Wiki Posts
Search

Fastrax Enduro

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Fastrax Enduro

Hi

does anyone know how good or not these fastrax enduro nitro engines are?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I purchased one a few around 3 months ago as a stop gap until I could afford something better when my OS failed.
It has been fantastic ! Not just a good budget engine but a "good engine" full stop. Only thing that has improved it was an RB carb, the standard one won't accept different venturi's so fine tuning is limited. It was very tight to run in and it needed plenty of heat and the standard needle settings richening a little to fire it up. Once run in it has been fast / reliable and held a tune great. The compression now ( approx 1 1/2 gallons) is exactly the same as it was after break in ! If nothing untowards happens I will be buying another to run in and have ready. I few at my club run them now and there hasn't been a single issue, one guy has just had his "pinched" and its still going strong. Makes the expensive stuff look expensive.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Rookie

thanx a lot for the reply. will deffinatly be looking to get one for the price.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

http://www.thetoyboxuk.co.uk/www.the...=4090842&ack=9

Part No fast 3000....The new 21 size engine from fastrax, (cml) called the ENDURO,,,we have 4 people using these engines at the ledbury club,,,,all of them were used for the 6 hour endurance meeting and have done another 7 or 8 meetings since then and theyr'e still going strong,,,,,,,,they stay in tune really well,,and are making A finals aswell,,so don't think for a 3 port engine they are slower than more expensive engines because they aren't,,,,they are also achieving 10 minute fuel stops,,,the engine was made by hobao for last years 6 hour endurance meeting and iv'e been trying to get some since then,,,we used that engine for the 6 hour race,,then did a winter series with it and 3 months of the summer series until it was basically worn out,,,,what a cracking engine,,,it is now finally available in the uk,,,,and at under a £100 it's an absolute bargain,,,and the spares are cheap aswell
Old 12-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

What are these engines based on? Go?..
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Definetly not a GO. Much better than them. Think they're based on the HoBao engines but they're a lot better than what the specs say. If you've got a Nova/RB or OS carb sitting around put that on it aswell and it really comes to life. For the £ you cant beat the engine and hangs with Nova engines stupidly easily.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Looks like an SH engine, at first glance. Carb looks very SH. Pretty sure it's a rebadged SH engine.
I'd pick a Go engine over that any day.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

It's a hobao .21 3p. They make it in 2 versions, a 3p and 8p. The 8p is crap so I would imagine this motor is not much better.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Lot of guys in the UK seem to like it..

I've read about these enduro style races in the UK, and they seem to have become popular here too. I was actually gonna' race in a six-hour three-man-team race last year, but the track got closed (moved to a better, bigger place, but not ready in time..) I think next spring somebody else in the region has organized a 333-lap race.. Etc.. Apparently these Fastrax have proven themselves.. And for a super long race like that, it's well-priced. I mean, I wouldn't want to use a high-end expensive engine for something like that..

Last edited by Herrsavage; 12-08-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
And for a super long race like that, it's well-priced. I mean, I wouldn't want to use a high-end expensive engine for something like that..
There is less wear on long duration running.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Tech Champion

I think that depends on a few factors, so that you can't really say that as a blanket statement.. Conditions can change, etc.. Not to mention that these type races tend to be more just-for-fun..
Old 12-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Do I need to point out the obvious?..
Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Please do...
Old 12-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I could, but you already summed it up!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Lot of guys in the UK seem to like it..

I've read about these enduro style races in the UK, and they seem to have become popular here too. I was actually gonna' race in a six-hour three-man-team race last year, but the track got closed (moved to a better, bigger place, but not ready in time..) I think next spring somebody else in the region has organized a 333-lap race.. Etc.. Apparently these Fastrax have proven themselves.. And for a super long race like that, it's well-priced. I mean, I wouldn't want to use a high-end expensive engine for something like that..
Yeah but those type races I think you would benefit from a motor that does not make insane power since less power means less stress on the internals. In a race that long I would assume smoothess and control is more prevalent then all out balls to the wall racing but that would be my specualtion.

I am not saying the motor sucks and honestly I do wonder if maybe they mod these motors or use their own sleeve and piston with their own timing. The case and carb are definitely Hobao.