Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Alpha Z852 Engine Pressure Problems >

Alpha Z852 Engine Pressure Problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alpha Z852 Engine Pressure Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Alpha Z852 Engine Pressure Problems

Help . I have a Alpha Z852 and it has been parked up for about a yr . I flushed out the engine with some spare nitro fuel. The engine wont start now. Im not getting much pressure out of the exhaust to prime the engine and it seems to be coming back out the carburetor. I blocked off the air in-take with my finger and turned the engine over slowly. The fuel is pushed back down the fuel line on the down stroke then it sucks it back up the line on the up stroke.

I have removed the exhaust and the is no blockages in the block or the exhaust.

any help would be nice .
Old 12-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is in the wrong section but my guess is your starter box is running backward...
Old 12-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try removing the pressure line and blow thru it till fuel reaches the carb. If it has sat for a year with any fuel in it something in the carb. could be clogged up.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The engine should turn counter clockwise looking at the clutch,flywheel.
Did you blow through the exhaust? Most pipes are chambered and it could be cloged in the openings (not visible) from chamber to chamber. Grab the crank shaft with two fingers. Try to turn the engine over at room temp. should not be easy even if you can. If it's really easy to turn over than the pinch is gone and most likely compression as well. If it had residue in the bottom of the engine it probably fouled your glow plug.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have had engines leak at the hsn fitting. There are 2 washers on either side of the banjo fitting. Unscrew the hsn and take it all apart. Take some 600 grit sandpaper (or finer) on a flat surface and sand the washers and the banjo fitting. clean and assemble, tighten it pretty tight but it is brass and aluminum so not too tight. I have had engines run fine but start hard with this issue.

Rex
Old 12-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for help guys . i gave up and just got a new engine .
Old 12-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

That's always a good way to solve A problem but you could send your motor into 22racer (Rex) that way you have a backup he can fix your current issue.