Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
carb help! simple question im sure. >

carb help! simple question im sure.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

carb help! simple question im sure.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Micah78
When you turn on your truck and your transmitter, does the steering work? The reason I ask is because if you didn't bind the transmitter to the truck then that would cause your throttle servo to not work and go wide open when you turn it on.

yes the steering does work. and yes i think it does have the "trim" setting dials but i tryed turning them to no avail. but i did not have to "bind" the remote to anythig it just worked. so maybe i need to do something with that?

also im not sure what you guys mean by throttle "horn" idk what that is sorry. can you guys explain a little more? thank you all for your help i seriously appreciate it to the fullest.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
thank you i will check this out as son as i can i just got to work so i have to wait for some people to leave before i can watch a video. but i will watch it asap. thank you!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acecom1
yes the steering does work. and yes i think it does have the "trim" setting dials but i tryed turning them to no avail. but i did not have to "bind" the remote to anythig it just worked. so maybe i need to do something with that?

also im not sure what you guys mean by throttle "horn" idk what that is sorry. can you guys explain a little more? thank you all for your help i seriously appreciate it to the fullest.
That's what these forums are for. Its not a problem for any of us. A "horn" is what attaches your linkage from your servo to carb, steering, whatever. Its held onto the servo shaft with 1 screw. You might have re-bind your radio to your receiver. Read your manual on how to do that. Watch the video link above, that might help ya too... good luck
Old 03-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Guys.. thank you so much that vid was super help full i was able to hear what it should sound like and where all the screws where how to adjust them and when to adjust them, and on top of everything else you guys have said it really brought everything together for me. i really feel less overhelmed and more confident that i will be able to do all this properly. THANK YOU all for your time and info.

i hope i can figure out this throttle thing now. when i get home and after i sleep im going to re bind the remote if it will let me and then from there im not sure how to mess with the "horn" so maybe ill post with some help on that if you guys dont mind.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sschultz
A "horn" is what attaches your linkage from your servo to carb, steering, whatever. Its held onto the servo shaft with 1 screw.
i did notice that the screw you are talking about was extreamly loose and would free spin. cuz i did try to tighten it i was like wth? thinking to myself why would it be so loose. then i dismissed it thinking it just must be how they are. idk now thinking about it the whole throttle assibley seems all loosey goosey.