Search

Recommendations for Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
80 bucks?!
I put a Buku Komposite clutch on my Serpent truggy last season..still running the same clutch shoes and CB this season, I put new bearings in it at the beginning of this race season, and still running the same bearings.

Bought a Serpent buggy this season, put a Buku in it, and I'm still using the same shoes, bearings and CB.

Both clutches are on CRE .21 engines, and are both infinitely adjustable from mild to wild performance, in about 10 seconds flat. That's enough to convince me that it's $80 well spent..I already saved that in shoes, CB's, bearings and maintenance time..afterall, my time is worth something.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If when you say the Buku is really ALL that good when it comes to low maintenance and low wear, as in it's comparable to the Fioroni slider(two of which I have, each with well over ten gallons on the same shoes...), then yes, I would pay $80... But then I really would be expecting a clutch with ZERO maintenance except changing bearings and cleaning off now and then for a good ten gallons..

The Fioroni slider is no good on .21's - I've tried and it kills the bottom end, but they really are low as in almost-no maintenace on my 25's and up, except for the occasional bearing change and clean-off.. If the Buku offers that for .21's, I'd consider it..

The Buku is what your After, I remember the "Ease" of the Fioroni's but Hated the fact they Didn't work 1/2 the time pending the motor and how "Hot" the clutch would run pending traction.

Regardless, Ive ran the Same shoes in Buggy for darn near 2 season's now and they Still look 70% or better. I just replaced a Test Flywheel from CRE that I was given when i Initially started running the Buku early last Year and there was essentially Zero wear on the pins, And that's the Tester Flywheel that Neal and John Put COUNTLESS gallons of testing on before I ever got my hands on it.

ill never run another clutch in Buggy if I have anything to say about it. That's how much I love the Buku
Old 08-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade954
Most clutches on the market will serve you well but the M2C stands out due to it having all replaceable parts most clutches when the pins wear you have to purchase a new clutch. M2c replace the posts and you are off again.

That's one of reason why I changed to them.
i agree by far the best clutch!!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Where are you guys getting the BuKu clutch from? I checked both amain and stormer and can't find it
Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://www.bukupower.com/Clutch.aspx
The bonded composite is the one for greatest wear and adjustment
Old 08-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mx51
Where are you guys getting the BuKu clutch from? I checked both amain and stormer and can't find it

John @ CRE can get what u need.

http://clockworkracingengines.com/catalog/accessories
Old 08-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mx51
We should have them in stock 8/27/2012.

Lee
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I've had many clutches, and the BUKU is by far the best!
I baulked at the price too, but after trying, it was easy to see the advantage.
As soon as I tried one in my buggy, I immediately ordered another for my truggy and have never been so happy.
I wonder if the guys suggesting other clutches have ever tried the BUKU.
I bet you can't find anyone who has tried it and then went back to another clutch.
I have about four gallons on both and expect to get maybe another four.
And it's cool to show all of my friends the mirror finish on the inside of the clutch bell, I don't think the bell will ever wear out at this rate!!
I have no affiliation with BUKU, but man, a great product is a great product.
I wish I had thought of it.
Cheers
Brian
Old 08-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ive run the APlus, Buku and now the M2C. I liked the Buku BUT after less than 1 1/2 gallons on of the komposite pads debonded. Contacted Buku and was told they would ship a new set of shoes and for me to send the old ones back to them. That was in Feb and still havent seen them. Im now totally sold on the M2C steel 4 shoe... Absolutely a perfect match for my Alphas!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

m2c aluminum has been the best for me, i have run all of them and seems to be the best!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

It seems every year everyone is saying some new clutch system is the best.

I never buy em. I have 6 engines clutched up with standard Mugen flywheels and either hard or 7075 shoes and 1.0 springsthat have collected during the time 3-4 different types of new and amazing clutch systems came out.

They probably are better, but whatever.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by merdith6
It seems every year everyone is saying some new clutch system is the best.

I never buy em. I have 6 engines clutched up with standard Mugen flywheels and either hard or 7075 shoes and 1.0 springsthat have collected during the time 3-4 different types of new and amazing clutch systems came out.

They probably are better, but whatever.
Here in Germany the RMV Speed 2.5 carbon clutch has been THE go-to clutch for years.. For the longest time I never got one, due to the price.. Then eventually along came a buggy deal including two of them. The first runs(in an SC8) were really good. Was happy.. Then though I put them in a new RC8.2, and..... disaster. I was running at the local track with two guys running Mugen 6T's with - I assumed(because they always had before).. - Speed carbon clutches.. Turns out both had had issues with the Speed carbon - bad production run or something.. So one had switched to Speed alu, and the other was just running stock Mugen alu. The latter guy said it was great too.. So anyway, yeah, picked up a new Mugen clutch cheap, and already have a new set of shoes and springs for backups laying around from my Savage days.. So we'll see...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If when you say the Buku is really ALL that good when it comes to low maintenance and low wear, as in it's comparable to the Fioroni slider(two of which I have, each with well over ten gallons on the same shoes...), then yes, I would pay $80... But then I really would be expecting a clutch with ZERO maintenance except changing bearings and cleaning off now and then for a good ten gallons..

The Fioroni slider is no good on .21's - I've tried and it kills the bottom end, but they really are low as in almost-no maintenace on my 25's and up, except for the occasional bearing change and clean-off.. If the Buku offers that for .21's, I'd consider it..
Talked to some fellow racers today and they said the reason i had no bottom end on my werks b7 pro .21 is the slider clutch. Just good to hear it from someone else. I noticed that all my power was at the top end and had like no bottom end. Just thought it was because i was used to electric and it was my first time running nitro. Gonna check out the buku if it's as good as ya'll say.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have yet to try the M2c or Buku. I have been running the Werks Pro clutch for 2 years and have been very happy so I havent even looked at anything else.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Talked to some fellow racers today and they said the reason i had no bottom end on my werks b7 pro .21 is the slider clutch. Just good to hear it from someone else. I noticed that all my power was at the top end and had like no bottom end. Just thought it was because i was used to electric and it was my first time running nitro. Gonna check out the buku if it's as good as ya'll say.

We tried the sliders a couple years ago ( on buggy and truggy)and for us they killed bottom end as well and didnt feel good or consistant to us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.