Wiki Posts
Search

Presure line question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Presure line question

Hi,

I've coiled my pressure line up. Is this a no no?
Attached Thumbnails Presure line question-photo.jpg  
Old 09-06-2012, 09:54 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Hi,

I've coiled my pressure line up. Is this a no no?
It looks a little much too me man??? Can't u run it off the thank lid and down by the pipeand then come upby the engine???? Know this is my thoughts????
Old 09-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

your pressure line should be maybe a inch longer than your fuel line, anymore than that may cause issues.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by alwayswin
your pressure line should be maybe a inch longer than your fuel line, anymore than that may cause issues.
Thanks for the feedback. Pressure line is the same length as the fuel line.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I remember the rule used to be 11 inches long on the pressure side so I'm close to that, I would say around 10.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

No, that's terrible. Low pressure air, just like Natural gas lines and propane lines, is greatly affected by the length of line. Longer the line, lower the gas pressure that'll come out. Like friction in a plumbing system. Only way around that is to use bigger diameter line or higher pressure.

So pretty much the longer your pressure line, the less actual pressure your going to get. We could go into the science of it more, but that's just a waste of time on this forum.

I'm going to share my top secret nitrobuggy fuel line routing with you because you seem nice. It's by far the most reliable routing I've found yet. I'll hopefully have this picture deleted before my competitors see it.

Blue is fuel line, red is pressure line. Give or take an inch, it's perfect. Use only Dubro fuel line with my setup.

I will be deleting this top secret routing. Usually two or three guys flame out giving me a few easy positions. Super long fuel lines require more precise tuning in my opinion. And I allways prefer my fuel rolling downhill into the carb. (Which is exactly how you allready have your carb inlet set to)

Yes indeed, my fuel line is twice as long as my pressure line. More fuel pressure= easy tuning.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I'm going to share my top secret nitrobuggy fuel line routing with you because you seem nice. It's by far the most reliable routing I've found yet. I'll hopefully have this picture deleted before my competitors see it.

I will be deleting this top secret routing. Usually two or three guys flame out giving me a few easy positions. Super long fuel lines require more precise tuning in my opinion. And I allways prefer my fuel rolling downhill into the carb. (Which is exactly how you allready have your carb inlet set to)
Too late, I now have several copies of this photo and will distribute them over the web unless I receive 100 million trillion dollars (spoken in my best Dr Evil voice) in the next 24 hrs. PM me for my paypal info.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

PM sent with Girlfriends paypal account and phone #.

Close enough?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

I run exactly what zero defect described with his MS paint pic.
Running ten million miles of tubing is only going to get you in trouble.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
PM sent with Girlfriends paypal account and phone #.

Close enough?
Pictures of girlfriend maybe...LOL