be. No power decrease as I hadn't changed endpoints but will probably now just be able to use a bit more throttle control and not need to pull full as much because it's crisper everywhere.
Runtime test to come.
Well done guys.
Glade to hear your liking your new toys, Kev
Time to get the purple mizer into your buggy and have some fun
Old 06-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Interesting piece of design. Would like to try it, but the shipping costs,
ughhh: International Small Packet Air, no tracking avail. 7-21 days): $12.68 - quite high for such a small, light thing.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goszu
ughhh: International Small Packet Air, no tracking avail. 7-21 days): $12.68 - quite high for such a small, light thing.
Yeah it was close to the same for me in the US but I figure that with how much I spend on engines and pipes trying to get the best I can for the money then they are probably well worth the cost. Besides I figure I can find a good setup for both of my engines with three inserts to choose from I am sure I can use one for each engine and right now my pit time is right about 9-9:30 so if I can bump to safe pit time of 10 that is worth alot more than what these pieces cost. I should have mine this week or next and I will let you guys know how they worked for me.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I always throw extra things In the cart to make shipping more worthwhile.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goszu
I understand your frustration, but one thing you need to remember is that ANY international shipping is expensive. Flat rate from USPS is also like $15 for the small box, I had some socks and boxers mailed to me from the US to Vietnam it was $50. I ordered some things from Buku and the shipping was $29 for something the same size. Being in Canada they don't have the $.35 cent stamps if I am not mistaken. Ask around, I think there are a few dealers already in the US if that is where you are from. But the price isn't really that bad in the scheme of things
Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

shipping from Canada is expensive.. hell its cheaper to ship to the US than within canada sometimes.. LOL.. that is no joke
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

DHL express shipping to Australia is expensive but a 3-4 working day service is fantastic
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What seems to be the best pipe to use in conjunction with these inserts on a Novarossi P5 XLT for maximum run time? This will be going in a DNX408. Most of the track I run are medium length and don't have big jumps right out of corners so I normally shoot for a smooth power setup slightly biased to top speed.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Werks 2058 seems to work really well for me
Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MX304
What seems to be the best pipe to use in conjunction with these inserts on a Novarossi P5 XLT for maximum run time? This will be going in a DNX408. Most of the track I run are medium length and don't have big jumps right out of corners so I normally shoot for a smooth power setup slightly biased to top speed.
2096 w 41020 for higher top speed.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I dropped the Orange into my JQ engine with a Ninja 2042 pipe. The engine ran very good on the low end but can't reach max. High end. Engine tends to be rich on high end but I can't lean it cause it's already reaching 120 degrees Celsius.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan
I dropped the Orange into my JQ engine with a Ninja 2042 pipe. The engine ran very good on the low end but can't reach max. High end. Engine tends to be rich on high end but I can't lean it cause it's already reaching 120 degrees Celsius.

Give it slightly more end point....then play with the balance between needles..... if its rich on top and running warm the bottom may be too lean........I have had a couple of guys run them in the VZB based engines with good result.....

what nitro % do you run ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.