Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Lrp .32 Tuned pipe question number 10,000,000 :) >

Lrp .32 Tuned pipe question number 10,000,000 :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lrp .32 Tuned pipe question number 10,000,000 :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Lrp .32 Tuned pipe question number 10,000,000 :)

I need help. My brains are melting and i have no idea what to get.
I have Savage X with LRP ZR.32 Spec 2. I have read numerous posts and discussions on this topic and still didnt figure out whats the difference between those pipes and which one would be perfect for my engine. Some people say that the engine has enormous low end power as it is and lacking the top end. So the pipe should complement the mid to top range, because low end is powerful enough and it would increase the top end without affecting the low end. Others say that if you get a mid to top end - you will lose the low end power.
And i also noticed that there is a general consensus that ERCM pipe is the best, but its too expensive for me. So other options that i saw suggested are:
  • Jp-3
  • Jp-4
  • Dynamite 086
Can you please comment on the pipes for that engine. And which one should i pick. I want to be able to do wheelies on demand, but also to be able to go fast at the same time so that i can get to the jump at faster speed. I am a basher not a racer, but i would mind being able to go fast also.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone :'(
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Champion

Do you have the stock aluminum pipe? Try it first.. The LRP .32 is already probably way overpowered for a standard sized Savage. It will wheelie uncontrollably whatever pipe you have. For more top-speed, go up on the CB.. For starters.

I am skeptical that investing much in a pipe will make that big a difference on an LRP .32 in a Savage.. From those though I would try the 086. Not sure how to make the header work, but stock Losi LST2/XXL/8T 2.0 RTR pipes generally work great on all the SH-based engines(LRP, Mach, etc..), and can be had cheap on ebay...
Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

the Jammin JP-3 and (pretty much any model) 86 pipes are always safe bets for good performance all around. There are some pipes that are slightly better here and there, but I think those two are good all around pipes. The Werks 2058 is also another fine all-around pipe, with a better snarl to it, too